Interactive Television (ITV) System: Introduction
- Interactive television (ITV) system is an integration of internet services with television systems to provide two-way communication using feedback channels with the help of a set-top box.
- Interactive television (ITV) systems are connected to the internet to provide a return path using broadband IP connection or by installation of the application on the set-top box to transfer the information from users to service providers.
- ITV systems enable the transfer of high-definition videos, texts, images, and audio files using mixed transmission via the internet and traditional broadcast, allowing uninterrupted entertainment and access to information.
- ITV systems integrated with a high-speed internet connection can be utilized for on-demand entertainment and managing the office work during work from home.
- Interactive television (ITV) systems are gaining popularity due to a rise in digitization and an increase in need for consumer-centric campaigns through user feedback collection and data-driven marketing.
- The global interactive television (ITV) system market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to an increase in demand for interactive engagement platforms.
Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market: Dynamics
Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market: Key Drivers
- Increase in demand for interactive learning to provide quality education in a safe environment during the COVID pandemic is projected to drive the market for interactive television (ITV) systems channels across the globe
- Technological advancement in high-speed connectivity and easily accessible smart devices are key factors driving the market of interactive television (ITV) systems in developed countries
- Consumer shift toward online shopping has considerably increased the need for interactive advertising in order to obtain better consumer reach, which in turn is projected to boost the interactive television system market during the forecast period
- Development in AI-based user interface integrated with interactive television (ITV) system to create more responsive experience is likely to offer significant opportunities for the market in the next few years
- However, restricted mobility of traditional television poses a major challenge for the interactive television (ITV) system market, as users are preferring small-sized devices and easy-to-carry gadgets for content consumption
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market
- COVID-19 has had a positive impact on the interactive television (ITV) system market, as major consumer based in developing countries registered a shift toward online learning, e-commerce, and use of digital platforms for various operations. Several organizations are showing positive indications toward adopting a hybrid office model, where flexible working hours and work from home is becoming the new normal. This is anticipated to boost the market for interactive television (ITV) system, as it can be used to carry out various activities on a single system.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market
- In terms of region, the global interactive television (ITV) system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for a prominent share of the interactive television (ITV) systems market in 2020, owing to the presence of key market players and significant development in technology due to heavy R&D investment in the region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to gain a notable share of the global interactive television (ITV) system market during the forecast period due to a boost in the digital technology sector in countries such as India and China. Increasing disposable income among the working population in developing countries is also projected to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market: Competition Landscape
The market for interactive television (ITV) system is saturated in nature with a presence of major players across the globe. Prominent market players are investing heavily in R&D to expand the product portfolio and gain a competitive edge. Governments in developing countries are promoting IT development, which is expected to further boost the industry in those regions.
Key Players Operating in the Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market include:
- Apple Inc.
- LG Electronic
- MIRC Electronics Limited
- Samsung Electronics
- Sharp Corporation
- Skyworth Group Limited
- Sony Corporation
- TechniSat Digital GmbH
- Videocon Industries
Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market: Research Scope
Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market, by Product
- Normal Version
- Customized version
Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market, by Application
Global Interactive Television (ITV) System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!