Marine Hawser: Introduction
- Marine hawsers are made of synthetic or natural fiber and are mainly used for warping, mooring, and towing cargo ships to the dock. Mooring is for the safety of vessels and protection of ships and to preserve the capabilities of the marine vessel and nearby facilities. Marine hawsers are used for loading and unloading of ship cargo, ship storage, and for other auxiliary purposes.
- The global marine hawser market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increased demand for marine hawsers mainly in emerging countries across Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa which are showing significant growth in trading activities through the sea route.
Key Drivers of the Global Marine Hawser Market
- Increasing trading activities across the globe and growing demand for vessels are the major drivers of the marine hawser market. Growing number of shipments in several emerging countries and rising seaborne trade are fueling the global marine hawser market. Several developing countries are increasing their investment in development of sea ports to boost their trade volume. According to a report published by International Chamber of Shipping, approximately 90% of the world’s trade is seaborne as these routes are convenient for heavy and bulk goods transport, and ships also have large capacity for transportation which reduces the logistics cost.
- Product development and technological advancement in marine hawsers to increase its sustainability and strength is also expected to encourage the global demand in the coming years. Increasing merchant trade is a highly supportive factor for marine hawser manufacturers. Additionally, sea transport is an efficient and eco-friendly method of transportation which also surges sea trade activities, along with increasing awareness about carbon footprints and increasing the demand for eco-friendly transportation. This is also anticipated to surge the growth of the global marine hawser market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing trading activities anticipated to offer attractive opportunities for marine hawser manufacturers
- Growing population, and rising industrialization and urbanization across several emerging countries is encouraging international trading activities. Favorable government policies and trade agreements are major supportive factors boosting trade. The South China Sea carries around one third of global sea trade. Growing consumer and industrial goods market in several Southeast Asian countries is leading to significant growth in sea transport. Thus, advancing trade activities and sea transportation in Asia Pacific and Africa is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for marine hawser manufacturers in future.
Asia Pacific to Hold and Retain Major Share of the Global Marine Hawser Market during the Forecast Period
- Asia Pacific dominated the global marine hawser market and is anticipated to maintain its dominance in future. Increasing trading activities in countries across Asia Pacific due to rising industrialization, and growing population and urbanization is surging the demand for port equipment including marine hawsers. Also, supportive government policies and initiatives in these countries is accelerating the development of port infrastructure.
- Europe and North America hold significant share in the global marine hawser market owing to substantial share in global trading activities and adoption of several expansion and development programs pertaining to port infrastructure by regional governments, which is encouraging the growth of the marine equipment market. Major producers of marine hawsers provide an innovative range of products with technological advancement which is also anticipated to boost demand further.
- Substantial growth in construction and infrastructure activities in Middle East & Africa, and South America is expected to boost the demand for marine hawsers during the forecast period. Increasing number of trade agreements and growing demand for crude oil is also surging trade in these countries which is an encouraging factor for marine hawser manufacturers.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global marine hawser market is fragmented with several small and medium scale manufacturers. Major players in the global market account for approximately 15%–20% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global marine hawser market are:
- WireCo® WorldGroup
- Denver Rope.
- TEHO Ropes & Supplies Pte Ltd
- Atlantic Cordage
- Canel & Sohn company
- Bexco nv-sa
- EuroRope Marine
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Marine Hawser Market, Request for a Sample
Global Marine Hawser Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Hawser Market, by Material
- Others (Megaflex, Spectra etc.)
Global Marine Hawser Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Marine Hawser Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.