Silicon Carbide Coating: Introduction
- Silicon carbide is a compound of silicon and carbon with chemical formula SiC. It has high corrosion and heat resistance properties as well as excellent thermal conductivity. SiC coated graphite is widely used in high-temperature/high-voltage semiconductor electronics.
- Silicon carbide is primarily used in high temperature applications. Silicon carbide is anticipated to be used as a semiconductor in the near future in various semiconductor electronics devices. Hence, growth of semiconductor and electronics industries is estimated to drive the silicon carbide market throughout the forecast period.
- Demand for silicon carbide is high in health care treatments. It is used for radiations in several detectors. Rise in demand for silicon carbide in the health care sector is expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- Growth of the global automotive industry is creating lucrative opportunities for the silicon carbide market. Silicon carbide is likely to eventually replace pure silicon due to the increase in substitution of pure silicon technology. Therefore, consumption of silicon carbide is expected to increase in the near future.
Silicon Carbide Coating Market: Segments
- The silicon carbide coating market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- Based on type, the silicon carbide coating market can be divided into PVD, CVD, and thermal spray
- In terms of application, the global silicon carbide coating market can be classified into automotive, aerospace & defense, electrical & electronics, medical & health care, and others
COVID-19 Impact on Silicon Carbide Coating Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted a large number of countries across the globe. Various measures introduced to deal with the pandemic such as lockdowns, halt in trade activities, temporary closure of various factories and workplaces in several countries could save lives. However, these measures carry wide-ranging economic effects that can induce an economic contagion.
- Shortage in supply of raw materials from various manufacturers of silicon carbide coating around the globe has resulted in a severe demand-supply gap. Manufacturers are further expected to be stranded on raw material orders owing to the logistics industry being significantly impacted due to the lockdown amid COVID-19.
- Enactment of lockdowns in various countries across the globe prohibited import of various components including additives and other raw materials. This has hampered the silicon carbide coating market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Silicon Carbide Coating Market
- In terms of geography, the global silicon carbide coating market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- China, India, and Japan lead the silicon carbide coating market in Asia Pacific due to the increase in demand for electronics products in these countries
- North America is an emerging region of the global silicon carbide coating market. Increase in population, changing lifestyle, and improvement in disposable income are driving the silicon carbide coating market in the region.
- The silicon carbide coating market in Europe, particularly in countries such as the U.K., Germany, and France, has been expanding significantly due to rapid industrialization. The processing of silicon carbide coating mainly takes place in Germany and France. Norway and the Netherlands are also expected to contribute significantly to the silicon carbide coating market in Europe. Growth of the silicon carbide coating market in Europe can be ascribed to favorable government policies in the region.
- Demand for silicon carbide coating is expected to increase in Latin America and Middle East & Africa in the near future, led by growth in standard of living of the people in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Silicon Carbide Coating Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global silicon carbide coating market include:
- SGL Carbon
- CGT Carbon GmbH
- Thermic Edge
- Dow Chemical Company
- Carborundum Universal
- Grindwell Norton
- ESK SIC GmbH
- Entegris Inc
- Microsemi Corporation
- Norstel AB
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- ROHM Co Ltd
Global Silicon Carbide Coating Market: Research Scope
Global Silicon Carbide Coating Market, by Type
- Thermal Spray
Global Silicon Carbide Coating Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical & Electronics
- Medical & Health Care
Global Silicon Carbide Coating Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.