Phenylphosphonic Acid Market: Overview
Phenylphosphonic acid is an organic phosphorous compound in which phenyl group and phosphorous are directly bonded. This acid is stronger than other carboxylic acids. It is produced in the form of white crystalline powder. Phenylphosphonic acid has superior thermal stability and has two functional groups, namely phenyl and acid groups, which impart excellent surface modifier properties to the acid. Phenylphosphonic acid is highly soluble in solvents such as water, methanol, ethanol, dimethylformamide (DMF), and acetone; however, it is insoluble in toluene, hexane, and carbon tetrachloride. It is toxic in nature and causes skin irritation. The use of phenylphosphonic acid is gaining importance in the field of agriculture and medicine.
Phenylphosphonic Acid Market: Key Segments
Based on application, the global phenylphosphonic acid market can be segmented into surface modifiers, plastic resin modifiers, flame retardants, dispersants, catalysts, and others, which include pesticide additive used in agricultural applications. It helps in increasing resistance to fungal diseases in pesticides. Phenylphosphonic acid is commonly used as a chain transfer agent in chemical reactions. Phenylphosphonic acid, when used in agricultural applications, affects plant growth and nitrogen uptake depending on its type, soil, and mode of application of pesticide. The surface modifiers segment leads the phenylphosphonic acid market. The segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The demand for phenylphosphonic acid is projected to increase at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Phenylphosphonic Acid Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of region, the global phenylphosphonic acid market can be divided North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific accounts for a major share of the global phenylphosphonic acid market. The phenylphosphonic acid market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the growing demand for process licensing from downstream industries. North America and Europe are significant consumers of phenylphosphonic acid. Latin America and Middle East & Africa are projected to create lucrative growth opportunities for the phenylphosphonic acid market. The phenylphosphonic acid market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Phenylphosphonic Acid Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global phenylphosphonic acid market include Nissan Chemical (Japan), Guangzhou Xijia Chemical Co., Ltd. (China), Shanghai ZZ New Material (China), Shaanxi Dideu Medichem (China), and Zibo Yiren Chemical (China).
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.