Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market – Introduction
- A multi-stage turbine is a machine in which the expansion of steam or gas from its initial pressure to final pressure and the conversion of thermal energy into mechanical work takes place in a number of stages rather than in one stage. Each stage essentially consists of elementary turbine, fixed guide vanes, and moving rotor blades. The steam or gas in a multi-stage turbine expands on the guide vanes and the kinetic energy is converted to turn the turbine’s rotor. Kinetic energy uses rotor blades for getting converted. This is how a multi-stage turbine works, converting various kinds of energies for power generation. Multi-stage turbine generators used today produce approximately 85% of the electricity in the United States.
Applications in various industries
- Dependable, versatile, and multi-stage turbo-machinery are essential for today’s refineries, chemical processes, and industrial applications. Efficiency and dependability are primary considerations due to the high cost of energy conversion and high feedstock prices. Multi- stage turbine machinery are designed to drive industrial machinery and have applications in industrial machinery and components such as compressors, blowers, fans, pumps, and power generators. Multi-stage turbines allow operations under high speeds and/or wide speed ranges. The turbines provide reliability and high efficiencies which make them a key element for successful mechanical drive or power generation services.
Suitable for pressure, adequate heat & temperature driving demand
- Multi-stage turbines are suitable for steam pressure, temperature, and steam consumption required for various industrial plants. Turbine casings are designed to perform under a wide array of operating conditions and can handle steam and temperature conditions to 2,200 psig (152 barg) and 1,019 F (548 C). The typical casing for a multi-stage turbine consists of a cast high-pressure steam chest and adequate heat is produced to move the turbine. The velocity of steam or gas is moderate since only a portion of the available pressure and heat differential is used in each stage. This makes good efficiency of multi-stage turbines at a low speed.
North America to Dominate the Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market
- The global multi-stage turbine market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global multi-stage turbine market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace due to significant use of turbines in power generation, growing demand for high-speed and condensing multi-stage turbines, and increase in end-use industries such as oil & gas, shipping, and automotive in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to industrialization, high output received, adequate pressure and temperature applied using multi-stage turbines, and are extensively used in industry sectors such as paper, sugar, steel, chemical, and nuclear plants in China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia, which is projected to drive the demand for multi-stage turbines.
Key Players Operating in the Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market
Major players operating in the global multi-stage turbine market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as Andritz AG, Baker Hughes Company, GE, and Siemens are focusing on producing multi-stage turbines which can generate greater amount of electricity.
Key players operating in the global multi-stage turbine market include:
- Andritz AG
- Baker Hughes Company
- NCON Turbo Tech Pvt
- Elliott Group
- Shin Nippon Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Ashoka Machine Tools Corporation
- HYUNDAI HEAVY INDUSTRIES TURBOMACHINERY Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market – Research Scope
Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market, by Type
Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market, by Power
- 2000-5000 kW
- 5000-8000 kW
- 8000-11000 kW
- Above 11000 k W
Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market, by Price Range
Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market, by End-use
- Pulp & Paper
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Others (Nuclear, etc.)
Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
Global Multi-Stage Turbine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.