Impression Boxes: Emerging Concept in Podiatry and Orthotics Industries
- Impression boxes contain fine and soft foam for positive cast in orthotic and podiatry industries. These boxes are widely used to obtain feet impressions for casting models of feet mainly used in the orthotics industry.
- Impression box typically requires the patient to place the foot on the foam in the impression box and press down. The position of body should be in neutral or weight bearing position. The negative mold is then filled with Plaster of Paris for a positive cast and rectified to suit the patient’s foot.
- Fine and soft foam is used to prevent skin irritation. It recreates the plantar surface of the patient’s foot and makes casts to make orthotic, prosthetic, and podiatric models
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Impression Boxes Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Impression Boxes Market
- Rise in the number of foot diseases or injuries is one of the major drivers for the global impression boxes market. Orthoses are used to support limb injuries or immobility, and require casting models. Impression boxes are apt for creating an ideal cast.
- Increase in the number of road accidents and paralysis cases, which affects lower limbs, are factors responsible for the growth of the global impression boxes market
- As per the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, in 2013, approximately 1.7% or 5,357,970 people were reported to be suffering from some form of paralysis in the U.S. The paralysis resulted in difficulty or inability for the movement of upper and lower extremities. Hence, orthotics are required for the affected person and the need for impression boxes arises.
- Surge in the adoption of braces and supports for non-invasive treatment is also propelling the growth of impression boxes market
- Factors such as rise in the prevalence of diabetes and impression boxes being the most suitable method for casting models in orthosis and prosthesis are responsible for the growth of global impression boxes market
Lack of Skilled Workforce to Hamper Market
- Lack of skilled workforce to take proper foot impression is restraining the growth of the global impression boxes market. Improper model leads to discomfort for patients.
- Improper handling of impression boxes during shipment or transit can lead to disturbance in the material of the foam. This disturbance of material can lead to wrong impression or measurements. This may hamper the market.
Deep Impression Boxes to Witness High Demand
- In terms of product type, the global impression boxes market can be divided into standard impression boxes and deep impression boxes
- Standard impression boxes are available in size 40mm and less depth for foot impression, while deep impression boxes are 55 mm and above depth. This depth or size indicates the depth of the foam in a box.
- Deep impression boxes are projected to witness high demand in the near future, owing to their high effectiveness in casting and accurate impressions results
- Standard impression boxes have foam depth of 40 mm or less. These boxes are more suitable for CAD CAM orthotics.
Podiatry Clinics to be a Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global impression boxes market can be segmented into hospitals, podiatry clinics, and others
- The podiatry clinics segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to a large number of patients being referred to podiatry clinics for foot problems and orthosis, and availability of skilled podiatrists in these clinics
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Lead the Global Impression Boxes Market
- In terms of region, the global impression boxes market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global impression boxes market in 2018 due to a large number of people suffering from foot injuries, bunions, and other conditions, increase in road accidents, and availability of better treatment in the region
- According to the Illinois Podiatric Medical Association (IPMA), approximately, 6% of the U.S. population have foot injuries, bunions, flat feet or fallen arches
- The impression boxes market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to growth in aging population, rise in road accidents and foot injuries, and increase in the adoption of technologically advanced products in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global impression boxes market is highly fragmented. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Podotech (A. Algeo Ltd.)
- Innovation Rehab LTD
- Fresco Podología S.L.
- PPL Biomechanics
- Podiacare Ltd.
- Dacey Ltd T/A Orthotix
- Complete Healthcare
- Acor Orthopaedic, Inc.
- Frankford Leather Co., Inc.
Global Impression Boxes Market: Research Scope
Global Impression Boxes Market, by Product Type
- Standard Impression Boxes
- Deep Impression Boxes
Global Impression Boxes Market, by End-user
- Podiatry Clinics
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.