Kinesitherapy Market - Introduction
Kinesitherapy is the therapeutic treatment of disease by passive and active muscular movements. It improves muscle function, endurance, and joint function through yoga, massages, and exercise. It is considered to be a well-established therapy. This therapy is mostly hands-on massage. According to Mark Balchunas, the activity coordinator of the Association Québécoise Des Thérapeutes Naturels, kinesitherapy can help many people with various concerns such as physical body tension, stress and anxiety, muscle and joint pain and stiffness, circulation, sleep issues, chronic sports injuries, migraines, etc.
Kinesitherapy Market - Drivers, Retrains, Trends
- Rising prevalence of chronic illnesses as well as an increasing geriatric population is driving the kinesitherapy market. According to the Population Reference Bureau, the global geriatric population is rapidly rising; by 2050, persons aged 65 and more would account for 16% of the worldwide population. In 1990, 31 million people in the U.S. were 65 or older; by 2020, the senior population has increased to 54 million people, and by 2050, one in every five people in the U.S. would be over 65. Rapid increase in the geriatric population causes a significant increase in the incidence of chronic illnesses globally.
- Furthermore, a rise in the prevalence of sports injuries, degenerative joint diseases, and cerebrovascular illness is projected to drive the market in the next few years
- Changes in healthcare insurance policy and coverage have a significant impact on individuals' out-of-pocket expenditures. This may result in service variations and have an influence on the quality of treatment delivered. The disparity in coverage across and among government and commercial payers frequently forces patients to pay out of cash. Patients may be required to pay a co-pay, co-insurance, facility fees, and a large deductible until co-insurance kicks in. Co-pays for therapy services can be as high as US$ 75 each visit. These expenses can limit patients' access to treatments, resulting in cases where patients do not receive therapy and others who are unable to return to work or engage in everyday activities.
- However, a lack of knowledge and access to rehabilitation treatments in emerging economies is also projected to hamper the market
- Likewise, a shortage of skilled personnel and alternative therapies such as acupuncture are a few factors restraining the market
- Hospital beds, healthcare providers, and basic medical equipment are in limited supply. This is putting pressure on hospitals and other care institutions to hire more healthcare personnel. Consequently, a large number of physiotherapists and other healthcare experts have been dispatched.
- The COVID-19 pandemic prompted governments across the world to declare country-wide lockdowns as well as social distancing measures to prevent healthcare systems from collapsing. Medical treatments and elective operations have also been restricted or prohibited by governments. These constraints have hampered the demand for kinesitherapy.
Europe to Capture Major Share of Global Kinesitherapy Market
Europe held a prominent share of the global kinesitherapy market in 2020 owing to supportive government measures for safe patient management, an ageing population, and a high burden of chronic diseases in the region. The market in Asia Pacific, on the other hand, is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is due to a rise in incidence of chronic diseases, increased venture capital investments, the availability of technologically sophisticated goods, and the strategic growth of market participants in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Kinesitherapy Market are
- Invacare Corporation
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Hill-Rom Services Inc.
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Carex Health Brands, Inc.
- GF Health Products, Inc.
- Etac AB
- Prism Medical UK
- Sunrise Medical
- Antano Group
Global Kinesitherapy Market: Research Scope
Global Kinesitherapy Market, by Product
- Daily Living Aids
- Reading, Writing, & Computing Aids
- Bathroom & Toilet Assist Devices
- Medical Beds
- Other Daily Living Aids such as (Dining Aids, Seating and Positioning Products, Grooming and Dressing Aids, & Furniture Accessories)
- Walking Assist Devices
- Mobility Equipment
- Wheelchairs & Scooters
- Power Wheelchairs
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Mobility Scooters
- Body Support Devices
- Patient Lifts
- Other Body Support Devices include( Air-assisted Lateral Transfer Mattresses, Support Straps, Sliding Sheets, Orthopaedic aids, & Accessories)
- Exercise Equipment
- Upper Body Exercise Equipment
- Lower Body Exercise Equipment
- Full Body Exercise Equipment
- Therapy Equipment
Global Kinesitherapy Market, by Application
- Physical Rehabilitation & Training
- Occupational Rehabilitation & Training
- Strength, Endurance, & Pain Reduction
Global Kinesitherapy Market, by End-user
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Physiotherapy Centers
- Home Care Settings
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Other End Users include (Community Health Clinics, nursing homes & Elderly Care Facilities)
Global Kinesitherapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.