Impression Boxes: Emerging Concept in Podiatry and Orthotics Industries
- Impression boxes contain fine and soft foam for positive cast in orthotic and podiatry industries. These boxes are widely used to obtain feet impressions for casting models of feet mainly used in the orthotics industry.
- Impression box typically requires the patient to place the foot on the foam in the impression box and press down. The position of body should be in neutral or weight bearing position. The negative mold is then filled with Plaster of Paris for a positive cast and rectified to suit the patient’s foot.
- Fine and soft foam is used to prevent skin irritation. It recreates the plantar surface of the patient’s foot and makes casts to make orthotic, prosthetic, and podiatric models
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Impression Boxes Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Impression Boxes Market
- Rise in the number of foot diseases or injuries is one of the major drivers for the global impression boxes market. Orthoses are used to support limb injuries or immobility, and require casting models. Impression boxes are apt for creating an ideal cast.
- Increase in the number of road accidents and paralysis cases, which affects lower limbs, are factors responsible for the growth of the global impression boxes market
- As per the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, in 2013, approximately 1.7% or 5,357,970 people were reported to be suffering from some form of paralysis in the U.S. The paralysis resulted in difficulty or inability for the movement of upper and lower extremities. Hence, orthotics are required for the affected person and the need for impression boxes arises.
- Surge in the adoption of braces and supports for non-invasive treatment is also propelling the growth of impression boxes market
- Factors such as rise in the prevalence of diabetes and impression boxes being the most suitable method for casting models in orthosis and prosthesis are responsible for the growth of global impression boxes market
Lack of Skilled Workforce to Hamper Market
- Lack of skilled workforce to take proper foot impression is restraining the growth of the global impression boxes market. Improper model leads to discomfort for patients.
- Improper handling of impression boxes during shipment or transit can lead to disturbance in the material of the foam. This disturbance of material can lead to wrong impression or measurements. This may hamper the market.
Deep Impression Boxes to Witness High Demand
- In terms of product type, the global impression boxes market can be divided into standard impression boxes and deep impression boxes
- Standard impression boxes are available in size 40mm and less depth for foot impression, while deep impression boxes are 55 mm and above depth. This depth or size indicates the depth of the foam in a box.
- Deep impression boxes are projected to witness high demand in the near future, owing to their high effectiveness in casting and accurate impressions results
- Standard impression boxes have foam depth of 40 mm or less. These boxes are more suitable for CAD CAM orthotics.
Podiatry Clinics to be a Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global impression boxes market can be segmented into hospitals, podiatry clinics, and others
- The podiatry clinics segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to a large number of patients being referred to podiatry clinics for foot problems and orthosis, and availability of skilled podiatrists in these clinics
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Lead the Global Impression Boxes Market
- In terms of region, the global impression boxes market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global impression boxes market in 2018 due to a large number of people suffering from foot injuries, bunions, and other conditions, increase in road accidents, and availability of better treatment in the region
- According to the Illinois Podiatric Medical Association (IPMA), approximately, 6% of the U.S. population have foot injuries, bunions, flat feet or fallen arches
- The impression boxes market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to growth in aging population, rise in road accidents and foot injuries, and increase in the adoption of technologically advanced products in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global impression boxes market is highly fragmented. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Podotech (A. Algeo Ltd.)
- Innovation Rehab LTD
- Fresco Podología S.L.
- PPL Biomechanics
- Podiacare Ltd.
- Dacey Ltd T/A Orthotix
- Complete Healthcare
- Acor Orthopaedic, Inc.
- Frankford Leather Co., Inc.
Global Impression Boxes Market: Research Scope
Global Impression Boxes Market, by Product Type
- Standard Impression Boxes
- Deep Impression Boxes
Global Impression Boxes Market, by End-user
- Podiatry Clinics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.