Sodium Myreth Sulfate: Introduction
- Sodium myreth sulfate is the sodium salt of sulfated, ethoxylated myristyl alcohol that is used as a surfactant and cleansing agent in cosmetics at various concentration levels.
- Sodium myreth sulfate is primarily employed in the production of personal care products such as soaps, shampoos, and toothpastes. It is also used as a foaming agent, as it is less expensive as compared to other foaming agents used in different industries.
- It is especially suited for mild cleansing and cosmetic preparations, such as baby shampoos and shower gels, baby bubble baths, and personal hygiene products, owing to its favorable dermatological properties
Key Drivers and Restraints of Sodium Myreth Sulfate Market
- One of the major factors driving the market is the rise in demand for detergents and cleaning products. Application for detergents and cleaners dominates the global sodium myreth sulfate market.
- Rise in demand for personal care products in the personal care industry has boosted the demand for the sodium myreth sulfate. In line with this, increase in demand for industrial cleaners is anticipated to act as a key factor propelling the sodium myreth sulfate market during the forecast period. However, various health-related issues associated with sodium myreth sulfate along with the environmental impact are likely to adversely impact the global market.
Sodium Myreth Sulfate: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global sodium myreth sulfate can be divided into detergents & cleaners, personal care, industrial cleaners, and others
- Demand for detergents and cleaners is rising significantly in various countries across the globe due to the growth in population. Sodium myreth sulfate is one of the common active ingredients in laundry detergents. It is an organic compound with detergent and surfactant properties. When used in the form of detergents, it offers advantages such as strong cleansing power and high foam production at low production cost.
- Increase in focus on safe food storage, rise in need for disinfection of household surfaces, and requirement of hygienic garbage disposal are expected to drive the demand for sodium myreth sulfate during the forecast period
- Demand for laundry detergents is increasing at a rapid pace across the world owing to the rise in prominence of e-commerce and growth in penetration of washing machines in developing economies
- The personal care industry has been expanding at a steady pace of late, owing to the increase in focus on grooming among people and rise in shelf space in retail stores and boutiques in various countries across the globe
COVID-19 Impact on Sodium Myreth Sulfate Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to the recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the construction sodium myreth sulfate.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Sodium Myreth Sulfate Market
- In terms of region, the sodium myreth sulfate can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global sodium myreth sulfate, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period. Rise in demand for detergents, personal care products, and industrial cleaners in China, Japan, and India is estimated to create lucrative opportunities for the sodium myreth sulfate market. This is expected to boost the sodium myreth sulfate market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Growth in private investments in developing economies in Asia Pacific, such as Indonesia and Vietnam, is a major factor anticipated to drive the market in the region during the forecast period
- Government programs, such as the Swachh Bharat Mission in India, aimed at increasing people's awareness of hygiene are projected to have a positive impact on the market for detergents and cleaning products, thereby boosting the sodium myreth sulfate in the country
- The sodium myreth sulfate market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future. Sodium myreth sulfate is imported into countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and South Africa due to limited presence of manufacturing companies in these countries. Increase in government expenditure on the construction of development projects and public infrastructure is likely to drive the demand for sodium myreth sulfate in these regions in the next few years.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Sodium Myreth Sulfate Market
The sodium myreth sulfate market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the sodium myreth sulfate include:
- Guangzhou Huiyuan Green Chemicals Limited
- Enaspol a.s.
- BASF SE
- Chemtex Speciality Limited
- ATAMAN Kimaya A, S.
Sodium Myreth Sulfate Market: Research Scope
Sodium Myreth Sulfate Market, by End-use
- Detergents & Cleaners
- Personal Care
- Industrial Cleaners
Global Sodium Myreth Sulfate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.