Laminar Composites Market: Overview
- Laminar composites are two dimensional panels or sheets. They are composite materials containing two or more layers of diverse materials, which are bonded together.
- Laminar composites are manufactured through different processes including brazing, explosive bonding, coextrusion, and roll bonding
- Laminar composite are used to manufacture bi-metallics, clad metal, fall ceiling, laminated glass, etc. Bi-metallics are laminar composites produced by assembling two strips of metal with different thermal expansion coefficients.
Rise in Application of Laminar Composites in Automotive Industry to Drive Market
- Increase in application of composites in manufacture of lightweight vehicles is driving the global laminar composites market. Laminar composites are preferred in the manufacture of lightweight vehicles due to their properties such as weight saving, corrosive resistance, fuel efficiency, and higher strength.
- Rise in research and development activities to produce low cost and innovative laminar composite end-products is projected to provide lucrative opportunities for the global laminar composites market
- Production of laminar composites has been adversely affected by the industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. Disruption of international transportation and supply of raw materials has hampered the full-scale manufacturing operations. The supply shortage has led to a hike in prices of laminar composites. Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted the global laminar composites market.
Brazing Manufacturing Process Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on manufacturing process, the global laminar composites market can be segmented into brazing, coextrusion, explosive bonding, roll bonding, and others
- The brazing segment dominated the global laminar composites market in 2020. The segment is projected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. The brazing process comprises joining of two or more metal items through melting and flowing a filler metal into the joint. The adjoining metal has higher melting point than the filler metal.
Laminated Glass Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the global laminar composites market can be divided bi-metallics, clad metal, laminated glass, fall ceiling, and others
- The laminated glass segment dominated the global laminar composites market in 2020. The segment is projected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be ascribed to the increase in consumption of laminated glass composites in automotive and construction industries.
Buildings & Construction End-use Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on end-use, the global laminar composites market can be classified into aerospace, automotive, buildings & construction, electrical & electronics, sports, and others
- The building & construction segment dominated the global laminar composites market in 2020. Laminar composites are widely used in restoration of existing structures. Increase in demand for composites in the construction industry due to its properties such as high esthetics, low weight, and increased stiffness is driving the global laminar composites market.
- Significant growth of the building & construction industry in developing countries is expected to boost the demand for laminar composites during the forecast period
North America to Constitute Significant Share of Global Laminar Composites Market
- In terms of region, the global laminar composites market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold significant share of the global laminar composites market in the near future. The U.S. represents major market for laminar composites in North America.
- Increase in demand for composites in construction and automotive sectors due to their superior performance is driving the laminar composites market in North America
- Growth of the lightweight vehicle market in Asia Pacific is driving the demand for laminar composites in the region. Increase in consumption of composites in the building & construction industry is also projected to boost the laminar composites market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global laminar composites market was moderately consolidated with the presence of key international and domestic manufacturers in 2020. Prominent players operating in the global laminar composites market adopt strategies such as partnership agreements, new product development, and research & development to maintain their share in the global market.
Prominent players operating in the global laminar composites market include:
- Mitsubishi Rayon
- Toray Industries
- Evonik Industries
- Ten Cate
- SGL Group
- Nippon Carbon
- 3A Composites
Global Laminar Composites Market: Research Scope
Global Laminar Composites Market, by Manufacturing Process
- Explosive Bonding
- Roll Bonding
Global Laminar Composites Market, by Application
- Clad Metal
- Laminated Glass
- Fall Ceiling
Global Laminar Composites Market, by End-use
- Buildings & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Laminar Composites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.