Kinesitherapy Market - Introduction
Kinesitherapy is the therapeutic treatment of disease by passive and active muscular movements. It improves muscle function, endurance, and joint function through yoga, massages, and exercise. It is considered to be a well-established therapy. This therapy is mostly hands-on massage. According to Mark Balchunas, the activity coordinator of the Association Québécoise Des Thérapeutes Naturels, kinesitherapy can help many people with various concerns such as physical body tension, stress and anxiety, muscle and joint pain and stiffness, circulation, sleep issues, chronic sports injuries, migraines, etc.
Kinesitherapy Market - Drivers, Retrains, Trends
- Rising prevalence of chronic illnesses as well as an increasing geriatric population is driving the kinesitherapy market. According to the Population Reference Bureau, the global geriatric population is rapidly rising; by 2050, persons aged 65 and more would account for 16% of the worldwide population. In 1990, 31 million people in the U.S. were 65 or older; by 2020, the senior population has increased to 54 million people, and by 2050, one in every five people in the U.S. would be over 65. Rapid increase in the geriatric population causes a significant increase in the incidence of chronic illnesses globally.
- Furthermore, a rise in the prevalence of sports injuries, degenerative joint diseases, and cerebrovascular illness is projected to drive the market in the next few years
- Changes in healthcare insurance policy and coverage have a significant impact on individuals' out-of-pocket expenditures. This may result in service variations and have an influence on the quality of treatment delivered. The disparity in coverage across and among government and commercial payers frequently forces patients to pay out of cash. Patients may be required to pay a co-pay, co-insurance, facility fees, and a large deductible until co-insurance kicks in. Co-pays for therapy services can be as high as US$ 75 each visit. These expenses can limit patients' access to treatments, resulting in cases where patients do not receive therapy and others who are unable to return to work or engage in everyday activities.
- However, a lack of knowledge and access to rehabilitation treatments in emerging economies is also projected to hamper the market
- Likewise, a shortage of skilled personnel and alternative therapies such as acupuncture are a few factors restraining the market
- Hospital beds, healthcare providers, and basic medical equipment are in limited supply. This is putting pressure on hospitals and other care institutions to hire more healthcare personnel. Consequently, a large number of physiotherapists and other healthcare experts have been dispatched.
- The COVID-19 pandemic prompted governments across the world to declare country-wide lockdowns as well as social distancing measures to prevent healthcare systems from collapsing. Medical treatments and elective operations have also been restricted or prohibited by governments. These constraints have hampered the demand for kinesitherapy.
Europe to Capture Major Share of Global Kinesitherapy Market
Europe held a prominent share of the global kinesitherapy market in 2020 owing to supportive government measures for safe patient management, an ageing population, and a high burden of chronic diseases in the region. The market in Asia Pacific, on the other hand, is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is due to a rise in incidence of chronic diseases, increased venture capital investments, the availability of technologically sophisticated goods, and the strategic growth of market participants in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Kinesitherapy Market are
- Invacare Corporation
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Hill-Rom Services Inc.
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Carex Health Brands, Inc.
- GF Health Products, Inc.
- Etac AB
- Prism Medical UK
- Sunrise Medical
- Antano Group
Global Kinesitherapy Market: Research Scope
Global Kinesitherapy Market, by Product
- Daily Living Aids
- Reading, Writing, & Computing Aids
- Bathroom & Toilet Assist Devices
- Medical Beds
- Other Daily Living Aids such as (Dining Aids, Seating and Positioning Products, Grooming and Dressing Aids, & Furniture Accessories)
- Walking Assist Devices
- Mobility Equipment
- Wheelchairs & Scooters
- Power Wheelchairs
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Mobility Scooters
- Body Support Devices
- Patient Lifts
- Other Body Support Devices include( Air-assisted Lateral Transfer Mattresses, Support Straps, Sliding Sheets, Orthopaedic aids, & Accessories)
- Exercise Equipment
- Upper Body Exercise Equipment
- Lower Body Exercise Equipment
- Full Body Exercise Equipment
- Therapy Equipment
Global Kinesitherapy Market, by Application
- Physical Rehabilitation & Training
- Occupational Rehabilitation & Training
- Strength, Endurance, & Pain Reduction
Global Kinesitherapy Market, by End-user
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Physiotherapy Centers
- Home Care Settings
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Other End Users include (Community Health Clinics, nursing homes & Elderly Care Facilities)
Global Kinesitherapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!