Silicon potting compound: Introduction
- Silicon potting compound is widely used in the electronics industry, as it is used to protect electronic components from the surrounding environment. Silicon potting compound insulates the electronic device and protects it from moisture.
- Silicone potting compound has excellent electrical property; performs correctly under a wide temperature range; possesses good chemical, humidity, & water resistance properties;, and it is easy to use
- Rise in demand for shield sensitive components from various industries such as automotive, computing, communications, is expected to boost the market silicon potting compound market
- Demand for silicone potting compounds is estimated to increase in the near future, owing to the expansion of the electronics industry
- Thermosetting plastics, epoxy, polyurethane, and silicon rubber gels are commonly utilized as silicone potting compounds. These compounds can be applied to power transformers, circuit boards, relays, amplifiers, coils equipment; and can be used across various industries such as electronics, aerospace, automotive, energy, marine, and solar power.
- Development of ultraviolet (UV)-cured silicone potting compounds is also driving the silicon potting compound market. These compounds offer good insulation properties, bond strength, and lower energy consumption.
Silicon Potting Compound Market: Segments
- The silicon potting compound market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- Based on type, the silicon potting compound market can be bifurcated into UV and Thermal
- In terms of application, the global silicon potting compound market can be segregated into electronics, aerospace, automotive, industrial, others
COVID-19 Impact on Silicon Potting Compound Market
Emergence of the new COVID strain in several developed and developing countries has adversely affected the electronics industry. Shutdown in various countries across the globe has prohibited import of various components including raw materials required in the production of silicon potting compounds.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- China is the major exporter of silicon and silica, which are raw materials for silicon potting compounds. Transportation restrictions imposed because of COVID-19 outbreak led to reduced factory output, and thus hampered the silicon potting compound market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Silicon Potting Compound Market
- In terms of geography, the global silicon potting compound market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of region, countries such as China, India, Japan, South Korea and Malaysia are leading the silicon potting compound market in Asia Pacific due to an increase in use of silicon potting compound in electrical and electronic appliances. Rapid expansion of industries in Asia Pacific is fueling the demand for silicon potting compounds in electronics and electrical applications.
- China plays a very important role in driving the silicon potting compound market, as it is the world’s largest market for electronics
- North America is an emerging region of the global silicon potting compound market. Increasing industrialization and improvement in disposable income are key reasons propelling the silicon potting compound market in the region
- The silicon potting market in Europe, particularly in countries such as the U.K., Germany, and France, has been expanding significantly due to rapid industrialization
- Demand for silicon potting compound is expected to increase in Latin America and Middle East & Africa in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in Silicon Potting Compound Market
Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global silicon potting compound market include:
- Henkel, Dow Corning
- Novagard Solutions
- Master Bond
- MG Chemicals
- Dymax Corporation
- Noelle Industries
- Elkem ASA
- Robnor ResinLab Ltd
- Huntsman International LLC.
Global Silicon Potting Compound Market: Research Scope
Global Silicon Potting Compound Market, by Type
Global Silicon Potting Compound Market, by Application
Global Silicon Potting Compound Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.