Regenerated Lead Market: Introduction
- Regenerated lead is a soft, malleable, and corrosion resistant material. It is primarily used to line tanks that store corrosive liquids such as sulfuric acid. Regenerated lead is mainly obtained from scrap lead-acid batteries, lead pipes, sheets, and cable sheathing. Scrap lead from the building trade is usually fairly clean and is re-melted without the need for smelting. However, some refining operations may be necessary.
- Regenerated lead has high density, which makes it useful as a shield against X-ray and gamma-ray radiation. It is used in X-ray machines and nuclear reactors. Lead is also used as a covering on some wires and cables to protect them from corrosion. Furthermore, it is employed as a material to absorb vibrations and sounds. It is also used in the manufacture of ammunition. Currently, most of the lead is employed in the production of lead-acid storage batteries such as the batteries used in automobiles.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Regenerated Lead Market
- Regenerated lead is widely used for car batteries, pigments, ammunition, cable sheathing, weights for lifting, weight belts for diving, lead crystal glass, and radiation protection. It is also used in soldering. Regenerated lead is often used to store corrosive liquids. It is also sometimes used in architecture in roofing and stained glass windows.
- Production of regenerated lead from secondary sources requires far less energy than production of lead metal from ore. Less than half of the energy required in primary production (LDA) is estimated to be used in the production of regenerated lead.
- Regenerated lead is a corrosion-resistant metal. Therefore, it is widely used for pipes, pewters, and paints. It is also used in lead glazes for pottery, insecticides, hair dyes, and as an anti-knocking additive for petrol. However, regenerated lead has been banned, replaced, or discouraged in several countries due to its detrimental effects on health, particularly in children.
- The regenerated lead market in Asia Pacific is primarily driven by the expansion of the electric vehicle industry. Furthermore, key players are focused on the development of new methods to produce regenerated lead in order to lower the hazards of lead during the manufacturing process.
Automotive Application Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of value, the automotive segment is estimated to hold significant share of the market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period. Regenerated lead is primarily used in cars, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles.
- Regenerated lead is primarily used in batteries, which are mainly employed in electric vehicles. It is also used in glass for TV screens and stabilizers in polyvinyl chloride. Lead cable sheathing and alloys are minor uses of lead.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Regenerated Lead Market
- In terms of region, the global regenerated lead market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global regenerated lead market in 2018. The regenerated lead market in the region is expanding significantly, primarily due to growth of electronics and automotive industries in the region, primarily in China and India.
- Rise in FDIs in automotive and electronics industries in developing countries of Asia Pacific is a key factor likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- The market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the expansion of automotive and electronics industries in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
The global regenerated lead market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 30% to 40% share. Prominent players operating in the global regenerated lead market include:
- Jiangsu New Chunxing Resource Recycling
- Camel Group
- Weser-Metall GmbH
- Hebei Gangan Huanbao
- Nuova Samin Spa
- Johnson Controls
- Aqua Metals
- Exide Technologies
- Dalsekl MCR
Global Regenerated Lead Market: Research Scope
Global Regenerated Lead Market, by Type
- Solid Phase Electrolytic Reduction
- Wet Smelting
Global Regenerated Lead Market, by Application
Global Regenerated Lead Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.