Silica Fabric: Introduction
- Silica fabric is produced by reacting silicon dioxide (purity >94%) with silica glass yarns. Silica fabric is primarily used as a high temperature insulator in a wide range of applications including bespoke straight connectors, turbine insulation, welding blankets, expansion joints, and furnace linings. Silica fabric offers enhanced resistance against heat, making it an ideal heat shield. It helps prevent components from overheating.
- Silica fabric offers excellent chemical resistance against hydrofluoric acid, phosphor acid, hydrochloric acid, magnesium, sodium, and silicon. Additionally, it has low thermal conductivity and low electrical conductivity. Therefore, it is suitable for electrical equipment production. Silica fabric is also fungi-proof and resistant to other attacking microorganisms.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Fabric to Drive Market
Insulation & High-heat Resistivity of Silica Fabric to Drive Market
- Silica fabric is an excellent insulating product, with temperature resistance up to 1000°C
- According to OSHA, nearly 85 deaths took place in the oil & gas industry between 2005 and 2015, due to fire accidents. According to a report published by the National Fire Protection Association, 3,700 civilians died due to fire across the U.S in 2019. The U.S. local fire departments responded to approximately 1.3 million fire accidents in the same year, with estimated property damage of US$ 14.8 Bn.
- Increase in industrialization due to rapid urbanization in developing countries has led to an increase in safety concerns. This is boosting the demand for fire blankets. Ability of silica fabric to provide insulation against fire and chemicals is projected to drive its demand by the end of the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Silica Fabric Market
- Demand for silica fabric is expected to be hampered due to supply-chain disruption and closure of production sites worldwide. The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected chemical and oil & gas industries due to decline in demand for end products. This is estimated to hamper the consumption of silica fabric in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Silica Fabric Market
- In terms of region, the global silica fabric market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of consumption, the market in Asia Pacific is projected hold major share of the silica fabric market during the forecast period. Increase in industrialization and expansion of power generation sector across the region is expected to boost the demand for fire-fighting products such as blankets and heat shields. This, in turn, is likely to propel the consumption of silica fabric due to its excellent flame and chemical resistivity.
- North America is anticipated to constitute vital share of the global silica fabric market during the forecast period. The major risk of potential damage to health and property is projected to drive the market in North America during the forecast period.
- Manufacturers of silica fabric in Europe are primarily engaged in making improvements in the manufacturing process of silica fabric and launching new products with enhanced qualities
- Middle East & Africa is the major hub of the oil & gas industry. The region is prone to fire risks. This is anticipated to drive the demand for silica fabric in Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global silica fabric market is fragmented, with the presence of large numbers of global as well as local players. Players operating in the global silica fabric market are engaged in research and development activities, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions to gain higher share. Key players operating in the silica fabric market include:
- Hiltex Technische Weefsels
- Darshan Safety Zone
- Auburn Manufacturing
- Anhui Ningguo Hantai New Materials
- High Silica Fabric
- Suntex Composite Industrial Co.,Ltd
- Shree Firepack Safety
- Rex Sealing & Packing Industries
- JSC VATI
- Great Lakes Textiles.
- Mid-Mountain Materials, Inc
- Shreeji Industries
- IC International
- PAR Group
- RNG Performance Materials
Global Silica Fabric Market: Research Scope
Global Silica Fabric Market, by Silica Content
- Greater than 94%
- Between 90 to 94%
Global Silica Fabric Market, by Application
- Welding and Fire Blanket
- Expansion Joints
- Heat Shields
- Others (Gasketing, Door Seals, Inner Switch Box Lining, etc.)
Global Silica Fabric Market, by End-use Industry
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Foundry Casting & Glass
- Others (Metal Processing, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.