- Phosphites is an alkali metal salt of phosphorous acid. Phosphites help in bio-stimulating the performance of plants by activating their molecular, biochemical, and physiological responses. Phosphite is often used as a source of increasing energy and nutrient uptake in plants, thereby fostering the growth of roots. This boosts the yield and nutritional value of horticultural crops. Furthermore, phosphites are adsorbed and attached to soil minerals more than phosphates.
- Phosphites are often used as secondary antioxidants and stabilizers for polyolefins, styrenic polymers, engineering plastics, and other plastics
- Based on form, the global phosphites market can be segmented into liquid and solid. The liquid segment is expected to hold major share of the market in the near future owing to ease of mixing and excellent solvent characteristics of liquid phosphites.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers of Phosphites Market
- Ability of phosphites to enhance root & shoot growth and bud & fruit quality is expected to drive the demand for phosphites in the agriculture sector. Additionally, the bio-stimulating characteristic of phosphites is anticipated to drive its demand in applications such as pesticides and fertilizers.
- Growth in population, increase in income of the middle class, considerable improvements in lifestyle of the people, and rise in awareness about physical wellbeing are some of the factors estimated to boost the production and consumption of healthy food products across the globe. Phosphites help increase nutritional value of crops by bio-stimulating the defense mechanism in plants. This is expected to drive the demand for phosphites in the formulation of crops.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Phosphites Market
- Based on region, the global phosphites market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The agriculture sector is well established in countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Thailand. Furthermore, these countries hold major share in terms of export of agricultural goods across the globe. This is projected to drive the demand for phosphites, as these are extensively used in improving the yield of crops.
- Increase in governmental initiatives toward the growth of the agriculture sector is expected to drive the demand for phosphites in Asia Pacific. For instance, the Government of India has launched the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) for the development of irrigation sources to prevent drought. The investment in the initiative stood at US$ 7.7 Bn. Furthermore, the government plans to triple the capacity of the food processing sector in India by committing an investment of US$ 936.38 Bn for mega food parks in the country. The investment is under the Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters (SAMPADA).
- The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The preliminary factor which is expected to drive the demand for phosphites in Europe is the presence of wide variety of crops grown across various countries in the region. Furthermore, manufacturers operating in North America and Europe are highly engaged in development of advanced technologies and economies of scale to produce low-cost phosphites. Additionally, producers operating in Europe and North America are highly focused on expanding their production capacities in emerging regions to expand their reach.
- The phosphites market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace, owing to the presence of a few producers across the region. The market in Latin America is anticipated to expand at a significant pace, due to substantial improvement in the agricultural sector in the region.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global phosphites market is highly consolidated, with the leading producers accounting for prominent share. Additionally, manufacturers operating in the market are highly engaged in enhancing the quality of their existing line of phosphites to gain higher share in the global phosphites market. Key players operating in the phosphites market include:
- Van Iperen International
- Phoenix Environmental Care
- Suzhou Coonit Fine Chemical Technology Co. Ltd.
- Luxembourg-Pamol Inc.
- Plant Food Company Inc.
- Rudong Huayun Chem
- AGRI Nova, Agrowchem
- Plant Food Systems
- Pacific Agriscience
- SANDHYA GROUP
Global Phosphites Market: Research Scope
Global Phosphites Market, by Form
Global Phosphites Market, by Application
Global Phosphites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.