Hemangioma Treatment Market: Introduction
- Hemangioma is a red color birthmark, usually appearing in the first and the second week of birth. Hemangioma is a benign or non-cancerous tumor, made of blood vessels and usually looks like rubbery bump on the skin. It occurs on the face, chest, scalp, and back. Various kinds of hemangioma appear in muscles, bone, or internal organs of the body. The primary site of occurrence is usually on the face and neck, with different colors, shapes, and sizes. Usually, hemangioma is rarely cancerous, and hence does not require medical treatment. Due to the disfigured shape and size, many people seek medical advice, usually for cosmetic purpose. Surgery is not a treatment option; however, it is only recommended when the tumor is present deep inside the muscles or bone or when the tumor on skin causes difficulties in vision, eating, or breathing.
- According to research, around 1 in 20 infants is likely to have hemangioma. However, this condition is most commonly found in Caucasians and happens usually in girls, premature infants, twins, and triplets. Infantile hemangioma is usually common in infants and disappears after some time. The prevalence of infantile hemangioma is unknown. However, according to research, the prevalence of infantile hemangioma is estimated to be as high as 10%.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hemangioma Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hemangioma Treatment Market
- Increase in incidence of hemangioma in infants and children across the globe are projected to drive the global hemangioma treatment market. According to research, spinal hemangioma occurs in nearly 10% of the world’s population, which increases the need of treatment. Spinal hemangioma mostly occurs in people in the 30 years to 50 years age group and often shows no symptoms. Various studies have indicated that spinal symptomatic hemangioma is likely to occur in less than 1% of the hemangioma patient population. If symptomatic hemangioma is left untreated, the condition can lead to serious neurological effects.
- Approval of the new drugs for treating hemangioma and recent merger & acquisition are likely to augment the global hemangioma treatment market. Proper diagnosis and rise in minimal invasive procedure in removing tumors present in the internal organs of the body is estimated to propel the market during the forecast period. Moreover, technological advancements leading to the development of surgical or minimal invasive procedures for treating hemangioma are anticipated to boost the growth of the global hemangioma treatment market.
North America to Lead Global Hemangioma Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global hemangioma treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global hemangioma treatment market during the forecast period, owing to higher number of minimal invasive surgeries, increase in infantile hemangioma, and rise in cases of adult hemangioma. Presence of key players in the region offering various oral and topical medication for treating hemangioma is another factor propelling the market in North America. Capillary hemangioma cases are registered at a regular pace, which is likely to offer significant opportunities for local players to address the unmet need of hemangioma treatment in the region. Expertise in offering proper diagnosis of the condition along with supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and demand for better treatment are factors projected to augment the market in North America.
- Europe was the second largest market for hemangioma treatment in 2019, followed by Asia Pacific. Availability of various drugs and other surgical procedures for hemangioma condition for infants are anticipated to drive the hemangioma treatment market in Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market for hemangioma treatment during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in minimally invasive surgeries, availability of drugs, efficient diagnostic procedures, and surge in incidence of hemangioma in adults & infants.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Hemangioma Treatment Market” here
Key Players Operating in Global Hemangioma Treatment Market
The global hemangioma treatment market is fragmented, with the presence of a number of large and small players. Major players operating in the global hemangioma treatment market are:
- Pierre Fabre
- BIOLASE, Inc.
- Quanta System S.p.A.
- Pfizer, Inc. (U.S.)
- Cutting Edge Laser Technologies
- Novartis AG
- Linline Medical Systems
- Other Prominent Players
Global Hemangioma Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Hemangioma Treatment Market, by Hemangioma Type
- External Hemangioma
- Capillary Hemangioma
- Cavernous Hemangioma
- Lobular Capillary Hemangioma (pyogenic granuloma)
- Compound Hemangioma
- Internal Hemangioma
- Muscle Hemangioma
- Bone Hemangioma
- Spinal Hemangioma
Global Hemangioma Treatment Market, by Age Group
- Infantile Hemangioma
- Adult Hemangioma
Global Hemangioma Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Drugs Class
- Beta blocker Medication
- Anti-inflammatory Medication
- Laser Treatment
Global Hemangioma Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Centers
Global Hemangioma Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.