Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Hantaan is negative-sensed RNA virus that belongs to the Bunyaviridae family. It attacks wild and laboratory rodents. Hantaan virus is common in wild rodents and known as zoonotic. In humans, the virus is transmitted through contact with rodents’ urine, dropping or saliva or breathing in same contaminated air. This process is known as airborne transmission. However, the virus is not known to be transferred from human to human.
- There is no treatment available for the treatment of the Hantaan virus. However, various diagnostic procedure are available to identify infected patients. HPS (Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome) is commonly found in the U.S., and HFRS9 (Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome) is seen in European and the Asian countries. HFRS often leads to low blood pressure and kidney failure, while HPS results in breathlessness and lung illness.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market
- High prevalence of the Hantaan virus across the globe is a major factor boosting the market globally. Hantaan virus causes HPS that result in hemorrhagic fever. The major Hantavirus responsible for HPS is Sin Nombre virus in the U.S., and is associated with other chronic conditions such as respiratory failure, cardiogenic shock, and pulmonary edema. As per the journal published on NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), Hantaan virus affects around 30,000 humans every year, with no treatment available for this infection.
- Innovative technologies, such as RT-PCR and next-generation sequencing provide a comparatively less expensive diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy selection in patients throughout their treatment plan. This helps physicians frame appropriate therapeutic regimes for patients suffering from the HTNV (Hantaan orthohantavirus) diseases. Rise in demand for point-of-care services is likely to drive the diagnostics market. It also provides quick and accurate results as compared to traditional methods. SYBR-Green I-based reverse transcription-quantitative PCR is the simpler and technologically advanced process available for the diagnosis of the Hantaan virus.
- Awareness and faster adoption rate of diagnostic techniques is higher in developed economies, such as the U.S. and Europe as compared to developing economies. However, the adoption rate is low in emerging economies of Asia and Latin America due to underdiagnoses and lack of expertise. Rise in disposable income is also associated with the economic development in developing regions.
- Unfavorable reimbursement policies act as a major restraint for the global Hantaan virus diagnostics market. Insurance companies are refraining from reimbursing HTNV diagnostic tests due to lack of an appropriate coding system. However, these policies are not applied uniformly and vary with different payers in the region. For successfully approval of the diagnostic tests, the company have to go through a major obstacle of screening and evaluation by the health care regulatory agency of the country. In developing economies, strict regulations remain a hurdle for the approval of the innovative Hantaan virus diagnostic tests.
Molecular testing, the most advanced technique, is expected to be adopted for rapid diagnostic tests for Hantaan virus
- Molecular testing is the most innovative and rapid test adopted for the diagnosis of the Hantaan virus. Molecular testing offers high specificity and sensitivity and is a widely preferred innovative technology.
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) allows detection of other Hantavirus, such as Puumala virus or Dobrava virus, which could effectively cause the hepatopulmonary syndrome or hemorrhagic renal fever. Real time PCR (RT-PCR) is an advanced technology, which allows quantitative viral antigen detection by using the S segment of the viral genome. Technological advancements and clinical studies have supported the adoption of the PCR technique for Hantaan virus diagnosis globally.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market Report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market
- The global Hantaan virus diagnostics market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is considered to be the most affected region by Hantavirus infections across the globe and is likely to be a lucrative market in the near future. Rising prevalence of the Hantaan virus especially in China, Korea, and other developing countries is a major factor fueling the demand for diagnostics test. Asian countries are majorly affected by the HFRS caused by the Hantaan virus. As per a study published on NCBI, HFRS has become an emerging threat for the public widely.
- In China, major HFRS cases caused by the HTNV strain accounted for 90% of the total global cases. Technological advancements, and adoption and awareness about screening methods are likely to drive the Hantaan virus diagnostics market in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period. Southeast Asia is considered to be vulnerable to the Hantavirus. Government policies and adoption of rapid diagnostic tests are likely to augment market growth in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market
The global Hantaan virus diagnostics market is competitive. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Creative Diagnostics
- R-Biopharm AG
- Genome Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd.
- EUROIMMUN AG( PerkinElmer company)
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Other Prominent Players
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market, by Test Type
- Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Immunofluorescence Assay (IFA)
- Immunoblot & Neutralization Tests
- Molecular Tests
- PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) Test
- Viral Antigen Detection Tests
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market, by Application
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HVPS)
- Hemorrhagic Fever Renal Syndrome (HFRS)
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.