Transparent Resin Polymer Market: Introduction
- Transparent resin polymers are also called MBS resins. Transparent resin polymer is a ternary copolymer of methyl methacrylate, 1, 3-butadiene, and styrene.
- Transparent resin polymers are produced by bulk-suspension polymerization of styrene and methyl methacrylate in the presence of styrene-butadiene copolymer. The resultant mixture is then cooled in order to maintain the particle size.
- Transparent resin polymers are commonly added during the production of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), as an additive, in order to restore the impact resistance of PVC. Transparent resin polymers are also used for improving the processing performance of PVC-based products.
- Solubility and compatibility of transparent resin polymers is the same as that of PVC. Hence, these are extensively used as modifiers during the production of PVC products. In addition, the refractive index PVC is also similar to that of transparent resin polymers. Thus, blending of these polymeric resins with PVC does not affect transparency of PVC.
- Transparent resin polymers are extensively used in the manufacture of PVC-based pipes, sheets, and films. Characteristics of transparent resin polymers, such as excellent transparency and impact resistance, make them useful as a molding material in the production of household articles, electric appliances, etc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market
- Transparent resin polymers are primarily used for improving impact strength and processing performance of PVC products. These polymers are extensively employed in the manufacture of packaging and building & construction products.
- Growing focus on decreasing the level of carbon emissions coupled with increasing need for enhancing the fuel economy in order to reduce the vehicle weight is projected to drive the demand for PVC products in the automotive sector during the forecast period. High impact resistance and excellent blending ability of transparent resin polymers are likely to drive the demand for transparent resin polymers for use in the production of PVC products in the next few years.
- Rapid growth of automotive and building & construction industries across the globe is one of the major factors driving the global transparent resin polymer market. These polymers can be used in the production of pipes, films, sheets, and bottles also.
Increasing Regulations on Usage of PVC Products to Hamper Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market
- In the recent years, usage of PVC products has been slowly prohibited as chemicals dispensed from PVC and chlorinated plastic contaminate water, soil, and air. This has resulted in ban on manufacture, storage, import, sale, transport, and use of PVC goods. This, in turn, is expected to hamper the consumption of transparent resin polymers in the near future.
- However, due to lack of availability of alternative materials for PVC, it is still widely used in the production of bags and advertising materials
- In addition, transparent resin polymers are typically higher in price than other common monomers such as styrene acrylonitrile, polyethylene terephthalate, polystyrene, methyl methacrylate acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, and nitrile resins
- All these factors are expected to restrain the global transparent resin polymer market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market
- In terms of region, the global transparent resin polymer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific held a major share of the global transparent resin polymer market in 2018. This is attributable to increasing urbanization coupled with expanding middle-class population in the region, which has led to increase in the demand for basic housing facilities across developing countries including China, India, and Thailand. In addition, rising disposable income of the middle-class people has led to increase in the spending power of people. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for automobiles across Asia Pacific.
- Due to low cost, high tensile strength, and excellent wear resistance of PVC products, their usage has risen in building & construction, automotive, and packaging sectors. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global market for transparent resin polymers during the forecast period.
- The transparent resin polymer market in Europe and North America is expected to expand at a sluggish pace than that in Asia Pacific, owing to emergence of stringent regulations on the usage of PVC-based products in these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Research and development and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by top players operating in the global transparent resin polymer market.
Key players operating in the global transparent resin polymer market are:
- The Dow Chemical Company
- INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH
- Sundow Polymers Co., Ltd.
- KANEKA Belgium NV
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- Shandong Ruifeng Chemical Co., Ltd
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Shandong Rike Chemical Co., Ltd
- AIVIT GROUP
- WSD Chemical limited
- DRAGONCHEM LTD
Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market: Research Scope
Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market, by Application
- PVC Films & Sheets
- PVC Pipes & Fittings
- PVC Bottles
Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.