N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine: Introduction
- N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine is a herbicide and crop desiccant with broad spectrum. N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine is an organophosphorus chemical, more absolutely a phosphonate that inhibits the plant enzyme 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase.
- N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine is used to eliminate weeds, specifically annual broadleaf weeds and grasses, that grow with crops
- N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine is used to limit the growth of undesired spreading grass. Thus, it enhances agricultural yield. It also helps promote plant development and maturation of specific crops such as cotton, soybean, berry crops, and maize.
- Pesticides are widely used in developing regions. Demand for pesticide is increasing due to crop production, which prioritizes high agricultural yields. Many farmers in developing countries use pesticides to protect their crops against pests.
N-(phosphonomethyl) Glycine Market: Segments
- The n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- Based on type, the n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine market can be bifurcated into IDA process and glycine process
- In terms of application, the global n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine market can be segregated into Soluble Liquid (SL) glyphosate herbicide, Soluble Powders (SP) glyphosate herbicide, Soluble Granules (SG) glyphosate herbicide, and others
COVID-19 Impact on N-(phosphonomethyl) Glycine Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has worsened uncertainty among people whose livelihoods depend on farming. Government decisions to restrict the movement of people have had negative implications on farmers.
- COVID-19 related restrictions have also limited the supply of materials to markets. Rules and concerns about coronavirus infection has limited the access for trade related to agriculture products such as pesticides and herbicides. This, together with reduced demand from urban markets, means prices of certain products have fallen, as demand was less compared to supply.
- N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine is largely used in the manufacture of herbicides. COVID-19 has affected the demand for n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine due to the imposition of lockdowns across the globe. There has been a demand-supply gap and disruption in supply chain of the agriculture industry, which is one of the largest consumers of n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine. Demand for n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine for preparing herbicides has been severely impacted due to lockdowns. Sale, purchase, and usage of n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine has decreased significantly in many application segments owing to the months of lockdowns and retail business closures.
Asia Pacific to Dominate N-(phosphonomethyl) Glycine Market
- In terms of geography, the n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Countries such as India are leading the n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine market in Asia Pacific due to the increase in demand for herbicides
- The n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine market in Europe has been expanding significantly due to increase in agricultural activities
- Demand for n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine is expected to increase in Latin America and Middle East & Africa in the near future, led by growth in agricultural activities in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global N-(phosphonomethyl) Glycine Market
- Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global n-(phosphonomethyl) glycine market include:
- Jiangsu Yangnong Chemical
- Hubei Sanonda
- Rainbow Chemical
- Hengyang Roymaster
- CAC Group
- Huaxing Chemical
- Jingma Group
- Beier Group
- Sunvic Chemical
- Zhejiang Jinfanda Biochemical
Global N-(phosphonomethyl) Glycine Market: Research Scope
Global N-(phosphonomethyl) Glycine Market, by Type
- IDA Process
- Glycine Process
Global N-(phosphonomethyl) Glycine Market, by Application
- Soluble Liquid(SL) Glyphosate Herbicide
- Soluble Powders (SP) Glyphosate Herbicide
- Soluble Granules (SG) Glyphosate Herbicide
Global N-(phosphonomethyl) Glycine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!