Spray Drying Equipment Market: Introduction
- Spray drying equipment helps to produce a dry powder from a liquid by rapidly drying with a hot gas. Spray drying is the preferred technology of drying for many thermally-sensitive materials such as pharmaceuticals and food, or materials which may require extremely consistent, fine, particle size. All spray dryers use some type of spray nozzle or atomizer to disperse the liquid or slurry into a controlled drop size spray.
Key Drivers of the Global Spray Drying Equipment Market
- Growing population is one of the major drivers boosting the food and beverage industry. Rapid changes in lifestyle of consumers and increasing disposable income are also fuelling the growth of the food & beverages industry. This, in turn, is boosting the usage of spray drying equipment in the global market. Growing consumption of ready-to-eat (RTE) foods saves time and energy of consumers as it does not require any elaborate processing. Thus, processed food manufacturers prefer spray drying technologies and this is expected to fuel the growth of the market throughout the forecast period.
- Spray drying is one of the most remarkable technologies to be applied in the pharmaceutical industry. It is a continuous process that converts a liquid feed into a powder in a single step and is an ideal process when precise attributes such as particle size, morphology, and stability are required. This is subsequently contributing to the growth of the spray drying equipment market.
Factor Restraining the Global Spray Drying Equipment Market
- High initial cost and maintenance are restraining factors which may hinder the growth of the spray drying equipment market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global spray drying equipment market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the spray drying equipment market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the spray drying equipment market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America spray drying equipment market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global spray drying equipment market due to the presence of a large and expanding food & beverage industry. Large spending capacity of the population with high standard of living helps to drive high consumption levels and growing consumption of ready-to-eat (RTE) foods, which has led to the increasing integration of spray drying process in the food industry, subsequently driving the growth of the spray drying equipment market in North America.
- The spray drying equipment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to the growing pharmaceutical industry in the region. Growing population, and rapid industrialization & urbanization influences the food and pharmaceutical industries in Asia Pacific, which has hugely driven the integration of spray drying equipment. This is expected to contribute to the growth of the spray drying equipment market in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies in the spray drying equipment market are focusing on developing innovative and quality products to gain the attention of customers, which will help in enhancing their competitive advantage and subsequently increase their market share. Companies are strengthening their product portfolio due to the changing preference for advanced products, and the prevailing competition. Developing products with a robust design and the capacity to produce large amount of dry powders from a liquid are anticipated to create lucrative opportunities to the spray drying equipment market. Growing competition gives force to market players to focus on introducing advanced products.
A few of the key players operating in the global spray drying equipment market are:
- Advanced Drying Systems
- BUCHI India Pvt Ltd
- Carrier® Vibrating Equipment, Inc.
- Dedert Corporation
- European SprayDry Technologies
- Freund-Vector Corporation
- Labplant UK
- SHANDONG TIANLI ENERGY CO., LTD.
- Tetra-Pak India Private Limited
- Yamato Scientific America Inc.
Global Spray Drying Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Spray Drying Equipment Market, by Type
- Rotary Atomizer Spray Dryer
- Nozzle Atomizer Spray Dryer
- Fluidized Spray Dryer
- Closed Loop Spray Dryer
- Centrifugal Spray Dryer
- Others (Fluidized, etc.)
Global Spray Drying Equipment Market, by Flow Type
- Counter Current
Global Spray Drying Equipment Market, by End-use
- Food & Beverage
- Others (Nutraceutical, etc.)
Global Spray Drying Equipment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
Global Spray Drying Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global spray drying equipment market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!