Global Pentalide (Cyclopentadecanolide) Market – Overview
Pentalide is also called as cyclopentadecanolide, muskolacto, or muskolactone across its different end use industries. Its applications range from cosmetics to fabric care. The growth of the global pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) market is defined by the tectonic shift in the spending patterns of consumers across the globe, especially in Asia Pacific. Due to its wide range of applications, the global market is expected to witness a stellar growth over the given forecast period. However, the competitive landscape of the market is expected to remain consolidated with top five companies holding more than half of the overall market share.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global Pentalide (Cyclopentadecanolide) Market – Notable Developments
Some notable developments in the global pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) market are given below:
- In 2106, Affymetrix was acquired by Thermo Fisher Inc. The company also acquired the USB Biochemicals products unit. This move has expanded the product portfolio of Thermo Fisher Inc. and has considerably helped in its overall revenue generation.
- In June 2019, Firmenich announced that the company has entered into a strategic partnership agreement with ArtSci Biology Technologies. The company has taken a minority equity stake in ArtSci – a leading local flavor developer in China.
Global Pentalide (Cyclopentadecanolide) Market – Drivers and Restraints
There are several factors that helping to push the growth of the global pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) market. One of the key driving factor for the market growth has been its wide range of application verticals such as alcohol, cosmetics, fabric care, toiletries, and industrial cleaners among others. Development of these industries directly reflects on the growth of the global pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) market. Of these end use segments, cosmetics and personal care products is the major contributor and will continue in leading the development of the market over the next few years. A situation that has worked in favor of the development of the global market is the strict governmental and regulatory guidelines about the use of hazardous materials such as polycyclic musk and nitro musk in cosmetic products. It has encouraged the manufacturers to turn to pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) and thus helped in it development. Polycyclic musk and nitro musk have been found to affect the human health and its bioaccumulation can be found in body fat, umbilical cords, and breast milk. This has only helped in scaling up the popularity of the global pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) market.
However, there are some factors that are expected to hamper the growth of the market. Recently, there has been a significant shortage of cyclododecanone. It is an important component in the production of pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide). Its shortage affected the production and there was unexpected rise in the prices. It severely hampered the growth of the market. However, the situation has been brought under control and the production is getting back on track and the prices are also controlled.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Pentalide (Cyclopentadecanolide) market, ask for a customized report
Global Pentalide (Cyclopentadecanolide) Market – Geographical Outlook
The global pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) has five important geographical segments viz. Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Over the course of the given forecast period, the pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) market is expected to be dominated by the Asia Pacific region. This growth of the market is primarily driven by the presence of developing economies such as India and China. The consumer spending patterns have significantly changed over the years in the region. The population is now ready to spend more on premium fragrances, cosmetics, household cleaners, and toiletries products. This has helped in driving the pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) market considerably in this region. For instance, the cosmetics market in India and China have witnessed a tremendous growth in recent years and is expected to continue developing over the course of the given forecast period. This will thus help to drive the development of the pentalide (cyclopentadecanolide) market in Asia Pacific to newer heights.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.