Formamide Market: Introduction
- Formamide, also known as methanamide, is an amide derived from formic acid. Formamide. It is a clear liquid, which has an ammonia-like odor and is miscible with water. Formamide is being proposed to be used as an alternative to water as a solvent. Its solvation properties are similar to that of water due to large dipole moment.
- Formamide is utilized as chemical feedstock for the manufacture of sulfa drugs, other pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides, and in the production of hydrocyanic acid. It also employed as a softener for paper and fiber. It is utilized as a solvent for several ionic compounds and resins & plasticizers.
- Formamide is a component of cryoprotectant vitrification mixtures that are used for cryopreservation of tissues and organs. It is also utilized as an RNA stabilizer in gel electrophoresis by deionizing RNA. In capillary electrophoresis, it is used to stabilize (single) strands of denatured DNA.
Key Drivers of Global Formamide Market
- Demand for various agrochemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, and insectides is rising due to a surge in occurrence of various pests and diseases. This increasing demand for agrochemicals is expected to drive the formamide market, as it is used as an intermediate in the production of agrochemicals.
- Expansion of the pharmaceutical industry is driving the formamide market. Formamide is used as solvent in the production of various pharmaceuticals. Rising healthcare expenditure by population is boosting the demand for formamide. Moreover, rise in healthcare budget of governments of various countries is driving pharmaceutical industries, which in turn is further propelling the demand for formamide. This is a key factor that is estimated to drive the formamide market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Pharmaceutical Processing Segment to Dominate Global Formamide Market
- Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases worldwide is fueling the demand for various sulfonamide derivatives. Sulfonamides were the first anti-microbial drugs developed to treat bacterial infections in humans and animals. Sulfonamides also restrains the growth of bacteria and hence act as bacteriostatic agents. Rising demand for formamide as intermediate in production of these sulfonamides is expected to boost the demand for formamide during the forecast period.
- Rising demand and sale of pharmaceutical products is likely to boost the demand for pharmaceutical solvent. This, in turn, is likely to augment the demand for formamide, as it is used as solvent in pharmaceutical products.
Global Formamide Market: Restraints
- A major challenge for all solvents is the stringent government regulations regarding its manufacture, storage, and transportation. This is expected to hinder the demand for formamide, as it is used as solvent in various industries.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Formamide Market
- In terms of region, the formamide market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global formamide market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the availability of resources, such as raw material and labor, at cost effective prices in the region. Several solvent manufacturers have recently shifted their production facilities to countries, including India, China, Thailand, and South Korea.
- China, India, and Japan account for major share of the total pulp and paper production in Asia Pacific. Expansion of the packaging industry in the region, due to increase in expenditure on food and beverages and rise in industrialization, is projected to fuel the demand for paper-based packaging in the region. Formamide is utilized as a softener for paper, which in turn, is expected to drive the formamide market in the region.
- The pharmaceutical solvent market in Europe and North America is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace, which in turn is projected to restraint the formamide market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the saturated pharmaceutical industry in these regions.
Key Players Operating In Global Market
Key players operating in the market include:
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical
- Balaji Amines
- Suqian Xinya Technology
- Zhejiang Realsun Chemical
- Shijiazhuang Sincere Chemical
- Shandong Rongyue Chemical
Global Formamide Market: Research Scope
Global Formamide Market, by Application
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Polymer & Plastic
- Process Solvents
Global Formamide Market, by Product Type
- 98% Purity
- 99% Purity
Global Formamide Market Segment by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.