- N-methylaniline, also known as methyl phenylamine or n-methylbenzylamine, is a member of a class of compounds known as phenylalkylamines. Phenylalkylamines are organic amines where the amine group is secondary and linked on one end to a phenyl group and on the other end to an alkyl group.
- N-methylaniline is an aniline derivative. The substance is a colorless viscous liquid. The samples turn brown when exposed to air. The chemical is insoluble in water. It is used as a latent and coupling solvent. It is also used as an intermediate for dyes, agrochemicals, and other organic products.
- N-methylaniline can be found in a number of food items such as carrot, wild carrot, orange bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Thus, N-methylaniline is a potential biomarker for the consumption of these food products.
Key Drivers and Restraints of N-methylaniline Market
- Coupling solvents are primarily used in chemical and pharmaceutical sectors, due to high selectivity, compatibility with many types of functional groups, typical usage without protection groups and strong bases, and introduction at relatively late stages of the total synthesis. Solvents that are strongly polarizable, such as aromatic and chlorinated solvents, can stabilize the induced and permanent dipoles of other molecules. Increase in demand for solvents in the pharmaceutical industry is expected to drive the global n-methylaniline market in the near future.
- Rise in demand for dyes in the textile industry is expected to create significant opportunities for the n-methylaniline market. Industrial applications of dyes include textiles and non-textiles such as acid-base indicators, liquid crystal, color filters for displays and sensors, ink-jet, lasers, hairs, food, and biomedical. The global market for dyes has been witnessing significant growth due to rising demand for dyes in end-user industries such as food, textile, printing inks, and paints & coatings.
N-methylaniline: Purity Segment
- In terms of purity, the global n-methylaniline market can be divided into ≥ 99.00, ≥ 98.50, ≥ 95.00, and others
- The purity type ≥ 99.00 is used in the preparation of self-assembled poly(N-methylaniline)-lignosulfonate (PNMA-LS) composite spheres with reactive silver-ion adsorbability. It is also used in electrodeposition of poly(N-methylaniline) (PNMA) coatings on a steel disc electrode.
- The purity type ≥ 99.00 does not contain any restricted elements and oxygen compounds such as lead, iron, manganese, or sulfur. It is used in various kinds of gasoline, and can also be added in gasoline directly.
N-methylaniline: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global n-methylaniline market can be segmented into coupling solvents, dyes, agrochemicals, and others
- The coupling solvents segment is projected to account or larger share of the global market during the forecast period
- Dyes are colored organic compounds that are used to impart color to various substrates, including paper, leather, fur, hair, drugs, cosmetics, waxes, greases, plastics, and textile materials. Dyes that are used by the textile industry are now mostly synthetic. They are mostly derived from two sources namely, coal tar and petroleum-based intermediates. These dyes are marketed as powders, granules, pastes or liquid dispersions.
- Dyes and agrochemicals segments are likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the growth of textile and agrochemicals industries
COVID-19 Impact on N-methylaniline Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is expected to hamper the n-methylaniline market.
North America to hold a leading share of N-methylaniline Market
- In terms of region, the n-methylaniline market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global n-methylaniline market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific, during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the higher production and consumption of N-methylaniline, especially in the U.S. However, the n-methylaniline market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the increase in demand for N-methylaniline in emerging countries such as China and India.
Key Manufacturers Operating in N-methylaniline Market
The n-methylaniline market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the n-methylaniline market include:
- Aarti Industries Ltd.
- Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Changzhou Baolong Chemical Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Dayang Chem (Hangzhou) Co. Ltd.
- Mosinter Group Limited
- Connect Chemicals GmbH
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology Inc.
- Wuxi Yangshi Chemical Co. Ltd.
N-methylaniline Market: Research Scope
N-methylaniline Market, by Purity
- ≥ 99.00
- ≥ 98.50
- ≥ 95.00
N-methylaniline Market, by Application
- Coupling Solvents
Global N-methylaniline Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.