Lithium citrate is a major chemical ingredient used in mood stabilizing drugs manufactured around the globe. It is a water-soluble, granular, white, crystalline powder which also dissolves slightly in alcohol. Lithium citrate is prepared as a solution from citric acid and lithium hydroxide in the form of di-lithium citrate. It is commonly employed in specific medications for people suffering mania, depression, and abnormal moods classified under a mental illness termed as the bipolar disorder. Lithium, as an element, is also found in primary food sources such as vegetables, grains, and drinking water. It is a vital macronutrient needed for proper functioning of the brain. However, lithium deficiency is not yet acknowledged around the world. Medical studies have proved that low lithium intakes from food and water is associated with increasing rates of homicides, suicides, drug abuse, and other crimes.
According to the National Institute of Health, lithium medications are effectively used for treatment and possibly prevention of mania, which is often described as an abnormally excited or depressed mood. Lithium citrate is defined as an anti-manic agent in a class of drugs, which work by decreasing abnormal activity in the brain. Medication is generally a long-term process and often also prescribed for impulse control disorders, schizophrenia, blood disorders, schizoaffective disorders, and mental illnesses in children. Dosage is strictly monitored and the prescribed dose varies from one person to another, depending on the phase of the illness. Generally, bipolar disorder is treated with other additional drugs, resulting in varying dosages of lithium citrate.
Lithium citrate is generally used in the form of liquids syrups, capsules, tablets, and extended-release tablets and consumed orally. These medications may also lead to side effects. Regular blood tests are recommended to check thyroid or kidney functioning which could be affected. Usage of lithium citrate should also be avoided during pregnancy. Common symptoms of lithium citrate toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, muscular weakness, drowsiness, and lack of coordination. Mild nausea and general discomfort may also be observed during the first few days of medication. Lithium citrate is extensively employed in a variety of processes carried out in the pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements, and medical drug research industries as also to maintain healthy brain functioning in humans.
The increasing demand for lithium citrate in various psychotropic drugs and diuretics is driving the global market for lithium citrate. The rising incidence of mental disorders, neutropenia, and symptoms of mental depression around the globe as well as decreasing nutritional value of food products result in demand for the addition of nutritional value to dietary products and subsequently to lithium citrate. However, competition from other organic chemicals, side-effects of the drugs, development of generic ingredients, and escalating prices of lithium citrate all around the world are major restraints for the market.
Developed regions such as North America and Europe are the top consumers of lithium citrate and its salts such as lithium citrate carbonate. Industries such as pharmaceuticals and food are utilizing it to improve the quality of their products. Southeast Asia is an expanding market which offers development potential for the lithium citrate market. Presently, Brazil is the leading supplier of lithium and its salts, followed by India, North America, and Europe.
Key producers of lithium citrate include Talison Lithium Limited, Nemaska Lithium Inc., Sociedad Quimica y Minera, Orocobre Limited, Quinghai Lithium, Citic Guoan MGL, and SQM Ltd. The burgeoning pharmaceutical industry and growing cases of mental disorders have propelled this market, leading to increased development and consumption of psychotropic drugs.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.