1, 10-Phenanthroline Anhydrous: Introduction
- Phenanthroline is an organic heterocyclic compound and a chelating agent with high affinity toward metal ions. The chemical is generally prepared by two consecutive sequential Skraup reactions of glycerol with o-phenylenediamine and oxidizing agents such as traditional aqueous arsenic acid or nitrobenzene. Sulfuric acid is used as a catalyst in this reaction. After dehydration reaction, acrolein is produced from glycerol and goes into further cyclization followed by reaction with amine to get condensed. 1, 10-phenanthroline anhydrous is majorly used as a chelating agent in various industries. It is also largely used in co-ordination chemistry as ligand (a bonding molecule which helps a central metal atom to form a co-ordination complex by binding). 1, 10-phenanthroline is soluble in water. It is also soluble in organic solvents. The chemical is non-toxic.
- 1, 10-phenanthroline anhydrous can be used in several applications of applied chemistry. The chemical is used as an inhibitor of metallopeptidase enzymes (protease enzyme whose catalytic mechanism comprises a metal). 1, 10-phenanthroline is primarily used for zinc peptidases. Another major application of this chemical is in co-ordination chemistry, where it is used as a functional group bonding agent for metal ions to form co-ordination complex compounds. 1, 10-phenanthroline is primarily used in industrial applications as a chelating agent.
Key Drivers and Restraints of 1, 10-Phenanthroline Anhydrous Market
- 1, 10-pehanthroline is a specialty chemical catering to niche markets. Demand for 1, 10-phenathroline is dependent on low volume and specialty markets; therefore, its price is expected to be on a higher side, especially in developed regions such as North America and Europe. In price sensitive regions such as Asia Pacific and Middle East, where demand for 1, 10-phenanthroline is even lower due to absence of technology and proper scope of usage, higher price may act as a constraint for the market. Demand for 1, 10-phenanthroline is expected to rise in Asia Pacific in the near future due to technological advancements and growth of the FMCG sector in the region.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Supply Chain
- Governments of several countries across the globe have imposed stringent lockdowns to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Movement of individuals and economic activities, related to goods and services, has come to a halt because of lockdowns. 1. 10-Phenanthroline anhydrous is specialty chemical that is produced in Europe and North America and supplied to the other regions of the world. Stringent regulations regarding import and export guidelines have led to a halt in supply of the chemical. This is hampering the 1, 10-phenanthroline anhydrous market.
1, 10-Phenanthroline Anhydrous Market Segmentation
- Based on end-use industry, the global 1, 10-phenanthroline anhydrous market can be segmented into pharmaceutical, food & beverages, consumer goods, and others
1, 10-Phenanthroline Anhydrous Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global 1, 10-phenanthroline anhydrous market can be split into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- China-based manufacturers are focusing on developed markets such as Europe and North America to sell their products at a cheaper price. This has compelled 1, 10-phenathroline manufacturers to cut their expenditure on development or manufacturing of the chemical. With rising economy and technological advancements, the market is expected to be driven by Asia Pacific and the Middle East in the near future. Currently, local manufacturers contribute to a small portion of the market in Asia Pacific. However, saturation of the market in Europe and North America is likely to boost the market share of manufacturers based in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Acros Organics BVBA
- Belami Fine Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- GFS Chemicals, Inc.
- Loba Feinchemie GmbH
- Merck Millipore
- Shenyang Xinguang Chemical Factory
Global 1, 10-Phenanthroline Anhydrous Market: Research Scope
Global 1, 10-Phenanthroline Anhydrous Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Goods
Global 1, 10-Phenanthroline Anhydrous Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.