Organic Carbamates: Introduction
- Organic carbamates play an important role in modern drug discovery and medicinal chemistry. It is one of the key ingredients in many approved therapeutic agents.
- Organic carbamates are widely used as peptide bond surrogates in medicinal chemistry owing to their chemical stability and capability to permeate cell membranes. Ability to modulate inter- and intramolecular interactions with target enzymes or receptors is one of the key features of organic carbamates.
- Various types of organic carbamates are widely used as agricultural chemicals such as pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides. Organic carbamates also play a significant role in as starting materials, intermediates, and solvents in chemical and paints industries.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Types of Organic Carbamates
- In terms of types, the global organic carbamates market can be divided into methyl carbamate, ethyl carbamate, propyl carbamate, butyl carbamate, and others
- Methyl carbamate is used in a wide range of applications in polymer, pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, and textile industries. In the textile industry, methyl carbamate is employed in the production of dimethylol methyl carbamate-based resins. These resins are applied on polyester cotton blend fabrics to provide good crease-angle retention and flame-retardant properties. They are primarily used in crop protection chemicals, which help protect crops, fruits, and vegetables from a variety of pests. However, as per a study by Agilent Technologies, long term and low scale exposure of methyl carbamates can create adverse impact on human and animal health. Long term exposure to carbamates adversely affects the nervous system. It also causes neuromuscular effects and persistent behavioral changes.
- Ethyl carbamate is naturally found in smaller quantities in several types of fermented foods and drinks such as alcoholic beverages. Ethyl carbamate and methyl carbamate have been found in smaller quantities in wines, sake, beer, brandy, whiskey, and other fermented alcoholic beverages. It is formed by reacting ethanol with urea or carbamic acid. However, its application in pharmaceutical industry has been banned in some countries such as the U.S. and Japan due to its carcinogenic properties. Now, it is only used as anesthetic in animal experiments. It is used for its long duration of anesthetic effects on animals.
- Carbamates are also employed in plastic and paints industries. Polyurethane plastics contain many carbamate groups as part of their structure. The term “urethane” in “polyurethane” refers to carbamates groups. However, it is not used in production of urethanes. Urethane plastics are produced by reacting alcohol with an isocyanate. Urethanes produced by a non-isocyanate route are called carbamates. Iodopropynyl butyl carbamate, another type of organic carbamate, is a water-soluble preservative used globally in paints & coatings, wood preservatives, personal care, and cosmetics industries. It is used as an effective fungicide at very low concentrations in cosmetic products.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Covid-19 Impact on Organic Carbamates Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has marginally impacted end-use industries of organic carbamates. Majority of demand for organic carbamates is generated from agrochemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, and other crop protection chemicals.
- Demand for agricultural products such as food grains, fruits, and vegetables has surged during the pandemic due to panic buying from consumers. Reports of panic buying and food hoarding have proliferated in cities around the world during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Organic Carbamates Market
- In terms of region, the global organic carbamates market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The organic carbamates market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by the market in Latin America.
- China, India, Vietnam, Italy, and Brazil are key growth markets for all types of organic carbamates. Asia Pacific is a prominent producer of agricultural products such as rice, wheat, and vegetables. Hence, the requirement for organic carbamates as pesticides is high in the region. Crop-based pesticides are expected to drive the organic carbamates market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Europe is estimated to expand in the near future, as farmers are focusing on agriculture. This is projected to boost the usage of organic carbamates for crops in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Organic Carbamates Market
Key players operating in the global organic carbamates market include:
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- VWR International LLC
- Merck KGaA
- Toronto Research Chemicals
- MP Biomedicals
- Prasol Chemicals Ltd.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- BLD Pharmatech Ltd.
Global Organic Carbamates Market: Research Scope
Global Organic Carbamates Market, by End-use Industry
Global Organic Carbamates Market, by Type
- Methyl Carbamate
- Ethyl Carbamate
- Propyl Carbamate
- Butyl Carbamate
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.