Edge Data Center: Introduction
- Edge data center is a type of data center situated close to an organization, delivering faster services with minimal latency. Edge data centers easily deliver cloud computing resources and cached content to end-users. Edge data centers connect to a larger central data center or multiple data centers.
- Structured data and unstructured data is increasing at a rapid pace across the globe. Many data centers are currently at maximum capacity. Hence, data center operators require a technique or method to increase speed, channel bandwidth, reduce the latency, and improve the customer experience. This is likely to increase the demand for edge data centers during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Edge Data Center Market
Global Edge Data Center Market: Dynamics
Global Edge Data Center Market: Key Drivers
- Demand for enhancing the efficiency of content delivery among end-users is expected to create demand for edge data centers during the forecast period.
- Increase in adoption of emerging technologies such as Big Data, Internet of Things, cloud and streaming services, and 5G deployment by various sectors is estimated to boost the demand for edge data centers across the globe. This is primarily because adoption of these technologies creates huge amounts of data in the network, creating new computing and performance demands in the data center, which indirectly generates demand for edge data center solutions.
- Increasing demand from end-users to access devices, applications, services, and data from anywhere, anytime is anticipated to boost the edge data center market in the forthcoming years.
- Increasing mobile data traffic is a major factor projected to accelerate the global edge data center market in the next few years.
- Increasing investment by organizations for data center upgrades is also projected to augment the edge data center market in the upcoming years
- Rising demand to increase channel capacity, quality, and compatibility is also estimated to propel the global edge data center market during the forecast period.
- However, high maintenance costs of edge data centers is expected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Edge Data Center Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. COVID-19 has a positive impact on the edge data center market. Currently, people are focusing majorly on online activities such as e-commerce and using OTT platforms, which is anticipated to increase the data worldwide. Therefore, data centers are upgrading their capacity and increasing channel bandwidth to manage the huge amount of data. Hence, edge data centers help end-users to work more efficiently.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Edge Data Center Market
- In terms of region, the global edge data center market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominated the global edge data center market in 2019, due to increasing deployment and commercialization of 5G networks in the region. Increasing usage of online services and growing demand for agile IT infrastructure is anticipated to boost the edge data center market in the region.
- The edge data center market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rapid adoption of cloud computing and IoT in China, Japan, India, and South Korea, thus generating demand for edge data center equipment in the region.
Global Edge Data Center Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the edge data center market with strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the global edge data center market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Edge Data Center Market Include:
- 365 Operating Company LLC
- Eaton Corporation
- EdgeConneX, Inc.
- Flexential Corporation
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Company
- Hitachi Vantara
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- IBM Corporation
- Panduit Corporation
- Rittal GmbH & Co. KG
- Schneider Electric SA
- Vapor IO, Inc.
- Vertiv, Co.
- vXchnge Holdings, LLC
Global Edge Data Center Market: Research Scope
Global Edge Data Center Market, by Type
- Centralized Modules Type
- Disaggregated Modules Type
Global Edge Data Center Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Edge Data Center Market, by End-user
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Telecommunication and IT
- Media and Entertainment
- Transportation and Logistics
Global Edge Data Center Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.