Solar-based Water Disinfection Market: Overview
- Solar-based water disinfection is a type of portable water purifier that utilizes solar energy to make biologically contaminated water safe to drink. Solar-based water disinfection is a low-cost technique used by more than 6 million people across the globe to disinfect non-potable water.
- Solar-based water disinfection is largely used in rural communities, as most of these communities either face a large number of power outages or do not have power grid support. Use of solar water disinfection eliminates the need to use other power-generating sources and helps reduce pollution.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Solar-based Water Disinfection Market
- Increase in the demand for safe drinking water led by rise in the incidence of water-borne diseases, such as amoebic and bacillary dysentery, hepatitis A, typhoid, cholera, and diarrhea, is expected to drive the global solar-based water disinfection market during forecast period. Solar-based water disinfection can reduce the risk of developing diarrheal diseases by 9%–86%. Solar-based water disinfection utilizes solar radiations to kill microorganisms causing water-borne diseases and thereby, improves the quality of drinking water.
- Surge in the demand for reliable, cost-effective, and eco-friendly solutions to purify water in residential buildings is also likely to fuel the global solar-based water disinfection market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in investments in residential construction and growing awareness about effective utilization of sustainable technologies are some of the key factors expected to augment the global market during the forecast period.
- Lack of awareness about waterborne diseases, primarily in Asia Pacific and Africa, is anticipated to hamper the market in these regions during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Residential End-user Segment Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Market
- The global solar-based water disinfection market can be segmented-based on end-user and region
- In terms of end-user, the global solar-based water disinfection market can be divided into residential and small commercial. Residential is the major end-user segment of the global solar-based water disinfection market. Increase in the demand for portable water purifier systems is expected to boost the global solar-based water disinfection market during the forecast period. The small commercial segment comprises schools, hospitals, and communities. Increase in investments in the development of small commercial buildings is likely to create growth opportunities for the segment during the forecast period.
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Solar-based Water Disinfection Market
- In terms of region, the global solar-based water disinfection market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe held a major share of the global solar-based water disinfection market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to introduction of various norms regarding energy efficiency and significant investments in the renewable energy sector in the region.
- The solar-based water disinfection market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, due to increase in efforts by regulators to reduce the rate of incidence of water-borne diseases in the region. Moreover, growing population and lack of water purification infrastructure, especially in remote areas of the region, is also anticipated to fuel the market in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027.
- The solar-based water disinfection market in North America is projected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period, due to increase in the demand for eco-friendly, cost-effective, and energy-efficient portable water purifiers in the region
- The solar-based water disinfection market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. These regions have less number of drinking water resources and hence, these regions are making significant investments in solar-power-operated desalination and purification plants.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global solar-based water disinfection market are:
- Innovative Water Technologies
- Evaquoa Water Technologies LLC
- Trunz Water Systems
Global Solar-based Water Disinfection Market: Research Scope
Global Solar-based Water Disinfection Market, by End-user
- Small Commercial
Global Solar-based Water Disinfection Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.