Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market: Reliable low temperature performance oil
- Uninhibited transformer oil is a mineral oil, which does not contain any additives such as diteriary-butyl-para-cresole (DBPC) or dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
- The primarily function of a transformer oil is to provide electrical insulation between the various energized parts. Additionally, it is also used to provide a protective coating on the transformer in order to prevent oxidation on metal surfaces.
- Transformer oil possess good thermal conductivity due to its low viscosity and viscosity index, which ensures that heat is efficiently removed from core and windings. Moreover, it offers higher oxidation stability in order provide good resistance to the degradation of oil, which in turn boosts the overall life of transformer, with minimum maintenance.
- Furthermore, uninhibited transformer oil also offers higher dielectric strength by insulating current-carrying parts from each other and from ground, dissipates heat, prevents glow discharges, and extinguishes electric arcs in switchgear. All these characteristics of these uninhibited transformer oils makes them a preferred solution over other available transformer oils.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of uninhibited transformer oil market
- Attributes of uninhibited transformer oil, such as high dielectric strength and low power loss, make it the best oil for usage in transformers and insulators. Moreover, high purity, high flash point, and good cooling capacity helps maintain optimum temperature of the system. Uninhibited transformer oil provides more protection to electrical equipment, as it does not contain additives. Increase in usage of power equipment in developing as well as developed countries owing to its good thermal conductivity and higher oxidation stability is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for power, increasing cross-border power transmission, and rise in initiatives by governments of developing countries to supply electricity to rural areas in their respective countries are anticipated to propel the demand for transformers in the near future. This, in turn, is expected to drive the uninhibited transformer oil market, as this oil is extensively utilized in electric systems in order to enhance the lifespan of these systems.
- Additionally, advancements in transmission lines and replacement of old transformer units across the world are projected to drive the deployment of transformers in the near future, which in turn is estimated to drive the global uninhibited transformer oil market.
- Transformers are highly expensive and failure of these systems can result in economic losses during power interruptions. Beneficial characteristics of uninhibited transformer oil, such as higher oxidation stability and good heat transfer, are expected to drive the demand for the oil in the near future.
- Additionally, developing power transmission distribution infrastructure and rising industrial expenditure are expected to drive the uninhibited transformer oil market in the near future
Presence of inhibited transformer oil to hamper market
- Uninhibited transformer oil faces stiff competition from its counterparts such as inhibited transformer oil. Uninhibited oils contain natural inhibitors or synthetic inhibitors to a maximum concentration of 0.08% by weight. While, inhibited oils contain natural inhibitors or synthetic inhibitors to a maximum concentration of 0.4% by weight.
- Inhibited oils are more refined than uninhibited oils and hence, they have significantly low number of unstable molecules. Additionally, inhibited oils offer higher quality, high consistency, and good base oil composition, thereby resulting in exceptional performance including long oil life and hassle-free transformer operation.
Asia Pacific to hold major share of global uninhibited transformer oil market
- In terms of region, the global uninhibited transformer oil market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a major share of the global uninhibited transformer oil market, especially China and India. High market share held by the region is due to the expansion of electric networks coupled with increasing installation and upgrade of transformers across these regions, which in turn is expected to drive the demand for uninhibited transformer oil in the near future.
- Furthermore, rise in initiatives by governments across the region is expected to increase the drive the demand for uninhibited transformer oil. For instance, in 2015, the Government of India launched a scheme called Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (abbr. DDUGJY) to provide continuous power supply to rural India. The government plans to invest Rs 756 billion (US$ 11 billion) for rural electrification under this scheme.
- Additionally, countries across Middle East & Africa are primarily focused on making investments for power generation, which in turn is projected to propel the demand for uninhibited transformer oil in the region
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market here
Key players operating in the uninhibited transformer oil market
The global uninhibited transformer oil market is highly fragmented in nature, with top manufacturers accounting for a major share of the market. Key players operating in the uninhibited transformer oil market include:
- Chevron Corporation
- Nynas AB
- NANDAN PETROCHEM LTD.
- BP p.l.c. (Through its subsidiary Castrol Limited )
- Gandhar Oil Refinery (India) Limited
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
- Nynas AB
- GOC Petrochemicals Private Limited.
- ENGEN PETROLEUM LTD
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- ACE OEL
- Finnexx Energy Ghana Ltd
- Apar Industries Ltd
- Lodha Petro
- AvinOil S.A.
- ACCOR Lubrifiants
On May 10, 2017, Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. launched its first uninhibited transformer oil, which contains no additives, to provide superior protection to electrical equipment. This oil is primarily utilized in distribution and power transformers and switchgear.
Global Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market, by Application
- EHV / UHV Power
- Large Power
- Medium power
- Others (distribution, instrument, etc.)
- Circuit breakers
- Oil filled switches
- Others (X ray equipment’s, etc)
Global Uninhibited Transformer Oil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.