Polydimethylsiloxane Resins Market: Introduction
- Polydimethylsiloxane resins are polymeric organosilicon compounds, which are widely used as silicon-based organic polymers, due to their unusual flow properties
- These possess characteristics such as low surface tension and high spreading coefficient. Also, these offer excellent resistance to thermal and oxidative degradation and radiation.
- Polydimethylsiloxane resins are commonly known as PDMS, poly[oxy(dimethylsilylene)], dimethicone, methylsilicone oil, etc.
- These resins are highly miscible with carbon tetrachloride, benzene, chloroform, diethyl ether, and toluene. They are immiscible with water and ethanol.
Key Drivers of Global Polydimethylsiloxane Resins Market
- Polydimethylsiloxane resins are optically clear, non-toxic, and non-flammable. They are extensively used in several end-use sectors including personal care & cosmetics, electrical & electronics, building & construction, health care, and industrial
- Growing urbanization, rising middle-class population, and increasing disposable income of people have led to rise in space requirement across the globe. Ability of polydimethylsiloxane resins to adhere to the substrate, their excellent water repellency, outstanding flexibility, and chemical resistance make them a suitable material for use in the building & construction industry.
- Polydimethylsiloxane resins are extensively employed in the health care sector for the manufacture of drug delivery vehicles, blood-contacting biomaterials, contact lenses, and microfluidic devices, due to their unusual rheological properties
- Polydimethylsiloxane resins are widely used as ingredients in several skin care and beauty products, due to their excellent ability to act as anti-foaming agents and conditioners. They form a hydrating barrier, thereby preventing loss of moisture from the skin. Increasing pollution and stress is expected to pose a threat of skin diseases for people worldwide in the near future. This, in turn, has led to development as well as launch of new products in the personal care & cosmetics sector. Additionally, rising consumer dependence on cosmetic products led by advancements in technology and science has led to formulation of advanced personal care and cosmetic products. Growth of the personal care & cosmetics sector is expected to increase consumption of polydimethylsiloxane resins in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Prominent Share of Global Polydimethylsiloxane Resins Market
- In terms of region, the global polydimethylsiloxane resins market can be segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Building & construction, personal care & cosmetics, and electronics & electrical (E&E) industries in Asia Pacific are expanding due to rising consumer spending and increasing disposable income of people. This is expected to boost the demand for polydimethylsiloxane resins in the region in the near future. These resins are primarily used as adhesives, sealants, and coatings in the construction sector, due to their excellent adhesion to substrate, inherent chemical inertness, outstanding long-term durability, and in-built hydrophobicity. These features make polydimethylsiloxane resins an ideal material for use in structural bonding and joint sealing applications.
- The polydimethylsiloxane resins market in North America and Europe is well developed and mature in nature. Also, producers of polydimethylsiloxane resins based in these regions are engaged in expanding their product portfolios through extensive research and development and in strengthening their foothold worldwide.
- The polydimethylsiloxane resins market in Latin America is expected to expand at a lower rate than that in Middle East & Africa. Lack of infrastructure facilities and decreased funding by governments have led to rise in imports from Europe and North America to cater to the demand for polydimethylsiloxane resins in Latin America.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Polydimethylsiloxane Resins Market
The global polydimethylsiloxane resins market is consolidated in nature. The market is dominated by a few large-sized as well as small-sized manufacturers. A majority of manufacturers of polydimethylsiloxane resins are:
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Elkem ASA
- The Dow Chemical Company
- BRB International BV
- KCC Corporation
- Terra Silikon Teknolojileri Ve Kimya
- ZHEJIANG XINAN CHEMICAL INDUSTRIAL GROUP CO. LTD.
- Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute of Chemical Industry
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd
- Elkay Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Clearco Products Co., Inc.
- Siltech Corporation
- Iota Silicone Oil (Anhui) Co., Ltd
On June 13, 2019, Elkem ASA announced to have expanded its offerings of silicone materials, such as polydimethylsiloxane oils, silanol fluids, emulsions, and sealants, for the North American market
Global Polydimethylsiloxane Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Polydimethylsiloxane Resins Market, by End-use Industry
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Others (Including Color Cosmetics and Deodorants)
- Electrical & Electronics
- Prototyping of Microfluidic Chips
- Building & Construction
- Health Care
Global Polydimethylsiloxane Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.