5G RAN: Introduction
- A RAN (Radio Access Network) is part of a telecommunication system that attaches devices to supplementary parts of a network over radio connections. The RAN is a crucial element of wireless telecommunications and has gained importance through the generations of mobile networking leading up to 5G.
- Radio Access Network elements include an antenna and a base station that encompasses a specific region depending on core network and capacity including a RAN controller.
- The 5G RAN market is anticipated to grow significantly over the coming years. The growth of the market can be attributed to several factors such as rising demand for 5G network technologies and implementing 5G services to enhance service capabilities that is expected to deliver high bandwidth with less latency.
- Moreover, the increase in demand for 5G network technologies and rapid increase in bandwidth demand is anticipated to propel the market during the projected timeframe.
Global 5G RAN Market: Dynamics
Global 5G RAN Market: Key Drivers
- The increasing demand for superior bandwidth connectivity with minimum latency for many crucial and critical applications including vehicle-to-everything (V2X) and drone connectivity is anticipated to propel the market over the coming years.
- Many telecommunication corporations are engaged in enhancing their service capabilities with the deployment of 5G services that is likely to support market growth. The escalating demand for 5G network technologies is projected to proliferate 5G C-RAN network solutions and services.
- Some enhanced 5G-enabled use cases include autonomous driving, Artificial Intelligence (AI), ultra-HD video, Augmented Reality (AR), and Virtual Reality (VR). Increasing demand for Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced 5G applications are expected to drive the procurement of 5G RAN over the coming years.
- The 5G RAN market is expected to have several opportunities such as demand for diverse & challenging services and increasing security threats, which are projected to lead to the growth of the market during the forecasted timeframe.
- However, the 5G RAN market has several restraints that include large capital expenditure (CAPEX) and need for high capacity fronthaul, which are factors that might hinder the 5G RAN market across the globe.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global 5G RAN Market
The rapid spread of the Covid-19 pandemic has triggered a massive financial crisis and created a health crisis across the globe. The ongoing pandemic also had a significant impact on overall international trade and businesses. The outbreak of COVID-19 has slowed down the growth of the 5G RAN market owing to challenges in maintaining operational continuity, securing network data, and adapting to new traffic patterns. Organizations have actively focused on understanding the function of automation in digital transformation due to the pandemic. Moreover, enterprises also learn to measure the Return on Investment (ROI) as compared to other competing initiatives. These factors are expected to have a significant effect on the market over the coming years.
Asia Pacific to account for Major Share of the Global 5G RAN Market
- In terms of region, the global 5G RAN market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- The Asia Pacific region is predicted to dominate the 5G RAN market during the forecast timeframe. This can be attributed to aggressive deployment of 5G infrastructure by several providers that significantly supports the market growth. For instance, in November 2020, Telecoms.com, a news and analysis website in the telecom industry stated that operators in Asia Pacific are predicted to invest over USD 400 Bn on 5G infrastructure and approximately USD 300 Bn on 5G deployment between the years 2020 to 2025.
- North America is expected to lead the 5G RAN market owing to the presence of major technology players across the region.
Global 5G RAN Market: Competition Landscape
- Several local, regional, and global players are active in the 5G RAN market with a strong presence. Industry participants have been focusing on inorganic development strategies that involve collaboration, mergers, partnerships, and acquisitions with smaller firms to enhance their service portfolios and gain a major share of the market. Moreover, players in the market are constantly engaged in research & development activities to develop new products that will fulfill the requirements of customers and retain their customer base.
Key players operating in the global 5G RAN market include:
- Cisco Systems
- Nokia Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- ZTE Corporation
- Fujitsu Limited
- Intel Corporation
- Artiza Networks Inc.
- Anritsu Corporation
- Amphenol Corporation
- Xilinx Inc.
- Dali Wireless
- Radisys Corporation
- Commscope Inc.
- ASOCS Ltd.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Global 5G RAN Market: Research Scope
Global 5G RAN Market, by Component
- Base Band Units
- Remote Band Units
- Managed Services
- Professional Services
- Installation & Integration
- Support & Maintenance
- Training & Consulting
Global 5G RAN Market, by Deployment
Global 5G RAN Market, by End-user
- Telecom Operators
Global 5G RAN Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.