Smart Physical Safety Market - Introduction
- Smart physical safety systems are the safeguards of life & property. These systems include video surveillance software, IP cameras, and access control systems that provide greater convenience and flexibility to consumers. These systems have specific security advantages such as monitoring activities in residential or commercial areas, keeping records for information, and empowering countries against external threats & terrorism at different locations.
- Smart physical safety systems are deployed in various applications including transportation, healthcare, energy & utility, defense, government, telecommunication, BFSI, and the industrial, residential, and commercial sector.
Growing demand for system integration services driving the smart physical safety market
- System integration services play a very significant role in enabling allied organizations & public safety agencies to adopt novel technologies to make the environment secure and safe. System integrated services help to empower public organizations to integrate their operational management with the help of smart surveillance systems and access control systems. These services offer a secure & transparent public safety environment to protect people from natural and physical emergencies. Additionally, integrated service providers help organizations to advance a connected environment with the help of integrated IoT devices and solutions coupled with their prevailing IT infrastructure. Therefore, rapid adoption of system integration services is positively impacting the overall growth of the smart physical safety market worldwide.
High cost of smart security solutions restraining the growth of the market
- Cost of smart physical safety systems is still high despite the increasing installation of these systems across the globe. These smart security systems require more frequent maintenance along with a monitoring subscription fee, consequently leading to the higher cost of these devices. As a result, high cost of smart physical safety systems is significantly hampering the market growth. However, manufacturers are focusing on providing integrated smart security solutions with novel technologies that is likely to overcome these problems in future.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report brochure here
North America to hold major share of global smart physical safety market
- In terms of region, the global smart physical safety market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global smart physical safety market during the forecast period, as the region is witnessing the emergence of IoT and wireless technologies
- On the other hand, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace, due to increasing “Smart City” initiatives by governments, specifically in China and India, in the region
Smart Physical Safety Market - Competitive Landscape
- In February 2017, Ericsson introduced its new security solution “Ericsson Security Manager,” that helped to enable security orchestration for the entire ICT domain. The new security manager easily supports enterprises, telco cloud operations, physical & virtual networks, and digital support solutions. Additionally, the smart security manager can detect vulnerabilities, threats, and leverage real-time security analytics.
- In September 2016, Hitachi introduced video management platform (VMP) models which has supported physical security application as well as supporting workplace safety. This video management platform comprises virtualized compute & storage that are fully integrated. Additionally, these new video management platform models are specifically optimized for enterprise video security & monitoring environments and also support video analytics.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
- NEC Corporation
Founded in 1899 and located in Tokyo, Japan, NEC Corporation majorly operates its business through four segments that includes system platform, public, telecom carrier, and enterprise. The company’s software products comprise security & database software, application servers, and integrated operation management. NEC Corporation provides its hardware, software, and services to governmental agencies, public institutions, local governments, financial institutions, telecom carriers, and other organizations.
- Hitachi Ltd.
Founded in 1910 and based in Tokyo, Japan, Hitachi Ltd. operates its business through six segments: information & telecommunication systems, social infrastructure & industrial systems, electronic systems & equipment, construction machinery, high functional materials & components, and automotive systems. The company provides physical security solutions that include access control systems and video surveillance systems.
- Cisco Systems Inc.,
Founded in 1984, Cisco Systems Inc. is an American company that designs and manufactures internet protocol (IP)-based networking and other products associated with the information technology (IT) industry. The company also provides connected safety & security solutions that include video surveillance software, IP cameras, access control systems, and other solutions across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa.
- IBM Corporation
Founded in 1911 and headquartered in New York, the U.S. IBM Corporation is specialized in integrated technology and services worldwide. The company provides various solutions for physical security, secure connectivity, and network isolation & protection. It has over 380,000 employees across more than 170 countries worldwide. Additionally, the company has over 3000 researchers and approximately 12 laboratories across six continents worldwide.
- Axis Communications AB
Founded in 1984 and located in Sweden, Axis Communications majorly provides software and services for document management, remote monitoring, and security surveillance. The company’s product portfolio includes access control systems, network video solutions, cameras & encoders, and many other products. The company has its presence across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa.
Some of the other prominent players in the smart physical safety market include:
- Harris Corporation
- Tibbo Systems
- Johnson Controls International Plc
- Siemens AG
Global Smart Physical Safety Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Physical Safety Market, by Solutions
- Surveillance Systems
- Access Control Systems
- IP Interoperability and Collaboration Systems
Global Smart Physical Safety Market, by Services
- Support and Maintenance Services
- Consulting Services
- System Integration Services
Global Smart Physical Safety Market, by Application
- Energy & Utility
Global Smart Physical Safety Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Connected Physical Safety
- Smart Surveillance Systems
- Integrated Smart Security Solutions
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.