Ice Skating Rink Market: Introduction
- An ice skating rink is a frozen body of water or hardened chemicals where people can ice skate or play winter sports. Apart from recreational ice skating, some applications of an ice skating rink includes ice hockey, sledge hockey, sponge hockey, rink bandy skating, rink ball, broomball, speed skating, and figure skating. Ice rinks are also used for exhibitions, ice shows, and contests. There are two types of rinks - natural, where freezing occurs from cold ambient temperatures, and artificial, where a coolant produces cold temperatures in the surface below the water, causing the water to freeze. There are synthetic ice rinks as well, where skating surfaces are made out of plastics.
Key Drivers of the Global Ice Skating Rink Market
- Increasing number of people opting for ice skating as a sport of thrill and leisure, presence of waterless ice skating rinks, rising disposable income in both developed and emerging economies, increasing technological developments, popularity of ice skating sports, growing eco-friendly skating rinks, and artificial arenas developed for ice skating are factors which trigger the demand for ice skating rinks.
- In ice skating, is one can move on ice with the help of ice skates. Ice skating equipment used in ice skating sports include skates, clothing etc. This further accelerates the overall growth of the ice skating rink market.
Factors Restraining the Global Ice Skating Rink Market
- Ice sports activities, which tend to be relatively more expensive than other forms of sports and exercise, may restrict the growth of the overall global ice skating rink market.
- Ice sports requires safety precautions such as appropriate clothing and helmets in order to avoid hazards. This may also restrict the user from opting for ice sports over other sports and hinder the growth of the market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global ice skating rink market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the ice skating rink market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the ice skating rink market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America ice skating rink market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global ice skating rink market due to the presence of well-established ice skating rink providers which influences the market growth in the region. Increasing popularity of outdoor ice rinks, and ice skating academies in the region attracting large number of skating enthusiasts, as these institutes offer instructor based teaching sessions, designed as per age and preference are majorly contributing to the growth of the ice skating rink market in North America.
- The ice skating rink market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to changing consumer preference toward adventure ice sports. Growing popularity of ice sports such as skating and ice hockey, and rising participation in Asian Games are factors expected to fuel the growth of the ice skating rink market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies in the ice skating rink market are opting for innovative strategies to develop advanced ice skating rinks which provide superior finish and helps skaters to enhance the skating experience. This will help to augment their competitive advantage and market share globally. Companies are focusing on innovations and developing cost effective and efficient ice skating rinks which helps to propel the global demand for ice skating rinks. Steep competition is a major challenge, and hence companies are strategizing on partnerships, agreements, and acquisitions to expand their presence in the market.
A few of the key players operating in the global ice skating rink market are:
- EZ ICE, Inc.
- Ice at the Galleria
- IceBuilders, Inc.
- Ice-World International
- Lankwitz Ice Rink
- Magic Ice USA, Inc.
- Rink Management Services Corporation
- Special Ice
Global Ice Skating Rink Market: Research Scope
Global Ice Skating Rink Market, by Type
Global Ice Skating Rink Market, by Application
- Ice Skating
- Bandy Skating
- Figure Skating
- Others (Dancing, etc.)
Global Ice Skating Rink Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global ice skating rink market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.