Picoxystrobin is a suspension concentrate, which is trans-lamina and systemic fungicide with preventive, curative, and systemic activity for use on canola, cereal grains except rice , dried peas, corn, and soybeans. This type of fungicide inhibits mitochondrial respiration by blocking electron transfer at the quinone outside center of cytochrome bcl. It is used on various crops such as corn,
soya bean, wheat, canola, and oats. It was initially launched as Acanto by Syngenta in Europe. Acanto was primarily launched for the control of yellow, brown, and crown rusts; powdery mildew; sooty mold; net and leaf blotch; and tan spot on cereal crops such as wheat, barley, and oats. The product is majorly marketed and commercialized by DuPont.
Picoxystrobin is marketed as a single ingredient fungicide, It is also in several mixtures with other fungicides such as cyproconazole (Furlong, Stinger, and Aproach Prima); chlorothalonil (Credo and Plinker); and cyprodinil (Acanto Prima).
Rise in demand for picoxystrobin is largely attributed to the developing and advancing agriculture sector in various regions around the world. Strong growth in the agriculture sector in regions such as Latin America is also expected to boost the picoxystrobin market. However, availability of low-cost substitutes is anticipated to hamper market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, the high initial investments and expertise required in the manufacturing process are estimated to restrict the entry of new players in the market.
Based on geography, the global picoxystrobin market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Picoxystrobin is currently registered in the 28 countries. These include Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden and the UK. Led by the rapid development in the agriculture sector in China, India, Australia, New Zealand, and Thailand, the picoxystrobin market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand and dominate the global market during the forecast period. North America and Europe are estimated to follow Asia Pacific. The picoxystrobin market in Latin America is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The market in Middle East & Africa is projected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period due to the rise in advanced agricultural practices in South Africa.
The global picoxystrobin market is consolidated; major producers dominate the global market. Key players operating in the market include E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Shanghai Bosman Industrial Co., Ltd. and other Chinese players.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the marketRecommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.