High Purity Soda Ash Market: Overview
- High purity soda ash (Na2CO3) is an anhydrous sodium carbonate available in white crystal or crystalline powder form. It is hygroscopic and forms strong alkaline solution in water.
- High purity soda ash is refined from natural soda ash such as mineral trona or sodium carbonate-bearing brines. It can be manufactured from nahcolite.
- High purity soda ash is primarily used to manufacture detergents and soaps. It is preferred over light soda ash for glass manufacturing, due its properties that are similar to silica sand. It also permits homogeneous mixing of raw materials and provides high-quality end products.
- High purity soda ash is used in various applications such as detergents, food and beverages, chemicals, and dyeing
Key Drivers of Global High Purity Soda Ash Market
- The global high purity soda ash market is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period primarily owing to the increase in demand for powder detergents in developing countries
- High purity soda ash is used in various applications such as metallurgy, personal care, and water treatment. Rise in demand for personal care and water treatment products is expected to provide new opportunities for the high purity soda ash market during the forecast period.
- High purity soda ash is used in manufacture of flat glass, which is employed in modern construction activities. Increase in demand for high purity soda ash from fiberglass and silicates is likely to provide major opportunities to the market in the next few years. However, stringent regulations imposed on the high purity soda ash industry are anticipated to hamper the market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Detergent Manufacturing Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the global high purity soda ash market can be segmented into detergent manufacturing, pulp & paper manufacturing, water & wastewater treatment, pharmaceuticals, animal feed additives, metallurgy, and others
- High purity soda ash is a vital raw material used in various applications including manufacture of detergents and soaps, glass, various chemicals, and industrial processes
- Increase in demand for high purity soda ash in detergent manufacturing and glass manufacturing industries is driving the high purity soda ash market. The trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
- Demand for high purity soda ash is increasing owing to the rise in personal care and water treatment applications. High purity soda ash is employed in water treatment to soften the hard water. Increase in demand for purified water is also boosting the demand for high purity soda ash.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global High Purity Soda Ash Market
- Based on region, the global high purity soda ash market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific was the leading region of the global high purity soda ash market. Asia Pacific is also anticipated to be one of the fastest growing regions of the market due to the increase in demand for glass and detergents in emerging countries such as India, Indonesia, and South Korea.
- China led the high purity soda ash market in Asia Pacific in 2018. However, India is likely to provide larger opportunities to the market owing to the rise in consumption of high purity soda ash in various applications in the country.
- Asia Pacific was followed by Europe in 2018. Rise in demand for high purity soda ash in modern construction activities has been driving the market for flat glass in Europe. This, in turn, has been boosting the demand for high purity soda ash in the region. Germany, the U.K., France, and Italy were the major consumers of high purity soda ash in Europe.
- Rest of the World is anticipated to exhibit immense potential for the market in the near future. The high purity soda ash market in Latin America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Market
Prominent players operating in the global high purity soda ash market are entering into partnerships, collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions to expand their customer base across the world. These companies are expanding their production capacities to cater to the rising demand for high purity soda ash.
Major players operating in the global high purity soda ash market include:
- Tata Chemicals Ltd.
- Natrium Products, Inc.
- Ciner Resources Corporation
- Ishtar Company LLC
- J. P. Chemicals
- Zhong lian Chemicals Limited
- American Soda, L.L.P.
- CIECH Soda Romania
- Takasugi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Magadi Soda Company Ltd
Global High Purity Soda Ash Market: Research Scope
Global High Purity Soda Ash Market, by Application
- Detergent Manufacturing
- Pulp & Paper Manufacturing
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Animal Feed Additive
- Others (including Chemical Industry, Mining, Textile, Glass Manufacturing, and Food & Beverages)
Global High Purity Soda Ash Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.