Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market: Introduction
- Integrating smart technology with medical imaging devices to detect various diseases by monitoring vital signs are known as smart imaging devices. These types of medical devices can collect invaluable additional data, provide extra insight into symptoms and trends, enable remote care, and offer patients more control over their lives and treatment.
- Internet-connected medical imaging devices monitor and diagnose patients in various ways. Companies are continuously investing in R&D to develop and launch new products with advanced technologies.
- In 2018, Koninklijke Philips N.V. and Innovative Imaging Technologies (ITT) announced the development of their new product “tele-ultrasound” to allow clinicians to conduct two-way audio-video calls while streaming live ultrasound imaging. The tele-ultrasound system can be used by a smartphone or similar device. On a call, users have the option to speak directly with the physician by using the face camera, show the position of the ultrasound probe using the front-facing camera, or switch to a live stream of the ultrasound that both can view simultaneously.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market
- Continuous advancement in medical technology is driving the global smart medical imaging solutions market growth. The concept of connecting and monitoring medical imaging equipment via remote servers over the Internet offers various advantages. This remote connectivity has also allowed vendors to gain tremendous efficiencies in their maintenance and support functions by moving from an after-the-fact, break-and-fix service model to a proactive, preventative service model. Medical data can also be accessed from remote area for further diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
- Major factor restraining the smart medical imaging solutions market growth is high deployment cost of connected medical devices and associated infrastructure
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Modality Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on modality, the global smart medical imaging solutions market can be segmented into ultrasound, X-ray radiography, computed tomography, fluoroscopy & C arms, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and others
- Among modalities, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) segment held the maximum share in 2018. The high growth of this modality segment can be attributed to the growing demand for early and accurate diagnosis, high adoption of MRI systems by hospitals and diagnostic centers across the globe, and advancements in technology.
- Companies are also developing new technologies and products in all modality segments. In 2018, Esaote SPA launched Smart and Fast Ultrasound Systems for making better, faster, and more reliable decisions even during difficult situations.
General Imaging Application Segment to Witness Steady Growth
- Based on application, the global smart medical imaging solutions market can be divided into: cardiology, general imaging, vascular, oncology, neurology, and others
- General imaging application segment will grow at a steady pace during the forecast period. In October 2019, Turner Imaging Systems received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Smart-C Mini-C Arm Portable Fluoroscopy and X-Ray Imaging Device.
- Neurology segment held the maximum share of the global smart medical imaging solutions market in 2018. Rising cases of neuro diseases and advancements in diagnosis of these diseases are factors driving the neurology segment.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market Report
Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global smart medical imaging solutions market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for the largest share of the global smart medical imaging solutions market in 2018. However, this market in Asia Pacific market is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period primarily due to the improving health care infrastructure, rising investments in diagnostic imaging, improving reimbursement policies, and growing insurance coverage in several APAC countries.
- Growth of the smart medical imaging solutions market in North America is majorly due to the rise in geriatric population and associated diseases, easy accessibility to diagnostic imaging modalities, and technological advancements
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global smart medical imaging solutions market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- Siemens Healthineers
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Esaote SPA
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation
- Turner Imaging Systems
- Infinitt Healthcare Co, Ltd
Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market: Research Scope
Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market, by Modality
- X-ray Radiography
- Computed Tomography
- Fluoroscopy & C Arms
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market, by Application
- General Imaging
Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market, by Connectivity
Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
Smart Medical Imaging Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.