Global Time of Flight (ToF)/Range Imaging Camera Systems Market - Introduction
- Time of Flight (ToF) is a device used for measuring the distance between the camera and the subject for each point of the image and it works on the principle of light detection and ranging (LiDAR). ToF camera systems are embedded with accelerometer sensor, position sensor, acoustic sensor, and image sensor.
- Time of Flight (ToF) camera systems can be used in ranging applications such as to predict 3D structure linearly without using any computer vision, 3D reconstruction, robotic navigation, and human-machine interaction. With the growing integration of advanced technology, time of flight (ToF) camera systems are expected to deliver more accurate depth information at high frame rates at a low cost, thus driving the overall market growth. Time of flight (ToF) camera systems are now used in a variety of sectors including automotive, industrial, healthcare, smart advertising, gaming, and entertainment.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Time of Flight (ToF)/Range Imaging Camera Systems Market – Dynamics
Growing demand for 3D enabled devices and sensing technology
- Increasing demand for 3D enabled devices in consumer electronics and growing concerns about security & surveillance are driving the time of flight (ToF)/range imaging camera systems market.
- Growing use of sensing technology in gaming industry is enhancing the customer experience which is helping the market to grow. Additionally, integration of optical and electronic components in time of flight (ToF)/range imaging camera systems will drive the market in future.
Expensive maintenance and complex interface integration in different devices
- Increasing use of advanced technology is making time of flight (ToF) camera systems more advanced. Additionally, they are equipped with advanced sensors and electronic components. However, factors such as expensive maintenance and complexity in integration are hindering the growth of the time of flight (ToF)/range imaging camera systems market.
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Time of Flight (ToF)/Range Imaging Camera Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global time of flight (ToF)/range imaging camera systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global time of flight (ToF)/range imaging camera systems market during the forecast period, as the region has high capability in advanced technologies.
- On the other hand, Europe and Asia Pacific are expected to be fast expanding regions of the global time of flight (ToF)/range imaging camera systems market due to an increasing customer base and growing digitization.
Global Time of Flight (ToF)/Range Imaging Camera Systems Market - Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
Microsoft Corporation (Canesta)
- Founded in 1975, Microsoft Corporation has its headquarters in Redmond, Washington, U.S. The company develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions worldwide. It offers Office, SharePoint, Office 365 security, and Skype for different businesses. Additionally, it offers outlook.com and OneDrive. Microsoft acquired Canesta, which manufactures CMOS-based single chip 3D sensors used in time of flight (ToF)/range imaging camera systems.
Sony Depthsensing Solutions
- Incorporated in 2010, Sony Depthsensing Solutions is located in Brussels, Belgium. The company offers products and services in gesture recognition, time of flight (ToF), human tracking, semiconductors, 3D vision, augmented reality, and virtual reality. Moreover, it provides extensive applications to the mobile, automotive, gaming, and robotics industry.
Rockwell Automation, Inc., (Odos Imaging)
- Founded in 1903, Rockwell Automation, Inc is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The U.S based company provides information and industrial automation solutions worldwide. It operates its business through two segments: control products & solutions, and architecture & software. In 2017, Rockwell Automation, Inc., acquired Odos Imaging to leverage 3-D time of flight (ToF) technology for sensing and safety applications.
Other prominent players operating in the time of flight (ToF)/range imaging camera systems market are:
- PMD Technologies AG
- Advanced Scientific Concepts, Inc
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Teledyne Technologies, Inc
- LMI Technologies Inc.
- ams AG
Global Time of Flight (ToF)/Range Imaging Camera Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Time of Flight (ToF)/Range Imaging Camera Systems Market, by Product Type
- CMOS Time-of-flight Camera
- CCD Time-of-flight Camera
Global Time of Flight (ToF)/Range Imaging Camera Systems Market, by Industry
- Consumer electronics
- Military & Defense
- Other (Gaming and Robotics)
Global Time of Flight (ToF)/Range Imaging Camera Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Time of Flight (ToF) Camera Phone
- Time of Flight (ToF) Range-Imaging Cameras
- Time of Flight (ToF) and Structured Light Depth Cameras
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.