Metal Extraction Solvents Market: Overview
- Metal extract solvents are organic solvents used as extractants to extract metals and organic contaminants from soil
- Extraction solvent is mixed with contaminated soil in an extraction unit. The solution then is passed over a separator. Extractants and contaminants are separated from the soil. Metals are then extracted along with the targeted organic contaminants.
- Metal extraction solvents are used to extract rare earth metals as well as heavy metals
Rise in Demand for Extraction of Heavy Metals to Drive Metal Extraction Solvents Market
- Companies need to recycle waste containing heavy metals in an environment-friendly and economically profitable way. Industrial waste generated form television, cellphones, computers, permanent magnets, and tablet manufacturing industry contains rare earth metals. Waste containing rare earth metals is a key concern for companies. Scarcity of rare earth metals is a key factor driving the need of recycling and extraction of rare earth metals form industrial waste. This is boosting the demand for metal extraction solvents across the globe.
- Increase in environmental regulations related to heavy metal waste recycling is also augmenting the metal extraction solvents market
- The global industrial shutdown and disruption in manufacturing activities caused by the COVID-19 have hampered the global metal extraction solvents market. The industrial shutdown has affected waste generation and ultimately the recycling of waste. In turn, this has adversely affected the consumption of metal extraction solvents.
- Disruption in supply of raw materials has led to a shortage of raw materials. This has increased the prices of raw materials. The downstream supply chain is expected to take longer for deliveries. The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered.
Chlorine Solution Product Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on product type, the global metal extraction solvents market can be segmented into chlorine solution, cyanide solutions, sulfuric acid solution, turpentine, and others
- The chlorine solution segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period
Copper Metal Type Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on metal type, the metal extraction solvents market can be divided into gold and silver, copper, nickel, uranium, cobalt and zinc, manganese and vanadium, and others
- The copper segment is expected to dominate the metal extraction solvents market during the forecast period
- Growth in consumer electronics sector is anticipated to boost the demand for metal extraction solvents during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Metal Extraction Solvents Market
- In terms of region, the global metal extraction solvents market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, due to the presence of key manufacturers as well as consumers in the regional market
- Expansion of the manufacturing sector in Asia Pacific is likely to boost the metal extraction solvents market in the region in the near future
- North America is also estimated to hold key share of the global metal extraction solvents market during the forecast period
Key Players in Market
The global metal extraction solvents market is moderately consolidated, with the presence of regional and global manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the market are adopting strategies such as acquisition, product launch, and merger to maintain their leading position. Key players are investing in technological developments in order to maintain their leading position.
Major players operating in the global metal extraction solvents market include:
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- SGS Group
Global Metal Extraction Solvents Market: Research Scope
Global Metal Extraction Solvents Market, by Product Type
- Chlorine Solution
- Cyanide Solution
- Sulfuric Acid Solution
- Others (Including Amines)
Global Metal Extraction Solvents Market, by Metal Type
- Gold and Silver
- Cobalt and Zinc
- Manganese and Vanadium
- Others (Manganese, Vanadium, Niobium, Tantalum, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.