- Lubricant is a substance that reduces friction between two surfaces after coming in mutual contact with the surfaces. Mining and energy lubricants refer to its usage in mining and energy manufacturing machines such as hydraulic system, turbines, and compressors.
- Based on characteristics of lubricants to be circulated, energy and mining lubricants can be classified into mineral oil lubricants, synthetic lubricants, and bio based mining lubricants. Bio-based lubricants are used because of environmental concern, as there is an increase in pollution caused by numerous chemicals including lubricants.
- Mineral oil lubricants are widely utilized in energy and mining industries, as it is less expensive than bio-based and synthetic lubricants and provides more working benefits
Key Drivers and restraints of Lubricants for Energy & Mining Market
- Rise in investment in exploration & production of mineral reserves, primarily in Africa, is expected to drive the lubricants for energy and mining market. According to INTER PRESS SERVICE (IPS) news agency, the continent holds about 30% of the world’s total mineral reserve including higher share of diamond, vanadium, manganese, and coal reserves.
- Increase in demand for electricity has fueled the focus of power generation giants to expand production and maximize their capacities, driving the demand for lubricants, as lubricant is used in machines to optimize their efficiency and reduce maintenance cost. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the lubricants for energy and mining industry market.
- Increase in focus to reduce overall maintenance cost of processing equipment is anticipated to propel the demand for lubricants in the energy and mining industry. The lubricant offers various properties, such as high viscosity index, corrosion resistant, high melting point, and resistance to oxidation, in order to decrease maintenance cost and to increase machine life. This is further anticipated to propel the lubricants for energy and mining market.
- Instability in government policies regarding mining and energy industries, environmental norms, and fluctuation in prices of raw material may act as a restraint for the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Governments of various countries have imposed nationwide lockdowns as part of measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 pandemic. During the lockdown several restrictions have been placed on movement of individuals during the lockdown. Furthermore, economic activities have come to a halt impacting the mining and energy production activities.
- Manufacturing of lubricants having characteristics such as high boiling point and high viscosity needs production facilities but due to restrictions on industrial activities and absence of workers, in order to limit the spread of coronavirus, has negatively impacted the investment of investors. This, in turn, is expected to hamper the demand of lubricants for the energy and mining industry.
Key Development in Lubricants for Energy & Mining Market
- In October 2017, an annual congress was held by Union of European Lubricants Industry (UEIL) for discussing on importance of innovation in lubricants. The discussion mainly focused on frameworks such as lubricants formulation for enhancing performance.
Asia Pacific to Account for Significant Share of Lubricants for Energy & Mining Market
- The global lubricants for energy and mining market can be segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- The lubricants for energy and mining market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to the increase in investments in the development of lubricants and expansion of mining and energy activities in Indonesia, Mongolia, and Australia
- North America is also projected to hold large share of the global lubricants for mining and energy market during the forecast period, owing to the rise in technological innovation of lubricants to increase life of machineries
- The lubricants for energy and mining market in Europe is likely to expand at a stable pace, owing to the increase in the demand for bio-based lubricants in the region
- The lubricants for energy and mining industry market in Africa is anticipated to expand at rapid pace during the forecast period due to expansion of mining activities in Africa
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global lubricants for energy and mining market are:
- Total SE
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Chevron Corporation
- Perma-tec GmbH & Co. KG
- Quaker Chemical Corporation
- Idemitsu Kosan
- BP Lubricants Inc.
- Interlube Limited
Global Lubricants for Energy and Mining Market: Research Scope
Global Lubricants for Energy and Mining Market, by Type
- Bio-based Lubricants
- Mineral oil lubricants
- Synthetic lubricants
Global Lubricants for Energy and Mining Market, by end-use industry
- Coal Mining
- Iron ore Mining
- Precious Metal Mining
- Power Generation
Global Marine Pump Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.