Formamide Market: Introduction
- Formamide, also known as methanamide, is an amide derived from formic acid. Formamide. It is a clear liquid, which has an ammonia-like odor and is miscible with water. Formamide is being proposed to be used as an alternative to water as a solvent. Its solvation properties are similar to that of water due to large dipole moment.
- Formamide is utilized as chemical feedstock for the manufacture of sulfa drugs, other pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides, and in the production of hydrocyanic acid. It also employed as a softener for paper and fiber. It is utilized as a solvent for several ionic compounds and resins & plasticizers.
- Formamide is a component of cryoprotectant vitrification mixtures that are used for cryopreservation of tissues and organs. It is also utilized as an RNA stabilizer in gel electrophoresis by deionizing RNA. In capillary electrophoresis, it is used to stabilize (single) strands of denatured DNA.
Key Drivers of Global Formamide Market
- Demand for various agrochemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, and insectides is rising due to a surge in occurrence of various pests and diseases. This increasing demand for agrochemicals is expected to drive the formamide market, as it is used as an intermediate in the production of agrochemicals.
- Expansion of the pharmaceutical industry is driving the formamide market. Formamide is used as solvent in the production of various pharmaceuticals. Rising healthcare expenditure by population is boosting the demand for formamide. Moreover, rise in healthcare budget of governments of various countries is driving pharmaceutical industries, which in turn is further propelling the demand for formamide. This is a key factor that is estimated to drive the formamide market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Pharmaceutical Processing Segment to Dominate Global Formamide Market
- Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases worldwide is fueling the demand for various sulfonamide derivatives. Sulfonamides were the first anti-microbial drugs developed to treat bacterial infections in humans and animals. Sulfonamides also restrains the growth of bacteria and hence act as bacteriostatic agents. Rising demand for formamide as intermediate in production of these sulfonamides is expected to boost the demand for formamide during the forecast period.
- Rising demand and sale of pharmaceutical products is likely to boost the demand for pharmaceutical solvent. This, in turn, is likely to augment the demand for formamide, as it is used as solvent in pharmaceutical products.
Global Formamide Market: Restraints
- A major challenge for all solvents is the stringent government regulations regarding its manufacture, storage, and transportation. This is expected to hinder the demand for formamide, as it is used as solvent in various industries.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Formamide Market
- In terms of region, the formamide market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global formamide market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the availability of resources, such as raw material and labor, at cost effective prices in the region. Several solvent manufacturers have recently shifted their production facilities to countries, including India, China, Thailand, and South Korea.
- China, India, and Japan account for major share of the total pulp and paper production in Asia Pacific. Expansion of the packaging industry in the region, due to increase in expenditure on food and beverages and rise in industrialization, is projected to fuel the demand for paper-based packaging in the region. Formamide is utilized as a softener for paper, which in turn, is expected to drive the formamide market in the region.
- The pharmaceutical solvent market in Europe and North America is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace, which in turn is projected to restraint the formamide market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the saturated pharmaceutical industry in these regions.
Key Players Operating In Global Market
Key players operating in the market include:
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical
- Balaji Amines
- Suqian Xinya Technology
- Zhejiang Realsun Chemical
- Shijiazhuang Sincere Chemical
- Shandong Rongyue Chemical
Global Formamide Market: Research Scope
Global Formamide Market, by Application
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Polymer & Plastic
- Process Solvents
Global Formamide Market, by Product Type
- 98% Purity
- 99% Purity
Global Formamide Market Segment by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.