Silicone Tapes Market: Introduction
- Silicone tapes are made from cured silicone rubber and a thin layer of silicone gel. This layer makes these tapes self-fusing, thereby forming a permanent bond with the substrate. These tapes are also called self-amalgamating tapes or silicone gel tapes.
- Silicone gel in silicone tapes contains a small amount of polydimethylsiloxane, which has zinc oxide as a constituent. Zinc oxide acts as an ultraviolet radiation inhibitor. Owing to this property, silicone tapes are commonly resistant to ultraviolet radiation. This is also likely to reduce the rate of deterioration of silicone tapes.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Silicone Tapes Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Global Silicone Tapes Market
- Increasing population, growing elderly population, and rising prevalence of chronic diseases are projected to augment the global medical industry during the forecast period
- Various factors such as government support, rapid economic growth, and availability of raw materials and inexpensive labor are fueling the silicone tapes market across the globe
- A majority of adhesive tapes used in anesthesia practice are acrylate-based adhesive tapes, which have weak adhesive force and less breathability. This has led to increase in research and development of new adhesive tapes. This, in turn, has led to the development of silicone tapes with properties such as low surface tension
- A silicone tape is a kind of adhesive tape produced in order to withstand the impact of moisture, acids, fuels, solvents, and soldering splashes. These tapes are efficient in terms of adherence. Hence, they are widely used in order to adhere medical equipment, such as catheters and prosthetic devices, to the body.
- In addition, silicone tapes function by decreasing the skin damage on patients, who have delicate skin and decreasing the skin damage at the time of tape and dressing removal.
Medical and Automotive Segment to Withstand Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global silicone tapes market can be segmented into aerospace & defense, building & construction, medical, chemical & material, and others
- Prominent attributes of silicone tapes are high dielectric strength, ozone resistance, stability at high and low temperatures, and moisture resistance. These characteristics make them an ideal material for use in the medical sector.
- Rise in consciousness about health and increase in government funding for the health care sector are major factors driving the demand for silicone tapes market across the globe. Silicone tapes are extensively used in dialysis centers, emergency rooms, intensive care units, operating rooms, radiology rooms, urgent care units, and wound care units.
- Use of silicone tapes as solvents is gaining momentum in the global electronics industry. They are used to provide insulation in an electric system and as an overwrap for protecting high-voltage cables from tracking. Additionally, these tapes have outstanding weathering characteristics and they offer excellent resistance to ozone and arcs.
- Rise in research activities and growth of shift toward electric vehicles led by increase in stringent regulations on emissions are expected to drive the demand for electric vehicles in the near future. This, in turn, is expected to create immense opportunities for manufacturers of silicone tapes, as they are used as a battery weather wrap in order to prevent corrosive buildup on battery terminals.
Asia Pacific to hold a Leading Share of Global Silicone Tapes Market
- In terms of region, the global silicone tapes market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of silicone tapes, followed by North America and Europe. Increase in foreign direct investments (FDIs) in the medical industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is likely to fuel the silicone tapes market in the region during the forecast period. Additionally, the rising role of governments in the health care sector and increasing number of multispecialty hospitals across the Asia pacific region are expected to drive the demand for silicone tapes in the region in the next few years.
- North America and Europe, being developed regions, are primarily engaged in increasing research and development activities in order to improve the existing properties of silicone tapes
- Rising imports of silicone tapes in Latin America and Middle East & Africa led by their stability at low temperatures and resistance to moisture are expected to boost the silicone tapes market in the two regions during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Silicone Tapes Market here
Key Players Operating in Global Silicone Tapes Market:
The global silicone tapes market is fragmented in nature, with the presence of few big manufacturers hold the significant share in the market. Manufacturers operating in the market are primarily engaged in mergers and acquisitions (M&A’s) and new product launches in order to gain higher market share. Key players operating in the global silicone tapes market are:
- 3M Company
- Midsun Specialty Products
- Scapa Group PLC
- Teraoka Seisakusho Co., Ltd.
- Seal IT Services Limited
- Engineering Adhesives & Lubricants (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Harbor Products, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Rex Sealing & Packing Industries Pvt. Ltd
- Solar Plus Company
- Custom Adhesive Products, LLC
- Freudenberg Simrit GmbH & Co. KG.
- Specialty Tapes
In May 2016, Seal IT Services Limited, a subsidiary of Astral Poly Technik Ltd. entered the U.S. market by acquiring the silicone tapes business of Rowe Industries Inc., USA for US$ 3.25 Mn.
Global Silicone Tapes Market: Research Scope
Global Silicone Tapes Market, by Type
- Inorganic Silicone Tapes
- Organic Silicone Tapes
Global Silicone Tapes Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Building & Construction
- Chemical & Material
Global Silicone Tapes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.