Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Hantaan is negative-sensed RNA virus that belongs to the Bunyaviridae family. It attacks wild and laboratory rodents. Hantaan virus is common in wild rodents and known as zoonotic. In humans, the virus is transmitted through contact with rodents’ urine, dropping or saliva or breathing in same contaminated air. This process is known as airborne transmission. However, the virus is not known to be transferred from human to human.
- There is no treatment available for the treatment of the Hantaan virus. However, various diagnostic procedure are available to identify infected patients. HPS (Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome) is commonly found in the U.S., and HFRS9 (Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome) is seen in European and the Asian countries. HFRS often leads to low blood pressure and kidney failure, while HPS results in breathlessness and lung illness.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market
- High prevalence of the Hantaan virus across the globe is a major factor boosting the market globally. Hantaan virus causes HPS that result in hemorrhagic fever. The major Hantavirus responsible for HPS is Sin Nombre virus in the U.S., and is associated with other chronic conditions such as respiratory failure, cardiogenic shock, and pulmonary edema. As per the journal published on NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), Hantaan virus affects around 30,000 humans every year, with no treatment available for this infection.
- Innovative technologies, such as RT-PCR and next-generation sequencing provide a comparatively less expensive diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy selection in patients throughout their treatment plan. This helps physicians frame appropriate therapeutic regimes for patients suffering from the HTNV (Hantaan orthohantavirus) diseases. Rise in demand for point-of-care services is likely to drive the diagnostics market. It also provides quick and accurate results as compared to traditional methods. SYBR-Green I-based reverse transcription-quantitative PCR is the simpler and technologically advanced process available for the diagnosis of the Hantaan virus.
- Awareness and faster adoption rate of diagnostic techniques is higher in developed economies, such as the U.S. and Europe as compared to developing economies. However, the adoption rate is low in emerging economies of Asia and Latin America due to underdiagnoses and lack of expertise. Rise in disposable income is also associated with the economic development in developing regions.
- Unfavorable reimbursement policies act as a major restraint for the global Hantaan virus diagnostics market. Insurance companies are refraining from reimbursing HTNV diagnostic tests due to lack of an appropriate coding system. However, these policies are not applied uniformly and vary with different payers in the region. For successfully approval of the diagnostic tests, the company have to go through a major obstacle of screening and evaluation by the health care regulatory agency of the country. In developing economies, strict regulations remain a hurdle for the approval of the innovative Hantaan virus diagnostic tests.
Molecular testing, the most advanced technique, is expected to be adopted for rapid diagnostic tests for Hantaan virus
- Molecular testing is the most innovative and rapid test adopted for the diagnosis of the Hantaan virus. Molecular testing offers high specificity and sensitivity and is a widely preferred innovative technology.
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) allows detection of other Hantavirus, such as Puumala virus or Dobrava virus, which could effectively cause the hepatopulmonary syndrome or hemorrhagic renal fever. Real time PCR (RT-PCR) is an advanced technology, which allows quantitative viral antigen detection by using the S segment of the viral genome. Technological advancements and clinical studies have supported the adoption of the PCR technique for Hantaan virus diagnosis globally.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market Report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market
- The global Hantaan virus diagnostics market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is considered to be the most affected region by Hantavirus infections across the globe and is likely to be a lucrative market in the near future. Rising prevalence of the Hantaan virus especially in China, Korea, and other developing countries is a major factor fueling the demand for diagnostics test. Asian countries are majorly affected by the HFRS caused by the Hantaan virus. As per a study published on NCBI, HFRS has become an emerging threat for the public widely.
- In China, major HFRS cases caused by the HTNV strain accounted for 90% of the total global cases. Technological advancements, and adoption and awareness about screening methods are likely to drive the Hantaan virus diagnostics market in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period. Southeast Asia is considered to be vulnerable to the Hantavirus. Government policies and adoption of rapid diagnostic tests are likely to augment market growth in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market
The global Hantaan virus diagnostics market is competitive. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Creative Diagnostics
- R-Biopharm AG
- Genome Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd.
- EUROIMMUN AG( PerkinElmer company)
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Other Prominent Players
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market, by Test Type
- Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Immunofluorescence Assay (IFA)
- Immunoblot & Neutralization Tests
- Molecular Tests
- PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) Test
- Viral Antigen Detection Tests
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market, by Application
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HVPS)
- Hemorrhagic Fever Renal Syndrome (HFRS)
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Hantaan Virus Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.