Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market: Reliable low temperature performance oil
- Uninhibited transformer oil is a mineral oil, which does not contain any additives such as diteriary-butyl-para-cresole (DBPC) or dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
- The primarily function of a transformer oil is to provide electrical insulation between the various energized parts. Additionally, it is also used to provide a protective coating on the transformer in order to prevent oxidation on metal surfaces.
- Transformer oil possess good thermal conductivity due to its low viscosity and viscosity index, which ensures that heat is efficiently removed from core and windings. Moreover, it offers higher oxidation stability in order provide good resistance to the degradation of oil, which in turn boosts the overall life of transformer, with minimum maintenance.
- Furthermore, uninhibited transformer oil also offers higher dielectric strength by insulating current-carrying parts from each other and from ground, dissipates heat, prevents glow discharges, and extinguishes electric arcs in switchgear. All these characteristics of these uninhibited transformer oils makes them a preferred solution over other available transformer oils.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of uninhibited transformer oil market
- Attributes of uninhibited transformer oil, such as high dielectric strength and low power loss, make it the best oil for usage in transformers and insulators. Moreover, high purity, high flash point, and good cooling capacity helps maintain optimum temperature of the system. Uninhibited transformer oil provides more protection to electrical equipment, as it does not contain additives. Increase in usage of power equipment in developing as well as developed countries owing to its good thermal conductivity and higher oxidation stability is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for power, increasing cross-border power transmission, and rise in initiatives by governments of developing countries to supply electricity to rural areas in their respective countries are anticipated to propel the demand for transformers in the near future. This, in turn, is expected to drive the uninhibited transformer oil market, as this oil is extensively utilized in electric systems in order to enhance the lifespan of these systems.
- Additionally, advancements in transmission lines and replacement of old transformer units across the world are projected to drive the deployment of transformers in the near future, which in turn is estimated to drive the global uninhibited transformer oil market.
- Transformers are highly expensive and failure of these systems can result in economic losses during power interruptions. Beneficial characteristics of uninhibited transformer oil, such as higher oxidation stability and good heat transfer, are expected to drive the demand for the oil in the near future.
- Additionally, developing power transmission distribution infrastructure and rising industrial expenditure are expected to drive the uninhibited transformer oil market in the near future
Presence of inhibited transformer oil to hamper market
- Uninhibited transformer oil faces stiff competition from its counterparts such as inhibited transformer oil. Uninhibited oils contain natural inhibitors or synthetic inhibitors to a maximum concentration of 0.08% by weight. While, inhibited oils contain natural inhibitors or synthetic inhibitors to a maximum concentration of 0.4% by weight.
- Inhibited oils are more refined than uninhibited oils and hence, they have significantly low number of unstable molecules. Additionally, inhibited oils offer higher quality, high consistency, and good base oil composition, thereby resulting in exceptional performance including long oil life and hassle-free transformer operation.
Asia Pacific to hold major share of global uninhibited transformer oil market
- In terms of region, the global uninhibited transformer oil market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a major share of the global uninhibited transformer oil market, especially China and India. High market share held by the region is due to the expansion of electric networks coupled with increasing installation and upgrade of transformers across these regions, which in turn is expected to drive the demand for uninhibited transformer oil in the near future.
- Furthermore, rise in initiatives by governments across the region is expected to increase the drive the demand for uninhibited transformer oil. For instance, in 2015, the Government of India launched a scheme called Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (abbr. DDUGJY) to provide continuous power supply to rural India. The government plans to invest Rs 756 billion (US$ 11 billion) for rural electrification under this scheme.
- Additionally, countries across Middle East & Africa are primarily focused on making investments for power generation, which in turn is projected to propel the demand for uninhibited transformer oil in the region
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market here
Key players operating in the uninhibited transformer oil market
The global uninhibited transformer oil market is highly fragmented in nature, with top manufacturers accounting for a major share of the market. Key players operating in the uninhibited transformer oil market include:
- Chevron Corporation
- Nynas AB
- NANDAN PETROCHEM LTD.
- BP p.l.c. (Through its subsidiary Castrol Limited )
- Gandhar Oil Refinery (India) Limited
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
- Nynas AB
- GOC Petrochemicals Private Limited.
- ENGEN PETROLEUM LTD
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- ACE OEL
- Finnexx Energy Ghana Ltd
- Apar Industries Ltd
- Lodha Petro
- AvinOil S.A.
- ACCOR Lubrifiants
On May 10, 2017, Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. launched its first uninhibited transformer oil, which contains no additives, to provide superior protection to electrical equipment. This oil is primarily utilized in distribution and power transformers and switchgear.
Global Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market, by Application
- EHV / UHV Power
- Large Power
- Medium power
- Others (distribution, instrument, etc.)
- Circuit breakers
- Oil filled switches
- Others (X ray equipment’s, etc)
Global Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.