Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market: Introduction
- Nanoengineered antibacterial coatings help prevent initial bacterial attachment to the surface of implantable medical devices such as catheters, pacemakers, stents, and tooth implants
- Infections are a major concern in implantable medical devices. Infections associated with implantable medical devices are caused by bacteria and fungi. Medical devices can be contaminated by bacteria before and during the implantation procedure.
- Once bacteria gets attached to the surface, it starts to proliferate and form colonies. As time goes on, biofilms develop and form an effective protection for bacteria from antibiotics and immune system. Bacteria in biofilms can resist 1000 times higher doses of antibiotics than planktonic bacteria. This creates a challenge in the treatment of infected implantable medical devices. In such a scenario, removal and replacement of the device is the only option. However, this is expensive.
- Antibacterial coatings are not only employed in biomedical devices, but are also widely used in food and marine industries
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market report
Types of Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings
- Nanoengineered antibacterial coatings are classified into four classes: repelling bacterial attachment or biofilm development, contact killing, releasing of antibacterial agents, and stimuli responsive release in the presence of bacteria
- The first class of coatings is generally those in which bacteria cannot attach to. This type of coatings is based on hydrophilic polymers such as oxazoline, polyethylene glycol, and nitroxide radicals.
- The second class of antibacterial coatings can kill bacteria upon contact. In this class, coating is done by putting quaternary ammonium compounds on surface. This helps in eradication of new bacterial entrants.
- The first two categories of nanoengineered antibacterial coatings are efficient methods to prevent the development of bacteria on surfaces of medical devices. However, they cannot eliminate bacteria that has already affected the site of implantation.
- This disadvantage of first two coatings can make open wounds more susceptible to pathogens. The third category of nanoengineered antibacterial coatings was developed to neutralize such pathogens. Conventional antibiotics, peptides, and nitric oxides are common antibacterial agents that are released to diminish bacterial formation on medical devices.
- The fourth and the final category of nanoengineered antibacterial coatings consists of antibacterial agents, which release on demand or when bacteria have already infiltrated or contaminate the device. These stimuli responsive materials possess more advantages as compared to other classes of antibacterial coatings.
Key Drivers of Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market
- Implantable medical devices are largely used in geriatric population with reduced immune system. This class of population is more susceptible to infections caused by infiltrated bacteria. Japan, Italy, Portugal, and Germany have the highest numbers of the oldest adults globally. According to a World Health Organization (WHO) report, almost 2 billion people around the world are estimated to be more than 60 year old by 2050, three times the number it was in 2000. The U.K. and France face an increase in their health care budget and usage of implantable medical devices owing to increase in geriatric population. This is estimated to augment the nanoengineered antibacterial coatings market in these countries.
- In 2018, the Government of India launched a scheme named Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (also known as Ayushman Bharat Yojana). This scheme provides health insurance of Rs.5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary hospitalization care. The scheme helps provide medical implant services. In 2017, the U.S. spent around US$ 3.5 Trn or 18% of its GDP on health care, almost more than twice of average of expenditure of other developed countries. Of these US$ 3.5 Trn, US$ 1.5 Trn was directly or indirectly funded by the U.S. government. The government allocated resources of almost 8% of economy toward the health care sector. As per a report published by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, this cost is estimated to rise to US$ 2.9 Trn or 9.7% of the economy. Thus, strategies developed by the U.S. and India are estimated to propel the demand for subsidized implantable medical devices, thus helping boost the sales of nanoengineered antibacterial coatings market in these countries.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global nanoengineered antibacterial coatings market include:
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- BASF SE
- Diamond Vogel
- Axalta Coating Systems
- Nippon Paint Company Ltd
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Royal DSM
- RPM International Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
Global Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market: Research Scope
Global Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market, by Constituent
- Silver Nanoparticles
- Nitric Oxide
- Biofilm Dispersal Compounds
Global Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market, by End-use Industry
- Health Care
Global Nanoengineered Antibacterial Coatings Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.