Modified Wood Market: The sustainable material
- Wood has been used as a major material for a wide variety of applications in various end-use industries due to its structural strength and ecofriendly nature. However, wood does possess certain disadvantages, such as lack of resistance to fire and inability to withstand high moisture, which restricts its usage.
- It the recent years wood modification technology has witnessed major advancements. Companies have invested in research and development to overcome the shortcomings of wood. Modified wood is the result of one such technological development. Modified wood is wood that has been treated chemically or physically to alter its properties or characteristics. Various new modified wood products are presently readily available. These products offer enhanced durability and improved performance.
- Modified wood is extensively utilized in residential and commercial applications. These applications include decking, railing, staircase, and fencing.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Increasing focus towards environmental sustainability is anticipated to boost the demand for modified wood market
- Wood construction materials are eco-friendly and have low carbon emissions as compared to other construction materials such as steel and concrete. The manufacturing process of steel and concrete is also energy intensive and leads to the emission of a large amount of carbon. Rise in focus on environmental sustainability across the globe is providing significant opportunity to the modified wood market across the globe.
- Rise in investment in building & construction in developed countries and extensive usage of modified wood in commercial construction are key factors augmenting the modified wood market. This is further encouraging companies to increase production of modified woods. Additionally, easy availability of raw materials is anticipated to boost the demand for modified wood in the near future.
- Rising demand for wooden decks in various residential and commercial projects due to excellent appearance and low maintenance coupled with environment friendly nature is driving the global modified wood market. Moreover, rising efforts taken by governments across the globe to reduce carbon emissions and hazardous air pollutants caused from usage of other construction materials is prompting manufacturers to develop construction materials that possess low environmental hazard. All these factors are driving the global modified wood market
Residential and commercial segment to offer attractive opportunities
- Modified wood as a construction material is gaining momentum in residential applications. It is used in to make decking, claddings, exterior fencings and various other interior applications.
- Rising urbanization and FDI investment in the building & construction sector, typically in Japan, China, and South Korea, is likely to offer significant opportunity to the manufacturers of modified wood in the near future
- Rising demand for modified wood for exterior fencing applications in commercial construction sector and increasing demand for modified wood for interior decoration applications in the residential construction sector is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the modified wood market.
Intense competition from counterparts and high flammability to hamper market
- Modified wood faces intense competition from its counterparts, such as engineered wood, in applications where high strength is required. These materials cost less and possess similar physical and aesthetic appeal as of modified wood which may hinder market’s growth during the forecast period
- Modified wood also faces intense competition from other materials such as steel, aluminum, and concrete. These materials have a longer lifespan as compared to wood materials. Thus, it is anticipated to hinder the modified wood market.
- Modified wood is highly flammable liquid and hence, it has to be stored in a controlled environment. Additionally, chemically modified wood, such as wood modified with creosote oil, can cause chemical bleeding, which may be toxic to the surroundings. These issues associated with chemically treated modified wood are anticipated to restrain the modified wood market.
North America expected to be the growth driver in the global modified wood market
- In terms of region, the global modified wood market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is a leading consumer of modified wood, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Rising demand for wood claddings in U.S., Canada, and U.K. expected to create high demand for modified wood during the forecast period. Additionally, rising demand for wooden decking in the building & construction industry across developing countries of Asia Pacific, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to offer considerable opportunity to the manufacturers of modified wood operating in the region.
- Rising FDI investment in the construction industry in developing countries of Asia Pacific is also likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Rising demand for eco-friendly building materials for residential applications, such as interior, decking, cladding, and fencing, is driving the demand for modified wood in North America and Europe.
- Rising import of modified wood in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, due to its excellent aesthetic appeal and eco-friendly nature, is likely to boost its demand in both regions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Modified Wood Market here
Key players operating in the modified wood market
The global modified wood market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 10% to 15% share of the global market. Key players operating in the modified wood market include
- Titan Wood Limited
- WTT A/S
- Kärävä Oy
- Luxhammar Corporation
- Sunset Moulding Company
- LIGNIA Wood Company Limited
- The Sansin Corporation
- L. JOHNSON LUMBER MFG. CO.
- Arbor Wood Company
- Northland Forest Products
- Bailey Wood Products
- SIA REK
- Kebony AS
Global Modified Wood Market: Research Scope
Global Modified Wood Market, by Type
- Thermally Modified
- Chemically Modified
Global Modified Wood Market, by End-use
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.