Global Hay Preservatives Market: Overview
- Hay preservatives are types of additives that are used to reduce the drying time of hay and to allow producers to pack hay with high moisture content
- Hey bales get spoiled at moisture content higher than 14%–18%. Hay preservatives reduce spoilage of hey caused by molds. These preservatives also reduce losses caused by heating after baling. The preservative amount depends on the moisture content of hay bale.
- The most effective preservatives include organic acids such as propionic acid and acetic acid. Use of preservatives is a cost-effective method to preserve hay for a long period of time.
Rise in Demand from Fodder Industry
- The global hay preservatives market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in consumer awareness about preservative products and increasing demand for hey are key factors projected to drive the consumption of hay preservatives during the forecast period.
- Rising demand for hay bales from the fodder industry has driven the demand for hay preservatives. Uncertain environmental conditions are hampering the harvest of alfalfa and other types of hay, which drives the demand for products to preserve hay for a long time. This factor is driving the demand for hay preservatives across the globe.
- Growth of the global dairy & meat industry is also driving the demand for hay as an animal fodder. This, in turn, is augmenting the demand for hey preservatives.
- Key restraints of the global hay preservatives market include volatile prices of raw materials and increasing regulations on the global animal fodder industry
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Hay Preservatives Market report
Equine to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to Hay Preservatives Market
- Based on animal, the global hay preservatives market can be segmented into equine, dairy cow, livestock, and others. Equine is estimated to be the most rapidly growing segment of the global hay preservatives market, followed by the dairy cow segment, during the forecast period.
- Growth of dairy and meat industries across the world is driving the global hay preservatives market
Organic Acids Segment to Hold a Major Share of Global Hay Preservatives Market
- Base on product, the global hay preservatives market can be divided into organic acids, microbial additives, ammonia-based, and others. Organic acids, such as propionate (propionic acid) and acetate (acetic acid), are widely preferred as hay preservatives in the fodder industry. Ammonium propionate is preferred over propionic acid, due to its less caustic content.
- Microbial hay preservatives are not as effective as organic and ammonia-based preservatives
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Hay Preservatives Market
- In terms of region, the global hay preservatives market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global hay preservatives market in the near future, owing to increased consumer awareness and risen research and development activities in the region. The U.S. holds a key share of the market for hay preservatives in North America.
- The hay preservatives market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period. Favorable regulations for fodder industry fuel the market in the region.
- The Asia Pacific market witness lucrative growth opportunities, due to growing dairy and meat industries in the region. However, consumption of hay preservatives in the region is limited, due to lack of awareness about the product.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Hay Preservatives Market
Key Players in Global Hay Preservatives Market
The global hay preservatives market was moderately consolidated in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global hay preservatives market seek to enter into partnerships for the development of innovative products. Key players operating in the global market are:
- AgroChem, Inc.
- Nuhn Forage Inc.
- Harvest Tec,
- Kemin Industries
- Pestell Minerals Ingredients
- Wausau Chemical Corporation
- Profitable Farming Company Ltd
- Univar Solutions Inc.
Global Hay Preservatives Market: Research Scope
Global Hay Preservatives Market, by Animal
- Dairy Cow
Global Hay Preservatives Market, by Product
- Organic Acids
- Propionic acid
- Acetic acid
- Microbial Additives
- Others (Including Food Dyes, Inorganic Acids, Formaldehyde, Flavoring Agents)
Global Hay Preservatives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.