Isocetyl Alcohol Market: Highlights
- Isocetyl alcohol belongs to the family of guerbet alcohols (high molecular weight of saturated primary alcohols with branch of the carbon chain). As the alkyl chains are linear, isocetyl alcohol features low viscosity, biodegradability, clarity, and thermostability. Isocetyl alcohol is a primary, branched, and saturated alcohol of high molecular weight. It exhibits properties of low irritation potential, low freezing point, low volatility, superior reactivity, and good lubrication. It is also highly oxidative and hydrolytic, and offers better stability over unsaturated or linear alcohols containing the same number of carbon atoms.
- Guerbet alcohols with chain lengths up to C24 are clear liquids at 0oC temperatures, whereas they are solids (white wax) with unique melting points from C28. They are used as raw materials in cosmetics and drug delivery industries. They are also used in a wide range of personal care and cosmetic products.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Isocetyl Alcohol Market
Growth in the personal care & cosmetic industry across the globe is expected to drive the isocetyl alcohol market during the forecast period. Personal care & cosmetic is considered one of the fastest-growing industries In Europe in terms of production and export. The personal care industry supports more than 2 million jobs, including direct, indirect, and induced economic activity. More than 206,800 people were employed directly, and a further 1.65 million were employed indirectly in the cosmetics value chain in Europe in 2019.
- Majority of 500 million consumers in Europe use cosmetic and personal care products every day to protect their health, enhance well-being, and boost their self-esteem. These range from antiperspirants, fragrances, and make-up and shampoos to soaps, sunscreens, and toothpastes. Thus, cosmetics play an essential role in all stages of life and have important functional and emotional benefits.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Isocetyl Alcohol Market: End-use Segment
- Based on end-use, the global isocetyl alcohol market can be segmented into cosmetics, personal care, and others
- The cosmetics segment is projected to account for major share of the global isocetyl alcohol market by 2027
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, the personal care segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period.
- In terms of demand, the others segments is anticipated to expand at a moderate to high pace during the forecast period
Europe to be Key Region of Global Isocetyl Alcohol Market
- In terms of region, the global isocetyl alcohol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Consumption of isocetyl alcohol is much higher in Europe compared to that other regions.
- In terms of demand, Europe holds significant share of the market. It is followed by North America and Asia Pacific.
- Germany is the prominent country for isocetyl alcohol in Europe. It accounted for major share of the market in terms of volume and value in 2018. France also held significant share of the isocetyl alcohol market in 2018. Increase in usage of isocetyl alcohol in personal care and cosmetic products is projected to drive the market in the country in the near future.
- North America also held vital share of the global isocetyl alcohol market in 2018. Superior end-use industry growth and increase in number of domestic players are factors driving the market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Global Isocetyl Alcohol Market: Research Scope
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global isocetyl alcohol market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Stearinerie Dubois
- Alzo International
- Jeen International
- Berg & Schmidt
- Ashland Specialty Chemical
Global Isocetyl Alcohol Market, by End-use
- Personal Care
Global Isocetyl Alcohol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.