Transparent Resin Polymer Market: Introduction
- Transparent resin polymers are also called MBS resins. Transparent resin polymer is a ternary copolymer of methyl methacrylate, 1, 3-butadiene, and styrene.
- Transparent resin polymers are produced by bulk-suspension polymerization of styrene and methyl methacrylate in the presence of styrene-butadiene copolymer. The resultant mixture is then cooled in order to maintain the particle size.
- Transparent resin polymers are commonly added during the production of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), as an additive, in order to restore the impact resistance of PVC. Transparent resin polymers are also used for improving the processing performance of PVC-based products.
- Solubility and compatibility of transparent resin polymers is the same as that of PVC. Hence, these are extensively used as modifiers during the production of PVC products. In addition, the refractive index PVC is also similar to that of transparent resin polymers. Thus, blending of these polymeric resins with PVC does not affect transparency of PVC.
- Transparent resin polymers are extensively used in the manufacture of PVC-based pipes, sheets, and films. Characteristics of transparent resin polymers, such as excellent transparency and impact resistance, make them useful as a molding material in the production of household articles, electric appliances, etc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market
- Transparent resin polymers are primarily used for improving impact strength and processing performance of PVC products. These polymers are extensively employed in the manufacture of packaging and building & construction products.
- Growing focus on decreasing the level of carbon emissions coupled with increasing need for enhancing the fuel economy in order to reduce the vehicle weight is projected to drive the demand for PVC products in the automotive sector during the forecast period. High impact resistance and excellent blending ability of transparent resin polymers are likely to drive the demand for transparent resin polymers for use in the production of PVC products in the next few years.
- Rapid growth of automotive and building & construction industries across the globe is one of the major factors driving the global transparent resin polymer market. These polymers can be used in the production of pipes, films, sheets, and bottles also.
Increasing Regulations on Usage of PVC Products to Hamper Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market
- In the recent years, usage of PVC products has been slowly prohibited as chemicals dispensed from PVC and chlorinated plastic contaminate water, soil, and air. This has resulted in ban on manufacture, storage, import, sale, transport, and use of PVC goods. This, in turn, is expected to hamper the consumption of transparent resin polymers in the near future.
- However, due to lack of availability of alternative materials for PVC, it is still widely used in the production of bags and advertising materials
- In addition, transparent resin polymers are typically higher in price than other common monomers such as styrene acrylonitrile, polyethylene terephthalate, polystyrene, methyl methacrylate acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, and nitrile resins
- All these factors are expected to restrain the global transparent resin polymer market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market
- In terms of region, the global transparent resin polymer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific held a major share of the global transparent resin polymer market in 2018. This is attributable to increasing urbanization coupled with expanding middle-class population in the region, which has led to increase in the demand for basic housing facilities across developing countries including China, India, and Thailand. In addition, rising disposable income of the middle-class people has led to increase in the spending power of people. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for automobiles across Asia Pacific.
- Due to low cost, high tensile strength, and excellent wear resistance of PVC products, their usage has risen in building & construction, automotive, and packaging sectors. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global market for transparent resin polymers during the forecast period.
- The transparent resin polymer market in Europe and North America is expected to expand at a sluggish pace than that in Asia Pacific, owing to emergence of stringent regulations on the usage of PVC-based products in these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Research and development and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by top players operating in the global transparent resin polymer market.
Key players operating in the global transparent resin polymer market are:
- The Dow Chemical Company
- INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH
- Sundow Polymers Co., Ltd.
- KANEKA Belgium NV
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- Shandong Ruifeng Chemical Co., Ltd
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Shandong Rike Chemical Co., Ltd
- AIVIT GROUP
- WSD Chemical limited
- DRAGONCHEM LTD
Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market: Research Scope
Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market, by Application
- PVC Films & Sheets
- PVC Pipes & Fittings
- PVC Bottles
Global Transparent Resin Polymer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.