Silicone Tapes Market: Introduction
- Silicone tapes are made from cured silicone rubber and a thin layer of silicone gel. This layer makes these tapes self-fusing, thereby forming a permanent bond with the substrate. These tapes are also called self-amalgamating tapes or silicone gel tapes.
- Silicone gel in silicone tapes contains a small amount of polydimethylsiloxane, which has zinc oxide as a constituent. Zinc oxide acts as an ultraviolet radiation inhibitor. Owing to this property, silicone tapes are commonly resistant to ultraviolet radiation. This is also likely to reduce the rate of deterioration of silicone tapes.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Silicone Tapes Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Global Silicone Tapes Market
- Increasing population, growing elderly population, and rising prevalence of chronic diseases are projected to augment the global medical industry during the forecast period
- Various factors such as government support, rapid economic growth, and availability of raw materials and inexpensive labor are fueling the silicone tapes market across the globe
- A majority of adhesive tapes used in anesthesia practice are acrylate-based adhesive tapes, which have weak adhesive force and less breathability. This has led to increase in research and development of new adhesive tapes. This, in turn, has led to the development of silicone tapes with properties such as low surface tension
- A silicone tape is a kind of adhesive tape produced in order to withstand the impact of moisture, acids, fuels, solvents, and soldering splashes. These tapes are efficient in terms of adherence. Hence, they are widely used in order to adhere medical equipment, such as catheters and prosthetic devices, to the body.
- In addition, silicone tapes function by decreasing the skin damage on patients, who have delicate skin and decreasing the skin damage at the time of tape and dressing removal.
Medical and Automotive Segment to Withstand Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global silicone tapes market can be segmented into aerospace & defense, building & construction, medical, chemical & material, and others
- Prominent attributes of silicone tapes are high dielectric strength, ozone resistance, stability at high and low temperatures, and moisture resistance. These characteristics make them an ideal material for use in the medical sector.
- Rise in consciousness about health and increase in government funding for the health care sector are major factors driving the demand for silicone tapes market across the globe. Silicone tapes are extensively used in dialysis centers, emergency rooms, intensive care units, operating rooms, radiology rooms, urgent care units, and wound care units.
- Use of silicone tapes as solvents is gaining momentum in the global electronics industry. They are used to provide insulation in an electric system and as an overwrap for protecting high-voltage cables from tracking. Additionally, these tapes have outstanding weathering characteristics and they offer excellent resistance to ozone and arcs.
- Rise in research activities and growth of shift toward electric vehicles led by increase in stringent regulations on emissions are expected to drive the demand for electric vehicles in the near future. This, in turn, is expected to create immense opportunities for manufacturers of silicone tapes, as they are used as a battery weather wrap in order to prevent corrosive buildup on battery terminals.
Asia Pacific to hold a Leading Share of Global Silicone Tapes Market
- In terms of region, the global silicone tapes market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of silicone tapes, followed by North America and Europe. Increase in foreign direct investments (FDIs) in the medical industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is likely to fuel the silicone tapes market in the region during the forecast period. Additionally, the rising role of governments in the health care sector and increasing number of multispecialty hospitals across the Asia pacific region are expected to drive the demand for silicone tapes in the region in the next few years.
- North America and Europe, being developed regions, are primarily engaged in increasing research and development activities in order to improve the existing properties of silicone tapes
- Rising imports of silicone tapes in Latin America and Middle East & Africa led by their stability at low temperatures and resistance to moisture are expected to boost the silicone tapes market in the two regions during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Silicone Tapes Market here
Key Players Operating in Global Silicone Tapes Market:
The global silicone tapes market is fragmented in nature, with the presence of few big manufacturers hold the significant share in the market. Manufacturers operating in the market are primarily engaged in mergers and acquisitions (M&A’s) and new product launches in order to gain higher market share. Key players operating in the global silicone tapes market are:
- 3M Company
- Midsun Specialty Products
- Scapa Group PLC
- Teraoka Seisakusho Co., Ltd.
- Seal IT Services Limited
- Engineering Adhesives & Lubricants (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Harbor Products, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Rex Sealing & Packing Industries Pvt. Ltd
- Solar Plus Company
- Custom Adhesive Products, LLC
- Freudenberg Simrit GmbH & Co. KG.
- Specialty Tapes
In May 2016, Seal IT Services Limited, a subsidiary of Astral Poly Technik Ltd. entered the U.S. market by acquiring the silicone tapes business of Rowe Industries Inc., USA for US$ 3.25 Mn.
Global Silicone Tapes Market: Research Scope
Global Silicone Tapes Market, by Type
- Inorganic Silicone Tapes
- Organic Silicone Tapes
Global Silicone Tapes Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Building & Construction
- Chemical & Material
Global Silicone Tapes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.