Impression Boxes: Emerging Concept in Podiatry and Orthotics Industries
- Impression boxes contain fine and soft foam for positive cast in orthotic and podiatry industries. These boxes are widely used to obtain feet impressions for casting models of feet mainly used in the orthotics industry.
- Impression box typically requires the patient to place the foot on the foam in the impression box and press down. The position of body should be in neutral or weight bearing position. The negative mold is then filled with Plaster of Paris for a positive cast and rectified to suit the patient’s foot.
- Fine and soft foam is used to prevent skin irritation. It recreates the plantar surface of the patient’s foot and makes casts to make orthotic, prosthetic, and podiatric models
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Impression Boxes Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Impression Boxes Market
- Rise in the number of foot diseases or injuries is one of the major drivers for the global impression boxes market. Orthoses are used to support limb injuries or immobility, and require casting models. Impression boxes are apt for creating an ideal cast.
- Increase in the number of road accidents and paralysis cases, which affects lower limbs, are factors responsible for the growth of the global impression boxes market
- As per the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, in 2013, approximately 1.7% or 5,357,970 people were reported to be suffering from some form of paralysis in the U.S. The paralysis resulted in difficulty or inability for the movement of upper and lower extremities. Hence, orthotics are required for the affected person and the need for impression boxes arises.
- Surge in the adoption of braces and supports for non-invasive treatment is also propelling the growth of impression boxes market
- Factors such as rise in the prevalence of diabetes and impression boxes being the most suitable method for casting models in orthosis and prosthesis are responsible for the growth of global impression boxes market
Lack of Skilled Workforce to Hamper Market
- Lack of skilled workforce to take proper foot impression is restraining the growth of the global impression boxes market. Improper model leads to discomfort for patients.
- Improper handling of impression boxes during shipment or transit can lead to disturbance in the material of the foam. This disturbance of material can lead to wrong impression or measurements. This may hamper the market.
Deep Impression Boxes to Witness High Demand
- In terms of product type, the global impression boxes market can be divided into standard impression boxes and deep impression boxes
- Standard impression boxes are available in size 40mm and less depth for foot impression, while deep impression boxes are 55 mm and above depth. This depth or size indicates the depth of the foam in a box.
- Deep impression boxes are projected to witness high demand in the near future, owing to their high effectiveness in casting and accurate impressions results
- Standard impression boxes have foam depth of 40 mm or less. These boxes are more suitable for CAD CAM orthotics.
Podiatry Clinics to be a Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global impression boxes market can be segmented into hospitals, podiatry clinics, and others
- The podiatry clinics segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to a large number of patients being referred to podiatry clinics for foot problems and orthosis, and availability of skilled podiatrists in these clinics
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Lead the Global Impression Boxes Market
- In terms of region, the global impression boxes market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global impression boxes market in 2018 due to a large number of people suffering from foot injuries, bunions, and other conditions, increase in road accidents, and availability of better treatment in the region
- According to the Illinois Podiatric Medical Association (IPMA), approximately, 6% of the U.S. population have foot injuries, bunions, flat feet or fallen arches
- The impression boxes market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to growth in aging population, rise in road accidents and foot injuries, and increase in the adoption of technologically advanced products in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global impression boxes market is highly fragmented. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Podotech (A. Algeo Ltd.)
- Innovation Rehab LTD
- Fresco Podología S.L.
- PPL Biomechanics
- Podiacare Ltd.
- Dacey Ltd T/A Orthotix
- Complete Healthcare
- Acor Orthopaedic, Inc.
- Frankford Leather Co., Inc.
Global Impression Boxes Market: Research Scope
Global Impression Boxes Market, by Product Type
- Standard Impression Boxes
- Deep Impression Boxes
Global Impression Boxes Market, by End-user
- Podiatry Clinics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.