Global Hydroxypropyl Starch Ether Market: Overview
Hydroxypropyl Starch Ether (HPS) is a chemical compound used for several applications such as papermaking, building materials, cosmetics, and others. It is extensively used in numerous industries owing to properties such as high stability and biocompatibility. Moreover, the prominent market players are engaging in research and development activities to enhance their product, thereby fuelling the market’s growth. The global hydroxypropyl starch ether market is expected to witness tremendous growth during the forecast period owing to increasing applications in the end-use industries.
Global Hydroxypropyl Starch Ether Market: Notable Developments
Below are some major developments in the global hydroxypropyl starch ether market:
- Looking at the rising need for gelatin free food products Emsland has developed a new gelatin free and protein rich jelly bar.
- They used a new hydroxypropylated starch called Emden ET 50 to manufacture the jelly bar. This compound is apt for the production of fat free confectioneries.
- This compound acts as an excellent gelling agent and enhances the shelf life of the product.
- The development of Emden ET 50 has led companies to engage in further research and development activities to increase its applications in other food products. This new confectionary solution has presented great growth opportunities for the global hydroxypropyl starch ether market.
Prominent players in the global hydroxypropyl starch ether market include Emsland, Agrana, YouFu Chemical, Gomez Chemical, Ingredion, Avebe, and Yiteng New Material.
Global Hydroxypropyl Starch Ether Market: Key Growth Dynamics
Hydroxypropyl starch ether is extensively used in the construction industry as it imparts unique properties to the cement such as an improved water retention performance. Additionally, it enhances the rheology of spray mortar because of its thickening function. Consequently, an expansion in the construction industry has contributed to the growth of global hydroxypropyl starch ether market.
Moreover, extensive use of hydroxypropyl starch ether (HPS) in the textile industry has also led to an expansion in the global hydroxypropyl starch ether market. It facilitates an efficient sizing of the textile. Additionally, rapid industrialization and growth in the number of HPS manufacturers have driven the hydroxypropyl starch ether market’s growth. Manufacturers are emphasizing on building new manufacturing units to increase their revenue share, thereby expediting the hydroxypropyl starch ether market’s growth.
In addition to the aforementioned drivers, recent technological advancements leading to product enhancement have led to an increase in the hydroxypropyl starch ether market. Moreover, increasing use of HPS as an additive to enhance chemical fiber hydration has led to a surge in the hydroxypropyl starch ether market.
However, there are a few restraints that may hinder the growth of global hydroxypropyl starch ether market. Factors such as stringent quality checks that delay the product launch and shortage of raw materials in the remote areas pose a threat to the hydroxypropyl starch ether market. Additionally, a high initial investment may thwart the market’s growth. Nonetheless, new product innovations and an increase in the number of manufacturing units may offset most of the restraints and create new growth avenues.
Global Hydroxypropyl Starch Ether Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America and Western Europe are expected to lead the global hydroxypropyl starch ether market. This is owing to rapid industrialization and a booming construction industry.
Asia Pacific is expected to grow exponentially during the forecast period on account of rising applications in the pharmaceutical and food industry. China and India are the major drivers of the hydroxypropyl starch ether market’s growth in this region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.