Shrink Disc Market: Introduction
Shrink discs are keyless external locking devices. Compared to keyed devices, shrink discs are fast and easy to install. They also offer an even distribution of locking forces. Place this device over the hub and shaft and simply tighten the locking screws. This draws the disc’s outer and inner thrust rings together—compressing the hub tightly around the shaft.
This type of connection can transmit axial loads, high torque, and reversing loads. Shrink discs are external locking devices that provide a high capacity interference fit as well as all positive features of a conventional connection method, but which are much easier and faster to assemble and dismount. When a torque is transmitted through the connection of a shaft and a hollow shaft, the contemporary solution is to use a shrink disc instead of a failure-prone keyed connection. Shrink discs are typically available with inner diameters from 14 mm up to 500 mm.
Key Drivers of the Shrink Disc Market
- Rise in construction and automation industries are likely to fuel the market for shrink discs at the global level. However, shrink discs find crucial application in automation equipment, computer numerical control (CNC) machine tools, printing machines, packaging machinery, wind power, and heavy machine industries.
- The growing trend of adopting keyless locking devices is anticipated to drive the growth of the shrink disc market at the global level. Shrink disc manufacturers focus on eliminating removal and installation limitations of conventional locking devices while enhancing the features of interference fits that boosts the market.
Innovation in torque and hollow shaft of industrial gearbox creating opportunities in the shrink disc market
Raw material properties are one of the most important parameters to guarantee safe shrink disc performance. This is often not considered by customers and competitors. Machining tools precisely chosen based on the requirements and the selection of the ideally suited machine for the job, have great influence on cost-efficient production and last but not least, on competitive pricing. Companies are advancing with new parameters such as special design of the shrink disc series RfN 4181 and time based production and thus it has paved new opportunities for the shrink disc market globally.
Large Size of Shrink Discs a Restraint of the Market
Standard shrink discs need to be customized due to their large size to fit the requirement of high torque and fast production turnaround. For example, to fit the 900-mm hollow shaft, Ringfeder opted to specially design its RfN 4181 Series of heavy-duty shrink discs, which includes an additional guide mechanism on the inner ring for maximum torque transmission. Such parameters may act as restrictions in the growth of the shrink disc market.
Asia Pacific the dominant market
China, India, and Japan contribute the most to the shrink disc market. The shrink disc market is growing in countries such as China and India due to advanced features - low susceptibility to contamination, maximum reliability, and reduced dimensions for use in restricted spaces, thus offering new opportunities to drive demand in these countries.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies are working on product innovation and development to expand their customer base. Furthermore, key companies are adopting the merger and acquisition strategy to improve their market revenue at the global level. Some of the major companies identified in the shrink disc market are:
- VULCAN Industrial Engg. Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- RINGSPANN GmbH.
- RINGFEDER POWER TRANSMISSION
- Fenner Drives, Inc.
- StS Coupling GmbH
Shrink Disc Market: Research Scope
Shrink Disc Market, by Product Type
Shrink Disc Market, by Type
- Two Part Shrink Disc
- Three Part Shrink Disc
Shrink Disc Market, by Application
- Wind Power
- Heavy Machinery
- Food and Beverage
Shrink Disc Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the shrink disc market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.