Scarlet Acid Market: Introduction
- Scarlet acid is widely used in paper, ink, leather, plastic, wood stain, and different dyeing applications, owing to its 100% quality to salt free variety with PH variance
- Asia Pacific accounts for major share of the global scarlet acid market, due to rapid urbanization, increase in awareness about health and hygiene among consumers, rise in population, and growth in per capita buying power
Key Drivers of Scarlet Acid Market
- Dyestuff is an organized industry. Manufacturers have established associations to help the industry secure favorable regulations in respective geographies.
- The China Dyestuff Industry Association (CDIA) is an organization approved and registered by the Ministry of Civil Affairs. It consists of enterprises and public institutions engaged in manufacturing and researching dyestuff, organic pigments, dyeing and printing auxiliaries, intermediates, and master batches. It has over 220 members.
- The Dyestuffs Manufacturers Association of India (DMAI) is an apex body representing dyestuffs, pigments, optical brighteners, and dye intermediate manufacturers from all over the country. It covers all sectors of the colorants industry and is well recognized by government authorities. DMAI conducts various events and workshops in partnership with organizations that support the development of the dyestuff industry.
- Similar organizations are working for the development, welfare, and improvement of the dyestuff industry in various geographies. Organized efforts undertaken by dyestuff manufacturers are anticipated to drive the scarlet acid market during the forecast period.
Stringent Government Regulations Likely to Hamper Market
- Dyeing & textile is a major end-use industry of the global scarlet acid market. Dyeing & textile is one of the most chemically intensive industries on earth and a major polluter of clean water. Water consumption for dyeing varies between 30 liters per kilogram and 50 liters per kilogram of cloth depending on the type of dye used. The overall water consumption of yarn dyeing is about 60 liters per kilogram of yarn. The dyeing section accounts for 15% to 20% of the total wastewater flow.
- It takes about 500 gallons of water to produce enough fabric to cover one sofa. The World Bank estimates that textile dyeing and finishing treatment given to fabrics account for 17% to 20% of industrial water pollution. More than 120 azo dyes are banned in Europe, as they contain a specific chemical group derived from diazonium salts, which may form carcinogenic or mutagenic amines.
- Regulatory authorities such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of the U.S. and the European Union (EU) have enacted stringent regulations for dyestuff. These regulations are anticipated to restrain the scarlet acid market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Scarlet Acid Market
- In terms of value, Asia Pacific held significant share of the global scarlet acid market in 2018. The region is estimated to continue its dominance during the forecast period, due to the rise in consumer awareness about the benefits of scarlet acid in pharmaceutical products. China was the leading consumer of scarlet acid in Asia Pacific in 2018, owing to the growth in consumer preference for dyeing and increase in disposable income of the people in the country.
- Europe was also a vital consumer of scarlet acid in 2018 due to the presence of a predominant dyeing & textile industry in the region. Scarlet acid is extensively manufactured in Germany. Various suppliers of scarlet acid operate in Italy, Spain, and France.
Key Players in Scarlet Acid market
Prominent players operating in the global scarlet acid market include:
- United States Biological
- Hanhong Scientific
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Pingyuan Xinda Chemical Co., ltd.
- Shanghai Sunway Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Beide Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Saffron Exim
- Nilkanth Dyestuff Industries
- POCD Scientific
Global Scarlet Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Scarlet Acid Market, by Purity
- Purity 95%
- Purity 98%
Global Scarlet Acid Market, by Application
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!