Melamine Cyanurate Market: Overview
- Melamine cyanurate (C6H9N9O3) is also known as melamine-cyanuric acid or melamine-cyanuric acid complex. It is a salt of cyanuric acid and melamine. Melamine cyanurate is a crystalline complex formed from a 1:1 mixture of cyanuric acid and melamine.
- It possesses high thermal stability than pure melamine. Melamine cyanurate remains stable up to around 320°C; as a result, it is applied in polymers with higher processing temperatures.
- At a temperature above 320°C, melamine cyanurate undergoes endothermic decomposition to form cyanuric acid and melamine
- Melamine cyanurate is a nitrogen series flame retardant. It is available in powder and granular form.
- The toxic gases and smoke density of polymers can be reduced without generating hydrogen halide gas, with addition of melamine cyanurate
Rise in Demand for Melamine Cyanurate in Automotive and Construction Industries
- Increase in application of melamine cyanurate in manufacture of flame retardants, which are widely used in automotive, building & construction, and electrical & electronics industries, is a key factors drive the global melamine cyanurate market
- Melamine cyanurate is one of the major organic nitrogen compounds used as halogen free flame retardant. Rise in demand for halogen-free flame retardants is one of the prominent factor driving the global melamine cyanurate market. Increase in demand for non-flammable lightweight materials in automotive and electrical & electronics industries is estimated to drive the demand for melamine cyanurate as flame retardants.
- Expansion of the construction industry in emerging economies, including China, India, and Brazil, owing to the increase in residential construction is expected to boost the global melamine cyanurate market during the forecast period
- Fluctuation in prices of raw materials is likely to hamper the global melamine cyanurate market in the near future
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
0.996 Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global melamine cyanurate market can be segmented into 0.996, 0.999, and others
- 0.996 is estimated to be the fastest growing segment of the global melamine cyanurate market during the forecast period
- Melamine cyanurate is widely used in the manufacture of halogen-free flame-retardants. These flame retardants are used to manufacture mineral-filled and unfilled polyamides, used in electrical and electronics applications.
Flame Retardant Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the melamine cyanurate market can be divided into flame retardant, lubricant, pore agents, and others
- The flame retardant segment holds major share of the global melamine cyanurate market, led by the rise in demand for halogen-free flame retardants in the automotive industry. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
- The lubricant segment also holds vital share of the global melamine cyanurate market. It is followed by the pore agents segment.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Melamine Cyanurate Market
- In terms of region, the global melamine cyanurate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold significant share of the global melamine cyanurate market in the near future. Growth in automotive sector in countries in Asia Pacific, including China and India, is anticipated to drive the melamine cyanurate market across the region.
- Expansion of electrical & electronics industry and the construction sector in Asia Pacific is likely to boost the melamine cyanurate market in the region
- North America is also anticipated to hold key share of the global melamine cyanurate market during the forecast period
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players in Market
The global melamine cyanurate market was highly fragmented in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global melamine cyanurate market seek to enter into partnership agreements for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global melamine cyanurate market include:
- Nissan Chemical
- Shouguang Puer Chemical
- Hangzhou Sartort Chemical
- Hefei TNJ Chemical
- Hangzhou JLS Flame Retardants Chemical
- GO YEN Chemical Industrial
- Shandong Look Chemical
- Hainan Zhongxin Chemical
- Shandong Tianxin Chemical
Global Melamine Cyanurate Market: Research Scope
Global Melamine Cyanurate Market, by Type
Global Melamine Cyanurate Market, by Application
- Flame Retardant
- Pore Agents
Global Melamine Cyanurate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.