Phenyl Methyl Silicone Resins Market: Introduction
- Phenyl methyl silicone resins are relatively low molecular weight polymeric compounds with a 3-D branched structure. These resins offer excellent water repellency and superior thermal stability due to weathering. These resins are generally used in applications that require high temperature compatibility and resistance to UV radiation.
- China and India are high potential countries of the phenyl methyl silicone resins market. Rise in household income, increase in urbanization, and growth of FDI investments, especially in the automotive sector are expected to fuel the demand for phenyl methyl silicone resins in these countries during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Phenyl Methyl Silicone Resins Market
- Growth in construction, infrastructure, and automotive industries; and wide adoption of newer coating technologies are estimated to create lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period. Latin America and Asia Pacific are projected to create immense opportunities for phenyl methyl silicone resins during the forecast period due to the growth in economic activities in these regions. Currently, these regions are implementing rigid VOC emission regulations. Awareness regarding the environmental impact of products is rising among consumers in Latin America and Asia Pacific.
- Coating formulators are focusing on reducing their carbon footprint. Innovations in the fields of water-based coatings, UV-cured coatings, and powder coatings are rising. These technologies have lower carbon footprint vis-à-vis solvent-based technologies. Thus, these technologies are widely being adopted. Companies are also increasingly focusing on developing bio-based coatings.
- Demand for phenyl methyl silicone resins is high among cookware manufacturers due to their superior stability to temperature. The electrical & electronics applications of phenyl methyl silicone resins include resistor coating and surface damp proofing.
- Bio-based resins, which are not derived from petrochemical feedstock, are renewable, and have performance similar to traditionally used coating resins. Thus, bio-based coatings provide immense opportunities for manufacturers.
Automotive Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, the automotive segment accounted for leading share of the global phenyl methyl silicone resins market in 2018. It is estimated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to its excellent thermal resistant properties, which include superior water repellency and thermal stability.
- Phenyl methyl silicone resins are widely used in the automotive sector due to their superior water repellency, release properties, and surface hardness compared to other traditional resins. Some automobile manufacturers also use these resins to coat the car exhaust. Some grades of phenyl methyl silicone resins are also employed in surface treatment applications such as silicone-based pressure sensitive adhesives and epoxy adhesive surfaces.
Stringent Regulations Regarding VOC Emissions Likely to Hamper Market
- Paints and coatings is a major source of VOC emissions. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emit odor; cause pollution of the indoor environment; and prove to be harmful to human health. Therefore, stringent regulations have been imposed on VOC emissions from paints and coatings.
- Solvent-based coatings are widely used types of coatings. However, their high VOC content has led to their replacement by water-based formulations and high-solid formulations. This is estimated to hamper the global phenyl methyl silicone resins market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Phenyl Methyl Silicone Resins Market
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2017. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to the growth in the paints & coatings industry and rise in demand for architectural and automotive coatings in in the region.
- North America and Europe constitute large share of the global phenyl methyl silicone resins market. Expansion of the market in these regions is likely to be sluggish due to the implementation of stringent regulations regarding VOC emissions.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be attractive regions of the phenyl methyl silicone resins market during the forecast period. Latin America constitutes countries such as Brazil and Mexico, which are major automotive manufacturing countries in the world. They are also manufacturing hubs for numerous industries. Economic growth in these countries is estimated to create opportunities for the phenyl methyl silicone resins market in Latin America.
Key Players in Global Market
Key players operating in the global phenyl methyl silicone resins market include:
- JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES PLC
- Dow Chemical Company
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Siltech Corporation
- Jiang Xi Xin Jia Yi New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Iota Silicone Oil (Anhui) Co., Ltd
- Hubei Jia Yun chemical technology CO., LTD
- Genesee Polymers Corporation
- Hubei Xinsihai Chemical Engineering Co., Ltd.
Global Phenyl Methyl Silicone Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Phenyl Methyl Silicone Resins Market, by Type
Global Phenyl Methyl Silicone Resins Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Electrical & Electronics
- Consumer Goods
Global Phenyl Methyl Silicone Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.