Solar Shade Curtain System
- Solar shade curtain system is an attractive window treatment option for windows in rooms that are exposed to the sun
- Solar shade curtain system helps reduce glare, protect against harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, and prevent fading of carpets, furniture, and household surfaces from the sun
- Solar shade curtains provide increased privacy and reduce the overall energy consumption. This helps save upon energy bills.
- Solar shade curtain systems are automated or can be operated manually. Demand for automated solar shade curtain systems has been rising. It is high in the commercial sector due to the increase in number of glass fitted buildings.
Key Drivers of Global Solar Shade Curtain System Market
- Demand for solar shade curtain system has been rising owing to growth in urbanization and globalization. The usage of solar shade curtain system can help reduce energy costs by at least 15%, thereby enabling efficient energy consumption.
- Increase in awareness about these systems among the public and rise in energy consumption are anticipated to boost the demand of solar shade curtain system across the globe
- On October 9, 2020, Interior Specialties installed solar shades at a new hospital in The Villages, the fastest growing metro area in the U.S. The company installed Mecho roller shades on all exterior windows in the medical facility. It also installed a radius display of motorized shades that stretches over two stories. These are controlled by the receptionist in the hospital area.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Solar Shade Curtain System Market
- Based on region, the global solar shade curtain system market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global solar shade curtain system market in 2019, owing to high demand for solar shades in the region. Rise in investments in residential and commercial construction sectors is likely to boost the demand for solar shade curtain systems in the region. The U.S. held major share of the market in North America in 2019.
- Europe is also estimated to account for key share of the global solar shade curtain system market during the forecast period. Demand for solar shade curtain systems is high in the Nordic sub-region due the climatic conditions. The sub-region has been focusing on energy intensive strategies to reduce energy consumption. This, in turn, would help lower carbon emissions.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly attractive region of the global solar shade curtain system market during the forecast period, owing to rise in globalization and urbanization. Investments in the construction sector have been rising at a rapid pace in countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Middle East & Africa region is expected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. The temperature in the region is high and the use of solar shade helps maintain temperature.
- The market in Latin America is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period owing to less infrastructural development in the region
Key Players Operating in Market
Major players operating in the global solar shade curtain system market include:
- ROYAL SOLSKJERMING AS
- Wallners Persienn & Markis
- ANWIS Sp. z o.o.
- Bodø Markise & Persiennefabrikk AS
- Glasscon GmbH
- Duco Ventilation & Sun Control
- Interior Specialties Hunter Douglas
- WAREMA Renkhoff SE
- Lutron Electronics Co., Inc
Global Solar Shade Curtain System Market: Research Scope
Global Solar Shade Curtain System Market, by Product
Global Solar Shade Curtain System Market, by Operation
Global Solar Shade Curtain System Market, by End-user
Global Solar Shade Curtain System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!