Hydrophobic Agents Market: Introduction
- Hydrophobic agents are primarily applied on fabrics, metals, glass, textiles, and plastics to offer protection from water, moisture, and dirt. A hydrophobic agent is also used as a water repellent substrate in coatings or adhesives.
- Hydrophobic agents are extensively used in the automotive industry, due to their excellent water and dust repellence. Buildings are prone to cracks, capillaries, and micro-cracks in changing weather conditions. These critical areas of buildings need to be protected from water, moisture, and harmful gases. This is expected to fuel the demand for hydrophobic agents during the forecast period.
Key Drivers of Global Hydrophobic Agent Market
- Increasing demand for hydrophobic agents for use in protective and performance coatings is expected to act as a major factor driving the global hydrophobic agent market during the forecast period. Hydrophobic-agent-based coatings have witnessed high demand over the last few years, as they prevent damage to installations and transportation equipment.
- Hydrophobic-agent-based coatings prevent entry of water through the coated surface layer. Electronic gadgets need to be protected from water, chemicals, and moisture to prevent short circuiting or damage. This is likely to propel the demand for hydrophobic agents in the next few years.
- Hydrophobic agents are suitable for use in different adhesives and coatings, which are used in applications such as metal coating or material binding
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Paints & Coatings Application Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Rise in the demand for water-repellent coatings in several end-use industries led by excellent protection offered by them is fueling the demand for hydrophobic agents for use in coating applications. Various hydrophobic agents such as polysiloxanes, fluoroalkyl silanes, and fluoropolymers are used for synthesis of coating materials.
- Hydrophobic agents provide protection from microbes, fouling, and corrosion to surfaces. Development of health care infrastructure in various countries is projected to fuel the demand for hydrophobic agents in the next few years.
Stringent Regulations and High Capital Investments to Hamper Market
- Production of hydrophobic agents requires high capital investments for establishment of the production facility and infrastructure. This is likely to act as a key entry barrier for companies, thereby hampering the demand for hydrophobic agents in the near future.
- Production and usage of hydrophobic agents involve emission of VOCs, which are harmful for the environment. Stringent regulations on the release of VOCs and fluorocarbons in the atmosphere in several countries are estimated to hamper the global hydrophobic agent market in the next few years.
- Limited durability of hydrophobic agents, especially in harsh and extreme environmental conditions, is also estimated to adversely affect the global market in the next few years
Asia Pacific to Hold a Significant Share of Global Hydrophobic Agent Market
- In terms of region, the global hydrophobic agent market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global hydrophobic agent market during the forecast period. High growth potential of automotive, medical, and construction industries is expected to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period. Demand for hydrophobic agents in China is anticipated to rise significantly in the near future, owing to growth of the industrial sector and increase in the production of adhesives and coatings in the country.
- North America and Europe are likely to hold a considerable share of the global hydrophobic agent market during the forecast period, owing to presence of a well-established paints & coatings industry in these regions. Demand for hydrophobic agents in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to rise between 2019 and 2027, due to improvement in economic conditions and development of infrastructure in these regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global hydrophobic agent market continues to remain clustered among a few large players operating in the market, which currently account for nearly 50% share of the global market, in terms of revenue. Companies are focusing on product innovation and advancements as a key strategy. This has led to high investments in research and development in the global hydrophobic agent market.
Key players operating in the global hydrophobic agent market are:
- Kao Chemicals
- Sika Group
- Silcona GmbH & CO.KG
- RUDOLF GROUP
- East Leading Chemical Co., Ltd.
Global Hydrophobic Agent Market: Research Scope
Global Hydrophobic Agent Market, by Type
- Fluoro-Alkyl Silanes
- Sodium Oleate
Global Hydrophobic Agent Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Others (Including Personal Care Ingredients)
Global Hydrophobic Agent Market, by End-use Industry
- Electronics & Optical
- Textile & Leather
- Medical & Health Care
- Building & Construction
- Others (Including Marine and Oil & Gas)
Global Hydrophobic Agent Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.