Fillers Market in Composites Industry Introduction
- Fillers are particles added to resins or binders such as plastic, composite, and concrete. Elastomers and plastic are the two key segments of filler materials. Large numbers of fillers are used for various applications such as paper, plastics, rubber, paints, adhesives and sealants. Major filler materials used are precipitated calcium carbonate, ground calcium carbonate, kaolin, talc, and carbon black. Filler materials can affect tensile strength, toughness, heat resistance, color, clarity, etc. Fillers play a vital role in performance of composite resin.
- Types of the fillers include calcium carbonate, kaolin, glass, fly ash, magnesium hydroxide, nanofillers, and wollastonite. Fillers reduce the cost of composite and improve performance. They can improve mechanical properties including fire and smoke performance. Fillers play an important role in improving the mechanical properties of polymer composites. Fillers in composites are mostly made by glasses, ceramics, metals etc.
- In the composite industry, fillers are widely used in the fabrication part to alter the resin properties. This helps lower the production cost and raw material consumption.
Key Drivers of Fillers Market in Composites Industry
- Rise in usage of fillers in composite and paper & plastic industries is expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Composites are widely used in daily life. They offer benefits such as lightness of weight, strength, resistance to corrosion, durability, and design flexibility. Filler plays an important role in the process of open molding, closed molding, and cast polymer. Fillers are extensively used in composites, plastics, polymers, and papers. They are also extensively employed in medical surgeries. Calcium carbonate is widely used as an inorganic filler, which is available at low cost and in various sizes. It is prominently used in composite applications. Calcium carbonate is used as filler in the fabrication of composite parts in various segments such as transportation, building & construction, and consumer goods. Kaolin, alumina trihydrate, and calcium sulfate are also majorly used in the composite industry.
- Beneficial properties of fillers is leading to an increase in their adoption in various applications. Fillers have vast potential for usage in the industrial sector due to their key properties. Growth in demand for composite materials is a prominent driver of the filler market.
Restraints of Fillers Market in Composites Industry
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of fillers in composites is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period. There are some possibilities to use hemb fiber, MgO-Cement, recycled concrete, fly ash, and steel slag as alternatives for fillers.
COVID-19 Impact on Fillers Market in Composites Industry
- The COVID-19 outbreak has adversely impacted the demand for fillers in many applications. The entire supply chain starting from raw material to composite material products has been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Demand for fillers declined in the composite industry in 2020 due to stringent government rules and regulations owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. Imposition of lockdowns in various countries led to a decrease in manufacturing operations, and supply & transportation. This hampered the demand for fillers.
- Manufacturing companies and supply chain facilities of fillers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many players halted their production output due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials. Thus, demand for fillers in the composites industry is expected to decline in the near future.
Competitive Landscape in Fillers Market in Composites Industry
- Major players operating in the global fillers market in composites industry are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations
- The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Evonik Industries
- MINERAL TECHNOLOGIES
- HUBER ENGINEERED MATERIALS
- Sibelco Asia Pte Ltd
Fillers Market in Composites Industry: Research Scope
Fillers Market in Composites Industry, by Filler Type
- Calcium Carbonate
Fillers Market in Composites Industry, by Process Type
- Compression Molding
- Hand Lay-up
- Spray Up
- Filament Winding
- Injection Molding
Fillers Market in Composites Industry, by End-use
- Building & Construction
- Pipes & Tanks
- Consumer Goods
- Electricals & Electronics
Global Fillers Market in Composite Industry, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.