Organic Carbamates: Introduction
- Organic carbamates play an important role in modern drug discovery and medicinal chemistry. It is one of the key ingredients in many approved therapeutic agents.
- Organic carbamates are widely used as peptide bond surrogates in medicinal chemistry owing to their chemical stability and capability to permeate cell membranes. Ability to modulate inter- and intramolecular interactions with target enzymes or receptors is one of the key features of organic carbamates.
- Various types of organic carbamates are widely used as agricultural chemicals such as pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides. Organic carbamates also play a significant role in as starting materials, intermediates, and solvents in chemical and paints industries.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Types of Organic Carbamates
- In terms of types, the global organic carbamates market can be divided into methyl carbamate, ethyl carbamate, propyl carbamate, butyl carbamate, and others
- Methyl carbamate is used in a wide range of applications in polymer, pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, and textile industries. In the textile industry, methyl carbamate is employed in the production of dimethylol methyl carbamate-based resins. These resins are applied on polyester cotton blend fabrics to provide good crease-angle retention and flame-retardant properties. They are primarily used in crop protection chemicals, which help protect crops, fruits, and vegetables from a variety of pests. However, as per a study by Agilent Technologies, long term and low scale exposure of methyl carbamates can create adverse impact on human and animal health. Long term exposure to carbamates adversely affects the nervous system. It also causes neuromuscular effects and persistent behavioral changes.
- Ethyl carbamate is naturally found in smaller quantities in several types of fermented foods and drinks such as alcoholic beverages. Ethyl carbamate and methyl carbamate have been found in smaller quantities in wines, sake, beer, brandy, whiskey, and other fermented alcoholic beverages. It is formed by reacting ethanol with urea or carbamic acid. However, its application in pharmaceutical industry has been banned in some countries such as the U.S. and Japan due to its carcinogenic properties. Now, it is only used as anesthetic in animal experiments. It is used for its long duration of anesthetic effects on animals.
- Carbamates are also employed in plastic and paints industries. Polyurethane plastics contain many carbamate groups as part of their structure. The term “urethane” in “polyurethane” refers to carbamates groups. However, it is not used in production of urethanes. Urethane plastics are produced by reacting alcohol with an isocyanate. Urethanes produced by a non-isocyanate route are called carbamates. Iodopropynyl butyl carbamate, another type of organic carbamate, is a water-soluble preservative used globally in paints & coatings, wood preservatives, personal care, and cosmetics industries. It is used as an effective fungicide at very low concentrations in cosmetic products.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Covid-19 Impact on Organic Carbamates Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has marginally impacted end-use industries of organic carbamates. Majority of demand for organic carbamates is generated from agrochemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, and other crop protection chemicals.
- Demand for agricultural products such as food grains, fruits, and vegetables has surged during the pandemic due to panic buying from consumers. Reports of panic buying and food hoarding have proliferated in cities around the world during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Organic Carbamates Market
- In terms of region, the global organic carbamates market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The organic carbamates market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by the market in Latin America.
- China, India, Vietnam, Italy, and Brazil are key growth markets for all types of organic carbamates. Asia Pacific is a prominent producer of agricultural products such as rice, wheat, and vegetables. Hence, the requirement for organic carbamates as pesticides is high in the region. Crop-based pesticides are expected to drive the organic carbamates market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Europe is estimated to expand in the near future, as farmers are focusing on agriculture. This is projected to boost the usage of organic carbamates for crops in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Organic Carbamates Market
Key players operating in the global organic carbamates market include:
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- VWR International LLC
- Merck KGaA
- Toronto Research Chemicals
- MP Biomedicals
- Prasol Chemicals Ltd.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- BLD Pharmatech Ltd.
Global Organic Carbamates Market: Research Scope
Global Organic Carbamates Market, by End-use Industry
Global Organic Carbamates Market, by Type
- Methyl Carbamate
- Ethyl Carbamate
- Propyl Carbamate
- Butyl Carbamate
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.